General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
Well, I thought the exam went great - I'll be disappointed if I don't get band 6 from that!

MarzEz

HSC
I'm pretty sure my ATAR would be horrible if I hadn't chosen 13 units.
After that exam, I no longer regret not dropping German in year 11.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
GUYS HELP ME PLEASE!!! I was supposed to do the forensics topic but the last two pages of my exam were stuck together, I automatically assumed that the "chemistry of art" was part of forensics as it seemed to contain specific words related to forensics!!! Will I have a chance of Resitting the Forensics Topic if I ring bored of studies up????
nope you can't resit
ring up your school right now and tell your principal/whoever liaisons between your school and board of studies
immediately.

shugadaddy

HSC
GUYS HELP ME PLEASE!!! I was supposed to do the forensics topic but the last two pages of my exam were stuck together, I automatically assumed that the "chemistry of art" was part of forensics as it seemed to contain specific words related to forensics!!! Will I have a chance of Resitting the Forensics Topic if I ring bored of studies up????
I dont think so, they will tell you that you should have READ the questions.

Midori-Days

HSC
1st question of industrial chem....
it's as if the i didnt even get taught it...3 marks gone!

Ivy Mike

HSC
1st question of industrial chem....
it's as if the i didnt even get taught it...3 marks gone!
That was absolute BS. I'm 100% sure I've never learnt that, nor could I link it to anything I have learnt in class.

I guessed that X was H2SO4 (My teacher told me it was conc. H2SO4), but apart from that I can kiss those two sweet marks good bye.

Tasha270494

HSC
did anyone get the "why is it that a strong base and strong acid always produce -57Kj/mol when neutralised?"

KGZ9

HSC
Re: Chem How HARD!!

this worries me for the physics test on friday

crfrider

HSC
any ideas on what raw mark will get a band 5?
industrial chemistry section was ridiculous

muzeikchun852

HSC
did anyone get the "why is it that a strong base and strong acid always produce -57Kj/mol when neutralised?"
I don't know but I think it's because of the reaction of hydrogen ions and hydroxide ions.

HSC
Uni Grad
I thought it was pretty easy. I managed to answer everything well except for the 7 marker shipwrecks question.

I completely forgot those sulfate reducing bacteria equations, spent like 7 minutes trying to work them out (I knew HS- was a product for one of them) but I gave up and just wrote the actual rusting equations, talked about changing solubility of gases at lower temperature and higher pressure, how the statement talks about how only that was taken into account and didn't account for the sulfate reducing bacteria at depth, related it to my two shipwrecks then made a final evaluation of the statement. Hopefully that will net me 3-4 marks

muzeikchun852

HSC
I think it's an easy exam compare with last year, because I think there are less theoretical questions and more skill applied questions. this exam would be really hard for people who just learnt off information.

slavdaddy

HSC
Good exam, ~90. Forensics was easy. So happy to
Do well after the 2 hours of buttfuckage that was MX1.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
exothermic reaction
Well obviously lol, but why do they always produce that specific amount when neutralised?

I think it's an easy exam compare with last year, because I think there are less theoretical questions and more skill applied questions. this exam would be really hard for people who just learnt off information.
Yeah, a lot of people struggle with chem calculations and the like so i think that might actually pull the cut off down a little/keep it the same as previous years.

Atarer

HSC
woot chem is done!

so relieved. was an alright test, i did pretty well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)