The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC
Re: The Official Football Thread

2-0 gg

So what justifies a 20 million fee these days? Always bear in mind that 20 million was a penny drop in the ocean for Liverpool.
Its hard to say but with players who are streets ahead of henderson in terms of quality (vidal,sahin etc) going for a lot less than 20m in the same window, it'd be perfectly reasonable to say that he hasnt lived up to his price tag.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC

Also keep in mind that you guys keep talking about either redeveloping Anfield or moving to Stanley Park. The money has to come from somewhere.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

Suck to be a Man U fan today. Karma.
Quite unbelieveable. They had one of the easiest groups in the competition. Well played basel

Hoping we avoid napoli/milan in the R16

Aplus

HSC
N/A

I haven't been on here for a long time. Have you guys got a BoS fantasy league for the EPL? If so, what is the code?

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

and what about JT? lol
Its completely different. For one, anton ferdinand never accused JT of making any racial remarks toward him. Its only after tv footage emerged of him appearing to shout something, did certain members of the british media who apparently also have a phd in lipreading managed to pick out that he was racially abusing ferdinand.
Evra accused suarez of being racist toward him, and even saurez himself admitted to it
Suarez got what he deserved, but of course liverpool will appeal and as usual the ban will be reduced by a couple of games. I won't miss him at all though

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC

I'm just hoping that Liverpool lose the appeal before the match against us at the end of the month.

Liverpool's threat is quite diminished without a player like Suarez.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Suarez... as in the Uruguayan substitute goalkeeper during that match last year at the World Cup?

hehehe

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

Terry doesn't prance around the pitch and dive like a fucktard like Suarez. Couldn't give a shit about JT tbh. He's already damaged his reputation.
true.

Its completely different. For one, anton ferdinand never accused JT of making any racial remarks toward him. Its only after tv footage emerged of him appearing to shout something, did certain members of the british media who apparently also have a phd in lipreading managed to pick out that he was racially abusing ferdinand.
Evra accused suarez of being racist toward him, and even saurez himself admitted to it
Suarez got what he deserved, but of course liverpool will appeal and as usual the ban will be reduced by a couple of games. I won't miss him at all though
Ban probably will be reduced but I expect it'll still be very heavy and the fine won't go away

I'll miss him :(

I'm just hoping that Liverpool lose the appeal before the match against us at the end of the month.

Liverpool's threat is quite diminished without a player like Suarez.
As long as Carroll doesn't play, we're good

Suarez... as in the Uruguayan substitute goalkeeper during that match last year at the World Cup?

hehehe
no shit

slyhunter

Retired
HSC

He's pacy too, works well into the system and he's been impressing in his last few games

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC

I would be concerned at how you guys play against soon. We were atrocious today in defence.

LOL™

I invented "lol"
HSC

I would be concerned at how you guys play against soon. We were atrocious today in defence.
Just goes to show how important steven taylor is... I suspect that newcastle will be going for a new defender in january? cahill a possility?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Just goes to show how important steven taylor is... I suspect that newcastle will be going for a new defender in january? cahill a possility?
No, I think under our new transfer policy, we are avoiding players from the Premier League. Expect a player from either the French or Dutch leagues. Mind you, this strategy has done quite well for us recently. For example 3.5m for Tiote and 4m for Cabaye is an absolute steal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)