General Thoughts: Economics (1 Viewer)

Aindan

HSC
I found the exam easy - the first choice of essay questions were gifts, but the second one was pretty difficult.

Bobbo1

HSC
so did everyone find it easier or harder than last year?

silence--

HSC
mc was harder but on the whole easier imo.

also im hoping for:

MC: 19
short answer: ~36-37
essays: ~17 (maybe higher)
for a raw of around ~90. idk...

friend177

HSC
MC = 13/20 (FUCK THIS)
SHort Answers: 36/40
Fiscal: 17/20
Exchange: 19/20

85% FUCK MULTIPLE CHOICE.......

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
so did everyone find it easier or harder than last year?
Harder overall, the essay questions were easier but only make up 40% of the exam and you can only lose so many marks with any question if you know your content...

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
MC: 17 confirmed....
Short Answer: 35 finger-crossed 37
extended response: pray to god one at least 30 added up
somewhere 80 i will be pleased.....

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
MC: 17 confirmed....
Short Answer: 35 finger-crossed 37
extended response: pray to god one at least 30 added up
somewhere 80 i will be pleased.....
So happy, now I have 18/20 for MC considering that the answer to 17 was D and not C :D

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
So happy, now I have 18/20 for MC considering that the answer to 17 was D and not C :D
i pray to god my extended response will get at least 30, my school usually mark essay harder than hsc standard and i usually get 15/20, i hope this will do something good....I REALLY EFFING want a band 6 in ecos, its one my most loved subject. garh!!

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
i pray to god my extended response will get at least 30, my school usually mark essay harder than hsc standard and i usually get 15/20, i hope this will do something good....I REALLY EFFING want a band 6 in ecos, its one my most loved subject. garh!!
My teacher is a very tough marker, she told me not to worry about my short answers just before our exam today (usually get 30-31/40), because she has marked us harder than we will be in today's papers.

cloudstr1f3r

HSC
Ok lads, I will need some of your opinion here....

Q28: Discuss the impact of changes in the domestic and global economy on Australia's exchange rate.....

But when I was in the exam, I got stressed and got a bit retarded and argued backwards... about the effects of an appreciation of the dollar and depreciation of the dollar ON the Australian economy (Which totally isn't the question lol), I discussed effects like higher real income, CAD, BGS, External stability, inflation and international competitiveness and have discussed in correlation to those outcomes on the effects of the changes in domestic and global economies and how it affected Australia's exchange rate to appreciate....

Then I raised examples in the effects of the fluctuations of Australia's exchange rates with the demand for Australia's exports are basically inelastic in its nature, but vice versa the appreciation nature of the AUD would increase real income, and thus, imports would increase since Australia does not have a comparative advantage in producing secondary products.....

But this means I've structured my essay another way round, instead of talking directly about domestic and global economy changes on the AUD, I talked about yes, this state of the AUD appreciation and worth 1.0688 rather than 0.9800 to the USD 18 days ago.... that this would cause this and that and that, and ceteris paribus, a depreciation would bring the opposite effects.... then I did mention about the global and domestic changes and how it have influenced those OUTCOMES, to be in the appreciation manner... but of course, I have misread the question and centered my argument in a different way.... This I completely agree and blame myself for...

Do you guys think that I would still be able to scrape perhaps at least a 10/20 and at max a 12...? Some advice would be helpful, because I'm currently trying to predict my raw mark.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
Ok lads, I will need some of your opinion here....

Q28: Discuss the impact of changes in the domestic and global economy on Australia's exchange rate.....

But when I was in the exam, I got stressed and got a bit retarded and argued backwards... about the effects of an appreciation of the dollar and depreciation of the dollar ON the Australian economy (Which totally isn't the question lol), I discussed effects like higher real income, CAD, BGS, External stability, inflation and international competitiveness and have discussed in correlation to those outcomes on the effects of the changes in domestic and global economies and how it affected Australia's exchange rate to appreciate....

Then I raised examples in the effects of the fluctuations of Australia's exchange rates with the demand for Australia's exports are basically inelastic in its nature, but vice versa the appreciation nature of the AUD would increase real income, and thus, imports would increase since Australia does not have a comparative advantage in producing secondary products.....

But this means I've structured my essay another way round, instead of talking directly about domestic and global economy changes on the AUD, I talked about yes, this state of the AUD appreciation and worth 1.0688 rather than 0.9800 to the USD 18 days ago.... that this would cause this and that and that, and ceteris paribus, a depreciation would bring the opposite effects.... then I did mention about the global and domestic changes and how it have influenced those OUTCOMES, to be in the appreciation manner... but of course, I have misread the question and centered my argument in a different way.... This I completely agree and blame myself for...

Do you guys think that I would still be able to scrape perhaps at least a 10/20 and at max a 12...? Some advice would be helpful, because I'm currently trying to predict my raw mark.
If it's a good essay, maybe a 12/20...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)