• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Module B Hate Thread (2 Viewers)

FTW

HSC
haha youve got to be kidding? Hamlet is one text. There is a story line that im sure if its anything like any of shakespeare's other plays has central themes and messages in which he aims to convey through his writing.. I too studied shakespeare for conflicing perspectives and let me tell you, if they had given an extract on the final lines of the play with the same question it would have been 100x easier. The speeches have no central meaning throughout or link at all. Yes it is possible to synthesise a couple of them together, but not all. Its alot easier to remembering information regarding one text as it clearly all ties in together. A composer doesnt write a text thats disconnected, where one scene doesnt relate to the next. The point is for it to flow, therefore making it easier. For the people who did speeches and essays it was a great disadvantage. Atleast with skrzynecki's poems in belonging the central meaning and themes ran throughout all of the 7 or so poems, ie it was surrounding the hardships of migration. To be honest if you cant see the central theme in a text you studied that consists of one text, not eight that dont relate, pretty sure you failed the course lol
oh my god thank you!!!!!! This is exactly how i feel!!!

Glorious

HSC
i know =( I didnt know what to do so I just wrote more on Mod A and Mod C and only wrote an intro on Mod B =(
Damn! :( you could have written something you knew and SOMEHOW tied it? Even if it was regurgitating info, maybe you'd be able to pick up SOME marks?

HSC
haha youve got to be kidding? hamlet is one text. there is a story line that im sure if its anything like any of Shakespeare's other plays has central themes and messages in which he aims to convey through his writing.. i too studied shakespeare for conflicing perspectives and let me tell you, if they had given an extract on the final lines of the play with the same question it would have been 100x easier. the speeches have no central meaning throughout or link at all. yes it is possible to synthesise a couple of them together, but not all. its alot easier to remembering information regarding one text as it clearly all ties in together. a composer doesnt write a text thats disconnected, where one scene doesnt relate to the next. the point is for it to flow, therefore making it easier. for the people who did speeches and essays it was a great disadvantage. atleast with skrzynecki's poems in belonging the central meaning and themes ran throughout all of the 7 or so poems, ie it was surrounding the hardships of migration. to be honest if you cant see the central theme in a text you studied that consists of ONE TEXT, NOT EIGHT THAT DONT RELATE, pretty sure you failed the course lol
Hamlet is fucking confusing bro - there are SO MANY ways you can interpret the play because Shakespeare basically leaves the whole play open-ended. The extract itself could have meant two different things - the moral elevation of Hamlet or the irony of Hamlet's moral deterioration by the end of the play. The play contradicts itself; every time you try and argue something there is SOMETHING afterwards that completely shatters your thesis. I understand that speeches and essays are hard since they are disjointed texts, but Hamlet is fucking hard as well. And there is just some much material to work with - 5 acts, it's like 4 hours when played on stage. And there are so many different angles oh my god I am so glad I am rid of that text.

abc123yoyo

HSC
For hamlet i wrote how fortinbras' description of hamlet somehow links to inaction and that fortinbras admires him calling him some "royal blah blah blah" in his attempt to fight the political corruption in denmark is that somewhat right? o_O i used the quote they gave us the whole way through

Entity

HSC
Now I'm thinking of what they could really do for the upcoming maths exams. I'm hoping they don't throw something very terrible like some of the past HSC questions beyond the 1990s =_=
Look at it this way mate, if you find it hard, so does the rest of the state. No biggie.

Glorious

HSC
Hamlet is fucking confusing bro - there are SO MANY ways you can interpret the play because Shakespeare basically leaves the whole play open-ended. The extract itself could have meant two different things - the moral elevation of Hamlet or the irony of Hamlet's moral deterioration by the end of the play. The play itself contradicts itself; every time you try and argue something there is SOMETHING afterwards that completely shatters your thesis. I understand that speeches and essays are hard since they are disjointed texts, but Hamlet is fucking hard as well.
I agree. Hamlet isn't as easy as it seems. You really need to read it deep enough to come up with something so "out there" that you can use to argue. Shakespeare leaves everything up to us - so you have to be careful with the idea of "bullshitting COMPLETELY".

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mod B- Had Prepared Essay for Suu Kyi and Pearson.
and guess what?
wooot higher marks compared to the rest of the state for me :D

And yes, if you JUST relied on the extract, you would get marked down....as you needed to relate it to her construction of the whole speech....and how that revelation reshapes your judgement...i.e. repositioning the feminist views in a global framework to promote the ideas of tolerance through unity (much the same way as pearson)

So reiterate, FUCK YES BOS! LOVE YOU BBY!

jamesfirst

HSC
So reiterate, FUCK YES BOS! LOVE YOU BBY!
Don't be too cocky. I'll laugh if you failed your English. A lot of people like this end up failing and they have nothing to say in the end.

Glorious

HSC
For hamlet i wrote how fortinbras' description of hamlet somehow links to inaction and that fortinbras admires him calling him some "royal blah blah blah" in his attempt to fight the political corruption in denmark is that somewhat right? o_O i used the quote they gave us the whole way through
You didn't have to use it, but yeah you could highlight Hamlet's inaction using the quotes if you wanted. I had a point about inaction as well as corruption in Denmark.

jamesfirst

HSC
He never said it was easy...

I said I didnt need a high atar, and he was just revealing what I consider a 'high atar' is as it is a relative term.
It's just that, he said "he's getting a 99.7, he means it" has no validity in his statement if you've messed one of your essays up. Anyway, it's cool that you're not looking for a high ATAR like any other selective school kids, because you're realistic and only want what you need :)

I know many fuckers who just wants high ATAR and acts all cocky.

sophielee169

HSC
Hamlet is fucking confusing bro - there are SO MANY ways you can interpret the play because Shakespeare basically leaves the whole play open-ended. The extract itself could have meant two different things - the moral elevation of Hamlet or the irony of Hamlet's moral deterioration by the end of the play. The play contradicts itself; every time you try and argue something there is SOMETHING afterwards that completely shatters your thesis. I understand that speeches and essays are hard since they are disjointed texts, but Hamlet is fucking hard as well. And there is just some much material to work with - 5 acts, it's like 4 hours when played on stage. And there are so many different angles oh my god I am so glad I am rid of that text.
thats a fair argument and im not trying to say that hamlet in any case is easy, otherwise i doubt they would have set it for the advanced course, though for the question, i do think a text that consists of one entirety of one text is much easier to approach thana bunch of speeches or essays.. and how you said about it having 2 main themes that contradict, i guess if you only talked about one and backed up your evidence and it soundly answered the question, then it would work, wouldnt it? because a marker looks at what you present them, not other pieces of the text that you dont talk about.. and if that answers the question then thats all you need :)

michaeljennings

HSC
It's just that, he said "he's getting a 99.7, he means it" has no validity in his statement if you've messed one of your essays up. Anyway, it's cool that you're not looking for a high ATAR like any other selective school kids, because you're realistic and only want what you need :)

I know many fuckers who just wants high ATAR and acts all cocky.
Nah lol I think youre mistaken he said 'he means a high atar is 99.7' he never said 'hes getting a 99.7', my atar estimate was 98 at school which I would be really pleased with. I hope you get what you want too =) good luck with the rest of your exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)