physics/Chem final prep (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Sometimes they write a bloody essay for a 6 marker...-_-
As you should do.
For 6-8 markers I can write up to 6 pages.

Tbh to get 75 you probably have to fail. I'd say around 45%

apollo1

Banned
HSC
As you should do.

i think i should be able to get that. hopefully if i can score enough on the calculations and get lucky on multiple choice. then i can make up for the other longer response questions im going to screw up.

jamesfirst

HSC
i think i should be able to get that. hopefully if i can score enough on the calculations and get lucky on multiple choice. then i can make up for the other longer response questions im going to screw up.
Do the M/C last.

Atarer

HSC
As you should do.

nah but the more you write the more mistakes they can pick up. so its wise just to write 1 page and be concise

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
nah but the more you write the more mistakes they can pick up. so its wise just to write 1 page and be concise
But I don't make mistakes and it's actually more difficult because they have to read thoroughly through a lot more text.

Do MC first. It helps me relax into the exam and you won't forget to do it at the end.

roryclifford

HSC
As you should do.

Umm 6 pages? Are you insane?

Haha they mark on the right answer, its got nothing to do with length. 8 Markers have a set criteria, match the criteria you get the marks.

Don't waste time writing 6 PAGES, wowee

abc123yoyo

HSC
some of you guys r offering terrible advice you should do your topic or multiple choice first they will trick u up when ur at a panic near the end (well thats what happens to me anyway) and 6 pages is too long for a 6-8 marker the marking criteria says "CONCISE, logical and coherent" i highly doubt you can write 6 pages without repeating urself somewhere n it wastes time better used for double checking that being said i havent started studying chem aiming to get 80 raw r the cssa trials generally harder then the HSC?

K

khorne

Umm, srs guys chill. I did physics last year hahaha, hardly any practice beforehand, it's just exam technique.

Reading time: sesh the paper, get a feel. First 10 min of writing go through the whole exam and write dot points next to long answer ones. Seriously, this will help so much. Idc if it takes 15-20 min (it shouldn't), but the plan is a must. Later on, you will know exactly what to write. After this first 20 or so minutes of planning, the exam is over for me basically. Do the MC then, they should be easy, mark anything you are unsure of. Then go through and write to your plan. If you think of something, add it in, otherwise, just write.

I finished last years paper in like...1.5 hours for phys, plenty of time to go over it.

The planning stage is because: it is easier to get long response right the first time, then to go over, cross out/change things. So you can consider this planning time as like..reviewing time instead. It's the same. After long response, go back and fix up any MC qs, and any graphs or diagrams which may need modifying etc. Do them legit, in ruler and pencil...make it nice.

abc123yoyo

HSC
Umm, srs guys chill. I did physics last year hahaha, hardly any practice beforehand, it's just exam technique.

Reading time: sesh the paper, get a feel. First 10 min of writing go through the whole exam and write dot points next to long answer ones. Seriously, this will help so much. Idc if it takes 15-20 min (it shouldn't), but the plan is a must. Later on, you will know exactly what to write. After this first 20 or so minutes of planning, the exam is over for me basically. Do the MC then, they should be easy, mark anything you are unsure of. Then go through and write to your plan. If you think of something, add it in, otherwise, just write.

I finished last years paper in like...1.5 hours for phys, plenty of time to go over it.

The planning stage is because: it is easier to get long response right the first time, then to go over, cross out/change things. So you can consider this planning time as like..reviewing time instead. It's the same. After long response, go back and fix up any MC qs, and any graphs or diagrams which may need modifying etc. Do them legit, in ruler and pencil...make it nice.
Thats what i tried with my trials i got 30% less then my normal mark :3

mirakon

nigga
HSC
fuck i am screwed for chem. my worst subject by far

Atarer

HSC
Just wondering, why does chem scale better than phys? I find phys a bit more challenging even though im doing better in physics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)