General Thoughts: General Mathematics (1 Viewer)

nuttela

HSC
i worship silly mistakes...

i hope i did good in this IQ test

cwrees

HSC
With the width of the window one, i did the measurement of left to right if you were looking at it front on? But im starting to notice that this is wrong? How can you assume that the width means the measurement of its depth from looking above? Can't width be either?

masteroblivi

HSC
i swear I am sooo Pissed at all this :/ i even wish i done 2 units. im good at maths but crap when it comes to trying to interpit questions. I hate finance now and i wish we had a high mark question that involved ONLY algebra. woulda been some easy marks there :"( sooo disapointed with myself.!

LonelyWolf

HSC
Haha, extension students can't even do general maths yet persist about demeaning those who do general

Beachtraveller

HSC
For question 20, and correct me if I'm wrong, but is the answer not a?
I got A as the income at the breakeven point is $0. And the income at the 500 people attending point is the income minus the cost which would be $15000. Thus the difference in income is $15000. Or did I interpret the question incorrectly?

salman708

HSC
I got distance = 30,048km (Nearest Km)[Using the arc length formula)
And for b)ii) I got 4*South and 208*West
Im pretty sure it said 'the shortest distance' so u had to minus 360 by the degree difference u got and than put it in the formula and answer i gt was something like 10,000 km range. for b2) im nt sure shouldnt it be 28 E....

Weezle

HSC
Uni Grad
I got A as the income at the breakeven point is $0. And the income at the 500 people attending point is the income minus the cost which would be $15000. Thus the difference in income is $15000. Or did I interpret the question incorrectly?
nah mate. the break-even point is where the two lines intersected, which was at the $20000 mark. the income of 500 guests was $50000,
therefore, 50000-20000 = $30000. not 15000. lol.

crimson_delight

HSC
It was an easy paper, though ill probably get something like a 70. I really dont care about maths, im glad im done with it for the rest of my life. Though, if i studied a bit and put an effort in it, i wouldve got a 90 for sure. People that knew what they were doing wouldve smashed this paper.
This is exactly how I felt! :) For someone who didn't study that much, I found it surprisingly easy, which I suppose will bring down my mark because I'm expecting a mark of between 75-80, and if everyone else does well, I'll be scaled down badly. Funfunfun. Oh well. At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of exams, and really, compared to everything else you have in your life, and what you're gonna have, the HSC is really nothing. There are so many more exciting and fascinating things in life, in one's future, and a whole year of our life is wasted away to what'll be a few numbers on a piece of paper when we get our results back. :)

Bored as brew

HSC
This is exactly how I felt! :) For someone who didn't study that much, I found it surprisingly easy, which I suppose will bring down my mark because I'm expecting a mark of between 75-80, and if everyone else does well, I'll be scaled down badly. Funfunfun. Oh well. At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of exams, and really, compared to everything else you have in your life, and what you're gonna have, the HSC is really nothing. There are so many more exciting and fascinating things in life, in one's future, and a whole year of our life is wasted away to what'll be a few numbers on a piece of paper when we get our results back. :)
motherfucking oath

lil_pembo

HSC
yeah, you did, but dont worry, I got 15 000 too. The question asked for the income not the difference in cost and income. break even point income = 20000. income with 500 guests = 50000. difference =30000 therefore c.

ayesharivera

HSC
THAT WOZ THA EAZIEST TEST EVA! I didn't even study and i'm suure i got loik +90% !!!! LOL at the question about the kookaburraz feet! That made me ROFL so hard. And mega LOL at that dumb question about the mobile phones!!! Who owns a Pre-paid dese dayz!!! The HSC question writers should be comedians! rofllamolololroflcopter !!!

arghnotes

HSC
Question 19 from multiple choice was hard to comprehend considering the possible answers provided. The question asked us to calculate the total pay a mechanic receives when he works 40 hours @ $22.35/hour, plus a special allowance of 150/week and double time for 'emergency hours'. However, it states that he only receives the double time when he works for a minimum of 4 hours. It states that he works for 5 hours on one emergency occasion and 1.5 on another thus the double time on 1.5 would not be counted,Thus, many people were getting the answer '1267.5' however it was not provided in the options. I would like to know how people found the real answer
It states that he gets paid for 4 hours minimum. So even if he only worked the 1.5 hours I still calculated it as 4 and got the answer d

arghnotes

HSC
With the width of the window one, i did the measurement of left to right if you were looking at it front on? But im starting to notice that this is wrong? How can you assume that the width means the measurement of its depth from looking above? Can't width be either?
Yeah I was confused about if they were asking for length or width..but I put 240mm because that is the width of the wall and technically the width of the window.

ssylva

HSC
good exam! first time i finished with 15 minutes to spare. however im really worried about the 4 markers on annuities/ financial maths... i dont think its common to have TWO four markers on that.
btw what did you guys get for the josephine/emma question? which one was better? (i forgot the exact wording of the question)

Jacko32

HSC
N/A
1.c
2.c
3.c
4.c
5.c
6.c
7.c
8.c
9.c
10.c
11.c
12.c
13.c
14.c
15.c
16.c
17.c
18.c
19.c
20.c
21.c
22.c

miss_forgettful

HSC
btw what did you guys get for the josephine/emma question? which one was better? (i forgot the exact wording of the question)
I wrote that the Josephine one was better. If only I had a clear mind and wasn't so nervous, I would have done well... >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)