General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

maryjill

HSC
yippe! I said that also... how skin temp is different to the internal temp and they were in a cage... so no movement, and therefor less body heat... and also the fact that they were all in the shade...
shizz that's why I should have done maths- the whole average thing, that was a good one!

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
For the fossil record question, I said it was C (the fossil record shows that there are short periods of rapid change in fossil forms).
I figured that since fossils were often found in layers respective to their timelines, some layers would have similar fossils, whilst others would show the rapid change.

RawrJohnT

HSC
For that question I talked about how:
-They hadn't included the ambient temperature in their data thus they could not hypothesise any conclusions referencing this relationship.
-The lizards were relatively immobilised in their cages and wouldn't be able to generate heat by movement.
-Although the study was repeated it wasn't tested in a range of environments so it cannot be conclusive.
I also said that the cages prevented them from doing things such as moving in and out of the shade.. is this right?

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Proteins - Salts im pretty sure. Because i've heard plasma proteins, carry salt ions - thats what i choose anyway. But man, that was harder than the hardest trial independent Physics test i've ever done.

How many 7/8 markers do they want to induce. I practical bullshitted the understanding of Biology and implications for society.
Wrong. sorry. Lipoproteins. therefore lipids.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
My bio teacher said that the answer was 'cytotoxic T cells' except she didn't see the paper, we just told her what we roughly remembered about the question.

Tasha270494

HSC
The answer is A... The fossil record only supports the theory of punctuated equilibrium because there are GAPS. Therefore, it HAS to be A. :)
I put A too but the other option seems kinda correct too.

Dylanamali

HSC
I'm very confident with my MC answers:

1. B
2. C
3. B
4. C
5. B
6. D
7. B
8. D
9. C
10. D
11. A
12. B
13. A
14. B
15. B
16. A
17. D
18. A
19. A
20. C

Feel free to comment =)

hotmess

HSC
For the fossil record question, I said it was C (the fossil record shows that there are short periods of rapid change in fossil forms).
I figured that since fossils were often found in layers respective to their timelines, some layers would have similar fossils, whilst others would show the rapid change.
yeah cos answer A, which I thought initially, didn't actually support the theory of punctuated equilibrium, the gaps can't support it because there's nothing there! Therefore no support... right?

damo_g

HSC
I also said C. But i can understand answer A as well. Punctuated equilibrium explains how the fossil record shows a species suddenly disappearing and being replaced by a different, but similar, species. So the fact that the record is 'incomplete' could support it but still don't quite get it.

Nick_V

HSC
For the fossil record statement, C is the best possible answer.

Also, communication was much easier than it was in past papers.

Last edited:

hotmess

HSC

1. B
2. C
3. B
4. C
5. B
6. D
7. B
8. D
9. C
10. D
11. A
12. B
13. A
14. B
15. B
16. A
17. D
18. A
19. A
20. C

Feel free to comment =)
mate!!! 19/20 the same as you... for 16 though I said C because I thought it was B cells that interact with antigens?

oisac

HSC
i think it was much harder than past papers and require a lot more knowledge of specifics and a lot more extrapolation.
Skin stem cells = artificial blood?
Mutations of fungus = health not blueprint (which was the mutation of bacteria)?
multi choice was the worst i had ever done. I usually get 20/20 and this time around i might be lucky to get 14. :/
ahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahah, unluky son!

1981Grant

HSC
The answer is A... The fossil record only supports the theory of punctuated equilibrium because there are GAPS. Therefore, it HAS to be A. :)
errm no. Punctuated equilibrium is defined that evolution occurs over short spaces of time rather than the gradual evolution that has been suggested. Why would having gaps in the fossil record have anything to do with it.

Nick_V

HSC

1. B
2. C
3. B
4. C
5. B
6. D
7. B
8. D
9. C
10. D
11. A
12. B
13. A
14. B
15. B
16. A
17. D
18. A
19. A
20. C

Feel free to comment =)
This is 100% correct.

Dylanamali

HSC
mate!!! 19/20 the same as you... for 16 though I said C because I thought it was B cells that interact with antigens?
Ahh active B cells produce antibodies that react with antigens - for A it says T cells interact with antigens presented by macrophages, this is true, as the T cells detect the marker molecule MHCII present on the antigens, in order to create helper t cells which then secrete interleukin II.
In c it says plasma cells produce chemicals that cause T cells to multiply that's definitely not true.
But yeah I was unsure about it to begin with.. but ended up using process of elimination. I think I'm correct, but I can never be 100% sure.
It's nice to know you got similar answers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)