Section 3 - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
for those who did the Cubicle - it must have been hard! I guess that is why they scale each text differently

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
I had Emily Dickinson. It worked well for 2 of the three I had prepared for: "I had been hungry all the years" and "I died for beauty but was scarce" but I stretched it a bit with "A word dropped careless." But I nearly died of happiness for my related text, Lord Of the Flies, it fitted perfectly.

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't write enough...

I did Migrant hostel, Feliks Skrzynecki and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World...

AnnetteMelissa

HSC
I did the Crucible and thought that the essay question was quite good. My thesis that I had throughout all of my essays fitted good, it was "A sense of belonging is most powerfully influenced by the society individuals are part of." I won't write all of it, but it went on to say how society can either enrich or character or result in disenchantment, and how in such cases it is in comprehending one's own identity that belonging is found. Of course I had to tweak it a little bit, but overall I found it good for The Crucible. My related was the poem Preludes by T.S. Eliot, which I found good as well.

But guys, it's over! No more belonging anymore!

God Bless :)

jonesy268

HSC
I did migrant hostel and had to get through with ancestors, as well as relating Martin luther kings i have a dream (not relating to mainstream society). Luckily i thought of using the nightmarish setting for ancestors to say how oppressive places can hinder any sort of belonging. I was packing it when i first read it though!

sniz

HSC
did anyone else do romulus my father?

ugh if it had JUST been perceptions or JUST place...wouldve worked quite well but both combined was soo hard!

lockedbox

HSC
bllarg! totally bombed this question, strictly ballroom and my related text had absolutly nothing to do with places! hopefully I can pick up the slack in paper 2

_deloso

HSC
prescribed text: Romulus my father- connection with the Australian landscape
related text: poem about aboriginals and their connection with the land
Yup all good!!!

small-thing

HSC
Okay, am I the only one that found that essay question to be a complete bitch? Places and shit like easy, but it was so annoying wording it to make sense..

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
prescribed text: Romulus my father- connection with the Australian landscape
related text: poem about aboriginals and their connection with the land
Yup all good!!!
heey my related was on the same idea! lol, you didn't happen to do kath walker/oodgeroo did you?

altho i suppose most aboriginal poems are based on the land

kteague4

HSC
went so well with Skrzynecki, and yay for 'at least ONE other related text' !

D94

HSC
N/A
I reckon it went well with The Simple Gift - Steven Herrick. It's basically about different places and different perceptions.

herbs1

HSC
Fuck off. This question was aimed too much at the retard standard texts like skrzynecki. Dickinson was hard to work this around. I said how a sense of belonging to place can only be achieved through ones identity, then talked about not belonging to society and meaningless belonging to society and then meaningful belonging on your own terms.

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
Since the question suited Skrzynecki so much would that mean it would be marked harder O_O

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
Works so well with Skrzynecki and to an extent my gothic additional text. I just filled that essay up with as many quotes as I could and explained how it related to belonging. I didn't finish and I still had a paragraph to go, but I was already overtime as it was. Sort of confident with this one, but I'm still thinking I did terribly in it. :(

FTW

HSC
I reckon it went well with The Simple Gift - Steven Herrick. It's basically about different places and different perceptions.
Yes I found it went ok with The Simple Gift except for the fact I had to warp one of my themes to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)