How much does it matter if you get second in your course? (1 Viewer)

Flamethrower

HSC
Meh no point worrying... fate is sealed................just think about playing with bananas

ReneeApple

HSC
So, say the lower people in the class stretch out the relative difference. would this still be the case if the lower people in the class were already very far away from first originally?

connie94

HSC
man, this makes coming second look really painful. is the only way to success being first in every class?!?! damn.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
man, this makes coming second look really painful. is the only way to success being first in every class?!?! damn.
It's not as demoralising as it looks...

By the way, are you who I think you are...?

ReneeApple

HSC
Haha! Sorry! I don't think second is terrible by any means, I was just wondering how a weak cohort would affect the second rank. I don't think it should make that much of a difference.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Outliers are those who for good or bad differ markedly from the gaps sent in by the school - so the schools sends in 1st 5 marks ahead of 2nd but ends up 30 marks ahead then that would also become an outlier (as I understand it). If the school sent 1st and 2nd in 1 mark apart but 30 marks ahead of the rest and the exam also reflects that gap then they aren't outliers.

ReneeApple

HSC
Outliers are those who for good or bad differ markedly from the gaps sent in by the school - so the schools sends in 1st 5 marks ahead of 2nd but ends up 30 marks ahead then that would also become an outlier (as I understand it). If the school sent 1st and 2nd in 1 mark apart but 30 marks ahead of the rest and the exam also reflects that gap then they aren't outliers.

Makes sense. Thanks :)

Galladrim

HSC
This discussion is making more and more annoyed at the fact I just came second in ancient. Like just. Could not have been closer without being equal.

ReneeApple

HSC
This discussion is making more and more annoyed at the fact I just came second in ancient. Like just. Could not have been closer without being equal.

Ditto with bio :(

And I was first all year until a stupid assessment task set AFTER the trials. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)