HSC students' maths paper 'cruel and difficult' (SMH) (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Lol people from bos mentioned in smh article

It would be awkward when someone read it and thought it was the actual Tae Yang haha.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC

haha mad shit. live in the same town as timting

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad

Damn I should have said something poetic, dramatic and inspirational and I could have been featured in the article xD

It made me feel better though :)

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Although I have pretty big disdain for those whining about the english paper (imo the paper was entirely fair) the Ext 1 Maths paper this year was more difficult than usual, not because of the presence of questions difficult to get your head around, but because a lot of the questions required working disproportionate to the marks given.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Sample question
A game is played by throwing darts at a target. A player can choose to throw two or three darts.
Darcy plays two games. In Game 1, he chooses to throw two darts, and wins if he hits the target at least once. In Game 2, he chooses to throw three darts, and wins if he hits the target at least twice.
The probability that Darcy hits the target on any throw is p, where 0 < p < 1.
(i) Show that the probability that Darcy wins Game 1 is 2p - p[squared].
(ii) Show that the probaility that Darcy wins Game 2 is 3p[squared] - 2p[cubed].
(iii) Prove that Darcy is more likely to win Game 1 than Game 2.
(iv) Find the value of p for which Darcy is twice as likely to wine Game 1 as he is to win Game 2.

haha, they're trying to scare the public by a scary looking problem, but infact, i thought it was the easiest haha xD
they should've put in the binomials one rofl

math man

HSC
N/A
article made me lol hard...i looked at the paper and did it in less than an hour...i believe the paper was of moderate difficulty i reckon 2006 was still harder, but yeh major lol

Dylanamali

HSC
LOL - the paper was NOT unbelievable difficult - and I doubt the majority of students will barely pass (50%).
But yes I do agree with mirakon, the working out for 1 markers was way too excessive.

2011_

HSC

They're watching us :spzz:

Do they need to ask permission to take content from the site?
I would also like the answer to this - can they use my posts without prior permission?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

I would also like the answer to this - can they use my posts without prior permission?
why not?

This is a public forum after all.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
lol at guys who got quoted in the paper ahahhahaa well done

Galladrim

HSC

All I'm going to say is look at Facebook - And learn from the mistakes of other on it.

Don't want something recorded? Don't post it. Simple rule.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

(1) A fair dealing with a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, or with an adaptation of a literary, dramatic or musical work, does not constitute an infringement of the copyright in the work if:

(a) it is for the purpose of, or is associated with, the reporting of news in a newspaper, magazine or similar periodical and a sufficient acknowledgement of the work is made; or

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
So funny that they quoted of BOS members.
I didn't think they would put "Holy shit" in the paper. Hahaha.

Although I have pretty big disdain for those whining about the english paper (imo the paper was entirely fair) the Ext 1 Maths paper this year was more difficult than usual, not because of the presence of questions difficult to get your head around, but because a lot of the questions required working disproportionate to the marks given.
Like the fucking parabola-y one... I died. :/

haha, they're trying to scare the public by a scary looking problem, but infact, i thought it was the easiest haha xD
Yeah,, I think I got like one mark off for that. :/

they should've put in the binomials one rofl
My friend got all of that out, and I beat him by 6 marks in the trial. So disappoint... Shit test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)