• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Funny you should mention that....They don't have my size. No 2XL Shirts and they only sent us about 4 XL Shirts. So I can't wear one! :)
Perfect. Even if they did fit you, if 'you' don't feel comfortable in it, just say so. They can't force you to wear something you're not 'comfortable' in.
Also, it's not even on the preferred dress policy so I doubt they can even make you wear it at all.

I've never worn any of them, ever.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
are you part of the union?
I was apart of the SDA fora year and a half but I quit because they're useless and money sucking tards. I didn't even bother telling the SDA, I just walked up to my head office cashier and said "Cut off payment to the SDA please, thanks". lol - Almost eight dollars a week for what? nothing.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
God the SDA is a waste

I quit it after a few months, And after a year later I tell them to stop sending me mail and they started to charge me again.

Needless to say I quit again, those blood sucking verems.

It is the biggest waste of money, especially since I am16 and get paid half the normal rates the fees take more than half of what I get

BSammy

HSC
Is it really a waste of money seeing as the fees can be claimed back at tax time?

Re my blog post, my reigonal HR person will be in contact with me again. I hope I'm not at a loss without my EBA clauses at hand when she does.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Re my blog post, my reigonal HR person will be in contact with me again. I hope I'm not at a loss without my EBA clauses at hand when she does.
Perhaps just store it as a note on your phone or something? If you have an ancient phone, save it as a draft message :p

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Is it really a waste of money seeing as the fees can be claimed back at tax time?

Yes, i earn as a casual $100 a week = $5k a year. This means i don't earn enough to pay tax

For full time it isn't, but for people like me yes

nanakid12

HSC
Anyone else's store get a delivery of everyday reward shirts and caps? We did but we only got three of each, and a bunch of posters. I still have my cap from two and a half years ago when qantas and edr first partnered, so I'll just wear that =)

Also, tomorrow marks three years at woolies - wooooo ;)

BSammy

HSC
What state are you in? I just looked at the EBA and it seems SSA's fit within the grade 2 category in all states (except SA/NT). I hope you are right though! Some epic back-pay would be very nice :)
It seems in VIC the closest to SSA in the agreement is Clerk. Which comes under grade 4. So I'm apparently getting that rate when I'm doing Payroll relief, Systems relief, pick ups of a night, and tickets on wednesday mornings. It looks like the rest of the SSAs have recently changed to that payrate for that position, but i'm guessing it's just for VIC.

That is at least what i've gathered. Will let you know when it is processed, so anyone else in vic might get it too. ?

I received a reply on the blog saying my HR will get in contact with me, so that will probably happen monday or onwards.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Oh if SSA = office clerk, then I can weigh in here too.
One of the younger office clerks in my store (17) has been getting underpaid at normal wage. She was following it up so I'm not sure how that went.

britto89

HSC
Hey All. I go away for a few weeks with limited internet and come back to find the forum has exploded. I have been working on setup in a new "2015 Market" format store for the last few weeks. They really have some great new bits of kit such as scales on the smokeshop register (for fruit/veg returns due to the "freshness replace store manager thingo") but it is also handy for fixing up issues where operators put produce through as the wrong thing.

The liquor store also has proper neck tags as well as cool new wine racks for select expensive bottles. The perishables department has sliding doors on the fridges as well as a CO2 powered freezer system and the new format autobalers include a plastic baler.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: SDA I was loathe to be a member of them (given their totally innapropriate stance on same sex marriage) but I do think it's important to be a member of the union, they came through big time for a few staff members at my store who were getting harassed by the store manager.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Re: SDA I was loathe to be a member of them (given their totally innapropriate stance on same sex marriage) but I do think it's important to be a member of the union, they came through big time for a few staff members at my store who were getting harassed by the store manager.
Totally agree for those same reasons.
These are being installed around the store for Project Phoenix I assume.

spilla2003

HSC

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
You never had those before? They're just the RF gun repeaters, there should be about 4-6 sets of them in your store (bigger stores will need more obviously).
Yeah I know that, all stored have them (and so did we), but more are/becoming installed. A major aspect of Phoenix is to greatly increase RF reception and I guess for cordless reception too.

bensneddon

HSC
Yeah I know that, all stored have them (and so did we), but more are/becoming installed. A major aspect of Phoenix is to greatly increase RF reception and I guess for cordless reception too.
Phoenix was the Invoice/Systems restructure to SSO/SSA

This integrated comms project is Evolution

Gotta love non-descriptive project names ;-)

nanakid12

HSC
Totally agree for those same reasons.
These are being installed around the store for Project Phoenix I assume.

Holy yes! I saw them in our lunchroom the other day, and above the service desk thinking... the fck?? I thought they were antennas for something... but then I thought how could they be, there's no router/box near them.

Oh well. Like all things, I'll just roll with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)