The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
I am lucky my service manager has heaps of experience. I sat and watched her do the Christmas rosters and what took her 4 hours would of probably taken me 4 weeks haha
Doing rosters is easy once you do it a few times :)

Jolyon

HSC
Doing rosters is easy once you do it a few times :)
Oh I know how to do it, just with the whole estimations and looking at what we made last Christmas and looking at how you will organise breaks and hoppers and wages and with our store we looked at the busiest periods of each day of that week from last year and organised around that. Did my head in lol

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I recently received a declination email within one day from the Woolworths in Penrith as a Service Cashier (I thought most of the people applying would be high school dropkicks, considering the area is Penrith - Yes I'm generalising), and have decided to apply for the local Woolworths instead at Norwest Circa. Positions recently opened yesterday according to the wowcareers database, and it would be a dream come true if I got the job, since it's close to home. If I don't hear from them within a couple of days, would it be a wise idea to visit the store and speak to the store manager about it? E.g. "Hi there, I was wondering if Norwest Circa has considered my application for an interview, since I haven't received an acceptance or declination email/phone call yet". My Mum tells me that it shows you're keen (it has worked for her in the past with childcare, albeit two completely different industries), but I'm not entirely sure... Coles didn't even reply for a whole year, so I just want to take quick action asap. Cheers.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Heya. No point in going in store and speaking to the store manager as the stores have no involvement with the recruitment process until HR gives them a list of candiates that have passed the group interview.
HR does the initial recruitment and the group interview, after that, you will have an interview with the store and they decide if you get the job or not.

Give it a few days. If you applied right after the posting of the job then you have even more of a chance (I personally believe it's like a "first in best dressed" thing).

Good luck!

BSammy

HSC
Well, got the pay from article 1 of my manifesto paid, the leave loading. Sad I had to go to the head of HR for it. Haven't actually heard about the rest, but My e-payslip confirms it.

britto89

HSC
Totally agree for those same reasons.
These are being installed around the store for Project Phoenix I assume.

The new store i'm working in which is a "Project Galaxy" setup has different access points, the new VOIP phones, a comms room inside the plant room as well as stupid quick storenet. so i'm not sure if the access points in the photo are new ones.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Heya. No point in going in store and speaking to the store manager as the stores have no involvement with the recruitment process until HR gives them a list of candiates that have passed the group interview.
HR does the initial recruitment and the group interview, after that, you will have an interview with the store and they decide if you get the job or not.

Give it a few days. If you applied right after the posting of the job then you have even more of a chance (I personally believe it's like a "first in best dressed" thing).

Good luck!
Thanks iMathew! Yeah I'll give it a few days and see how it goes. *Fingers crossed*

spilla2003

HSC
it's just that she speaks with a really thick accent. Also, i thought there was an online roster, but my manager says there isn't. Is that true/
If you have your employee id already, you can sign up on allyours.com.au

The rosters will be in the right hand column of the homepage.

wistle

HSC
Hello guys, I have a question, what is the purpose of taking down details for the pre paid mobiles?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
@Jolyon - Congrats! How did it go?

Hello guys, I have a question, what is the purpose of taking down details for the pre paid mobiles?
If you're talking about sim cards, this is a legislative requirement imposed in regards to counter terrorism and such.
Have you ever watched those American shows that say something along the lines of "It can't be traced because it's pre-paid?", that was actually the case for a while, but now the government knows the details of all pre-paid users.

You don't need any customer information for phones without sim cards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)