General Thoughts: Australian History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find the exam? Share you thoughts here

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Pretty easy, long responses were my strengths, short answers were alright.

zombies

HSC
Didn't study but found it relatively ok. Multiple choice was easy, and I bsed my way through the extended responses. I kinda surprised myself with how much I knew on the history communist question though. Would be happy with a mark in the 70s.. I think I did well enough for that.

Laeth01

HSC
Loved it!, probably one of the best exams i've done for history in a while
although i felt like i had my blushes been saved that the UN question was a short one, i knew somethings but surely not enough to fill out and ER. hoping for a 45 out of 50 at least. :eek:

What things/policies did you guys mention for the extended response?

+++++++, time to bludgeee for the rest of the year :D:D:D

HSC
Thought it was CRAP. :( Didn't do much on the 1970s boat people/ I didn't listen and basically bsed it all. Doubt I'll get more than 2 for that question ... Also wtf-ed at the UN question. T__T

Hoping to get a band 5 for this. But on another note, NO MORE HISTORY OR GEOGRAPHY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

Lina3

HSC
I looked up women's suffrage last night, just in case...that was lucky :p
The Geo was a bit harder I reckon...I stuffed up the advantages of links question since I didn't read it proplerly and was blabbing on about the wars Australia was involved in until I realized my mistake, by then I only had two lines left so I ended up writing a measly two sentences about what I was actually supposed to talk about -_- ohh and also lost a mark because I didn't know what I trig station was...
However I am proud of myself for writing the entire amount of lines available for EVERY question including the extended response. Hoping 80%-95% for both exams.

Laeth01

HSC
Thought it was CRAP. :( Didn't do much on the 1970s boat people/ I didn't listen and basically bsed it all. Doubt I'll get more than 2 for that question ... Also wtf-ed at the UN question. T__T

Hoping to get a band 5 for this. But on another note, NO MORE HISTORY OR GEOGRAPHY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

I wrote about the indo-chineese people after they lost the communism and the unfair dictation test and all...

with you on that UN question although i expect least a 4?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

HAHAHAHAH !
yeah i know right !
I was like UN hmm .. peacekeeping ..

my geography was complete bullshit though, since i didn't study for it at ALL.

BUT YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !
AUST HIST + GEO GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEE !

Lina3

HSC
HAHAHAHAH !
yeah i know right !
I was like UN hmm .. peacekeeping ..

my geography was complete bullshit though, since i didn't study for it at ALL.

BUT YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !
AUST HIST + GEO GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEE !
Haha ooh yeh and I forgot about that UN question... wrote some bs about aid and how it helps our relationship with our Asian neighbors (?)... my hope of getting 80 or above is slowly diminishing with the realization of how much bs I really wrote

leesh95

HSC
Did someone do waste management in the last part of geography? And if so what did u write?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Haha ooh yeh and I forgot about that UN question... wrote some bs about aid and how it helps our relationship with our Asian neighbors (?)... my hope of getting 80 or above is slowly diminishing with the realization of how much bs I really wrote
For geography i was always aiming for a band 4.
I knew i was going to BS my way through.

knxd

HSC
Last history + Geo exam!! Such a liberating feeling!

Lina3

HSC
Ooh did anyone notice there was a weird mistake...in the question about where the greatest amount of migrants came from in 1971, in the table UK was the largest number (was like..40%) yet it wasn't an option...idk did I read the question wrong or something??

onedirection

HSC
Ooh did anyone notice there was a weird mistake...in the question about where the greatest amount of migrants came from in 1971, in the table UK was the largest number (was like..40%) yet it wasn't an option...idk did I read the question wrong or something??
It said "out of the following", not refer to the table... i think!

Lina3

HSC
It said "out of the following", not refer to the table... i think!
I am pretty sure it said neither, I looked for that but it was just like "Which of country had the greatest number of migrants in 1971?" or something along those lines...

onedirection

HSC
It didn't say out of the following, i just answered the highest out of them because i was so confused.
Really? i'm sure it mentioned something about choosing the options below (which was the a, b, c, d) because i also got confused and i re-read the question and yeah...
maybe i'm just getting mixed up with all the exams or i've gone insane :D

zombies

HSC
Really? i'm sure it mentioned something about choosing the options below (which was the a, b, c, d) because i also got confused and i re-read the question and yeah...
maybe i'm just getting mixed up with all the exams or i've gone insane :D
onedirection is definitely right, it was out of the following options. not the highest. you guys need to learn how to read =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)