making up stats, cases, media in legal essay? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
People will always do what they feel is best for them, that's their choice. However in my opinion, your results don't really reflect your efforts.

igootuwantboi

HSC
This. You guys won't last 10 seconds at uni.
good for you mate if you want to discuss making up stats, cases, media in a legal essay AT UNI I suggest you head on over to the tertiary ed forums, because here no one really cares your opinion

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
enoilgam - I'm surprised that you cheated in Legal. Not exactly selling Notre Dame, are we? [I'm not even going into the fact that someone had to cheat to get into Notre Dame.]

As for every other wannabe cheater - just keep posting away so the BOS, and possibly the media, can read this. Nothing better than just advertising your intentions to the world. You guys should know that the BOS and the media (SMH especially) sweep BoS come HSC time every year.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Fabricating your own sources of information to fit your argument rather than seeking it out and learning whether it actually does support what you're trying to say is better... yeah, sorry, i can't buy into it. You can justify it any way you want, it's still down right lazy.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can try rationalise and justify it all you want, at the end of the day you are still nothing more than a dishonest cheat.

The time I would have spent wasting searching for cases I spent doing practice essays and learning my notes which was much more effective and efficent use of my time.
And that's the problem. You gained an unfair advantage over those who did do the right thing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Many people cheat during the HSC. How many people use memorised essays in english which they have gotten "help" from their tutors or how many use a short story which they "borrowed" from another source. With legal, faking cases is extremely common. Its something which many people do but few admit to.

But just because I cheated with cases doesnt mean that I didnt put effort into legal. The time I would have spent wasting searching for cases I spent doing practice essays and learning my notes which was much more effective and efficent use of my time.
"I cheated because other people cheated" is a pathetic excuse to try and justify what you did (or are currently doing). "I'm doing it because she did it first" is something you expect to hear in kindergarten, not first year university.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Hahah wow, lay off him you losers, it is not cheating, if you use it to back up the theory which you "know" then it is fine. Get over it.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Use fabricated evidence to justify a theory. Yup.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
I used a tonne of cases in my crime essay for my trial. My teacher didn't believe they were all legit, so she researched them. Luckily they were all legitimate cases (cause I studied a.l.o.t), but it shows that they will check - especially if you integrate heaps.

gunat61

HSC
Hahah wow, lay off him you losers, it is not cheating, if you use it to back up the theory which you "know" then it is fine. Get over it.
Yeah .. I wouldn't necessarily call it cheating even though it's unethical (when you get rewarded for it and others don't). It's just like making up BS when you can't answer a question in any exam/aren't prepared.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Use fabricated evidence to justify a theory. Yup.
So in my 1000 essay i happen to fake one atricle and say, this is evidenced within SMH Article yada yada yada.

That happens to make me the biggest f**king cheater ever OMFG watchout.

Wake up mate, u mad?

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Also, if you look at the marking guideline from previous years for legal studies, you will notice in the "weaker responses" section that they state those with lower marks tend to fabricate cases and legislation. These HSC markers have probably seen it all, don't deprive yourself of marks.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
I used a tonne of cases in my crime essay for my trial. My teacher didn't believe they were all legit, so she researched them. Luckily they were all legitimate cases (cause I studied a.l.o.t), but it shows that they will check - especially if you integrate heaps.
Your teacher is not a HSC marker marking hundreds of scripts within a specified time frame under pressure, u think they have time for that?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I'm not your mate. I never said once that it makes you a cheater. I said it's incredibly lazy and it does not follow to use false evidence to back up a theory. There's a difference between making something up on the spot in the exam and actively choosing beforehand to fabricate almost all of your evidence because you had poor time management skills and believed it would get you better marks.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Your teacher is not a HSC marker marking hundreds of scripts within a specified time frame under pressure, u think they have time for that?
Um...I'm aware...just saying legal markers OR teachers will have an understanding of real vs fake cases. They might not pick up everything, true, but you can't guarantee they will just assume it's correct because you wrote it down.
P.s. Why is everyone so hostile on this thread?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Because people don't like being told they are lazy, it's nothing personal, it's just my opinion on their practices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)