• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Module B Hate Thread (1 Viewer)

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
Don't be too cocky. I'll laugh if you failed your English. A lot of people like this end up failing and they have nothing to say in the end.
LMAOOOOOO
Trust;
I didn't fail homedawg
A strong student who gets to insert a near perfect trial HSC response to address the question directly should not be worried. Albeit, I admit my time management wasn't too kind to my Mod C =/

Don't worry if you didn't do well in Mod B. Just know that this was an unlucky year for Harwood's friends.
BTW you would only get 15 as you didnt answer the question and only utilised 200-250 words of the required text.

abc123yoyo

HSC
the english exams wodnt have pissed me off if everybody was on a level playing field - 1 specific poem really?? even though i did hamlet and the idea of place in the crucible?? i used to 10 minutes of my reading time to think of an abstract answer to that question the only question is if marks get alligned or not

sophielee169

HSC
the english exams wodnt have pissed me off if everybody was on a level playing field - 1 specific poem really?? even though i did hamlet and the idea of place in the crucible?? i used to 10 minutes of my reading time to think of an abstract answer to that question the only question is if marks get alligned or not
i agree completely.. all they did was give some an advantage and severely disadvantage others

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
That's valid, but you need to remember that each text has a separate marking criteria. So whoever else did the Crucible would be just as fucked over and so you are on a level playing field.

abc123yoyo

HSC
That's valid, but you need to remember that each text has a separate marking criteria. So whoever else did the Crucible would be just as fucked over and so you are on a level playing field.
But if you go to past papers and look at their marking criteria it talks about belonging as a concept - no marking criteria is ever differentiated solely based on the text students use

sophielee169

HSC
such a releif. i had no idea they had diff marking criteria for all texts! lol!

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
But if you go to past papers and look at their marking criteria it talks about belonging as a concept - no marking criteria is ever differentiated solely based on the text students use
That's the standard attachments for the public release documentation. The BOS would never make public all of their marking schemes/what is given to the HSC markers.
For god's sakes they don't even let you look at your own test paper unless you pay for it >.<"

jerseyshore

HSC
My school did speeches and we could here the english department bickering at the stupidity of Module B all the way during the exam lol

treakdaddy

HSC
N/A
this hsc was retarted i did yeats and when i came out of the exam every kid, even the top ranked kids were complaining because we and the teachers didnt think they would nominate and if they did then we assumed that they wouldn't chose the hardest poem, being among school children, but we were wrong and some classes didnt even study the poem just read over it so they were serverely screwed.

god my hsc hasnt been lucky, with the exception of the belonging story, i mean the crucible question just shafted me as well

ben_aussie1

HSC
I may have shot myself in the foot with this one, but i said that the excerpt thay gave for Hamlet was completely unrelated to my personal interpretation and said 'to no extent' did it resonate with my response to the play as a whole. Hamlet is mainly about themes like revenge, morality, madness, etc. and Fortinbras said NOTHING to do with any of it!!

HSC
Thankfully for Gwen Harwood, it was a poem that i knew well. Unfortunately, I did that section last and only ended up writing 4 pages for it.

Though, i know ALOT of people who screwed that section up solely because that wasn't the poem they focused on, because our teachers recommended us use the less used poems such as 'Sharpness of Death' and 'Triste Triste'. So yea, I'm lucky, but still didn't do as well as I could have.

sophielee169

HSC
this hsc was retarted i did yeats and when i came out of the exam every kid, even the top ranked kids were complaining because we and the teachers didnt think they would nominate and if they did then we assumed that they wouldn't chose the hardest poem, being among school children, but we were wrong and some classes didnt even study the poem just read over it so they were serverely screwed.

god my hsc hasnt been lucky, with the exception of the belonging story, i mean the crucible question just shafted me as well
same thing happened to us.. we had a sub for 6 weeks who didnt think it was even necessary to read this poem through in class..

sophielee169

HSC
I may have shot myself in the foot with this one, but i said that the excerpt thay gave for Hamlet was completely unrelated to my personal interpretation and said 'to no extent' did it resonate with my response to the play as a whole. Hamlet is mainly about themes like revenge, morality, madness, etc. and Fortinbras said NOTHING to do with any of it!!
well english is all about your own interpretation of the text.. atleast yours will stand out!

Glorious

HSC
Yikes... You may have actually. The questions are written for you to agree with them, but obviously in this case, to some extent. However, for you to hang your essay solely on going against the question is sort of pushing it....so... Im not sure.

steph_g

HSC
Guesstimation of marks -
walked in with three speeches prepared, none of them suu kyi. read the question, flipped out, gave it about 25 minutes which consisted of me making convoluted statements about the speech, attempting to 'judge' and incorporate a personal voice. essentially wrote half of an essay, comparing a LIMITED analysis of suu kyi against a more thorough analysis of bandler.
thoughts?

wyssm

HSC
im so pissed about speeches, i didnt know much about suu kyi's speech so i culdnt write a full paragraph on it. all i did was bullshit a really limited connection between her closing statements and my 3 speeches at the start and end of every paragraph. need to know what the maximum mark i can get? >.<

steph_g

HSC
im so pissed about speeches, i didnt know much about suu kyi's speech so i culdnt write a full paragraph on it. all i did was bullshit a really limited connection between her closing statements and my 3 speeches at the start and end of every paragraph. need to know what the maximum mark i can get? >.<
did the question say respond with one, or at least one, speech?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)