Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

yours

HSC
it said AT LEAST ONE RT so I used two, it was good for talking about the female's place in society - patriarchy

D94

HSC
N/A
Ah shit, i only did one but it did fit quite well with place as my 2nd had nothing to do with place.

How many marks are we talking here 2 - 3 maybe?
Depends on the quality of the essay and what impact it makes on the marker.

angelarr

HSC
Half my essay was on place and the other half was culture/identity so that half didn't go down too well but I tried adapting it..
My related (The Island) fit pretty well though I thought

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I did The Simple Gift.
And while it is a disgusting, disgusting, DISGUSTING, revolting text, it fitted in brilliantly.
Ran out of time to properly analyse my related text though :(

Because I didn't do a lot on place, and more focussed on relationships and people in study, I talked about how relationships affect our connection to a place, and therefore to belonging whatever

mahir

HSC
absolutely destroyed it - pans labyrinth, 10 mary street and st patricks college all about place w00p w00p

catalyst91

HSC
So much fail with Crucible.
I mentioned how the perception of belonging/not belonging to a place is characterized by the sense of belonging to the elements of that place... eg. In The Crucible the elements would be society, religion etc.
Essentially, I talked out of my arse.
Who else did Crucible and found it shitty?

catalyst91

HSC
for those who did the Cubicle - it must have been hard! I guess that is why they scale each text differently
Do they really scale the texts differently? I've never heard of this before. Can anyone confirm? lolol -clinging to every shred of hope.

HSC
Fuck off. This question was aimed too much at the retard standard texts like skrzynecki. Dickinson was hard to work this around. I said how a sense of belonging to place can only be achieved through ones identity, then talked about not belonging to society and meaningless belonging to society and then meaningful belonging on your own terms.

Skrzynecki is an Advanced text..

yours

HSC
For who did dICKINson what poems did you use? I used a word, died for beauty and letter

themanman

HSC
N/A
AYLI + Pan's Labyrinth

Luckily i prepared paragraphs on both place and people

Place comes out cho ass in those texts

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
herbs1 piss off, ruse kids do skrzynecki

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
The question fucked me over even though I saw it coming. :/

HSC
at our school they use it as a standard one, and fight me, lets go.
Oh ok fair enough. Ours its advanced and the question suited it beautifully (just like the prediction on here that you were certain was false ;] ) so I'm happy :)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Skrzynecki is an Advanced text..
You are both wrong. Area of study is completely common to standard and advanced, at our school advanced does Dickinson and standard does Skrzynecki but it could easily be the other way around. Oh and at the school i go to ESL does emily dickinson too lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)