The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

Hooray, Suarez out for the match against us!

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

so apparently Sydney FC is down 4-0? ughhh

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

such a shame they loss 4-0, the solid crowd of 16,000 will probably not return considering how fickle they are.

Sydney FC need a city rival if they are to go anywhere.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

such a shame they loss 4-0, the solid crowd of 16,000 will probably not return considering how fickle they are.

Sydney FC need a city rival if they are to go anywhere.
The attendances would suffer and it would make it less viable for said clubs to run. How would you justify having another club within Sydney if there is so much competition from other sports?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

i'd love to go to sydney fc games but... it's quite a trek, around 75-80 minutes to get there and... if they're just going to lose, and if i have to pay lots of money - then i'm not going. And if I want to watch it, I have a very nice HD TV I can use to watch it.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

i'd love to go to sydney fc games but... it's quite a trek, around 75-80 minutes to get there and... if they're just going to lose, and if i have to pay lots of money - then i'm not going. And if I want to watch it, I have a very nice HD TV I can use to watch it.
Not the right attitude to support a club. You're better off watching games on the television then going to games if that is your stance on how to be a supporter.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Not the right attitude to support a club. You're better off watching games on the television then going to games if that is your stance on how to be a supporter.
I feel that I should support Australian club football - because I am one of those 'untapped' fans that follows the national team and the like, but I don't go to club games.

It's just that I don't feel affinity to Sydney FC. It's like "oh they're my local club... that's nice". Same thing with all the NRL, AFL and cricket teams from Sydney or NSW. They're there, I acknowledge them - but I don't feel a drive to support them. I'll glance at the news to see if they won, but... when I read Sydney lost 4-0 it was more like "Oh okay... so that's what happened" rather than "NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO :("

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I feel that I should support Australian club football - because I am one of those 'untapped' fans that follows the national team and the like, but I don't go to club games.

It's just that I don't feel affinity to Sydney FC. It's like "oh they're my local club... that's nice". Same thing with all the NRL, AFL and cricket teams from Sydney or NSW. They're there, I acknowledge them - but I don't feel a drive to support them. I'll glance at the news to see if they won, but... when I read Sydney lost 4-0 it was more like "Oh okay... so that's what happened" rather than "NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO :("
You will have to build an affinity with the club. If you really want to get involved, I would recommend watching as many games as you can, taking time out of your weekend to watch it on the television and the like. These things don't come automatically for some people. Sometimes you have to build up the relationship with a club before you truly start caring.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

You will have to build an affinity with the club. If you really want to get involved, I would recommend watching as many games as you can, taking time out of your weekend to watch it on the television and the like. These things don't come automatically for some people. Sometimes you have to build up the relationship with a club before you truly start caring.
We'll see. I probably should start watching a lot more football than I have been lately... I've even stopped waking up early in the morning for Champions League :(

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

The attendances would suffer and it would make it less viable for said clubs to run. How would you justify having another club within Sydney if there is so much competition from other sports?
Theres an untapped market in western sydney, which is the footballing heartland of Australia. Western Sydney had 4 NSL clubs who all averaged close 10,000 fans a game and its clear that those fans are not interested in the a-league. The fans in western sydney have all but given up on the a-league. Sydney rovers (who were to play at parramatta stadium) were meant to start this year but due to the loss of a major financial backer did not happen.

A west sydney club would provide a city rivalry and will bring inactive supporters of the NSL as well as the footballing community of western sydney out.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Dayum, that was an incredible match.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Feels so good man.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Fair play to Thierry Henry for scoring on his second debut against Leeds.

twistedrebel

HSC

saint of hignbury was back to his best. Arsenal need to find another player besides RVP who can hit the next. The rest of them gervinho, ashvin, ramsey, walcott all butcher so many chances per game its not funny.

But alex oxlande chamerlins looks really good infront of the goal (good strikes against leeds) and his first touch and passing is incredible. For a guy that turned 18 in august, he is incredible.

Also we could use a some defenders.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Unbelievable how Redknapp can be so detestable. What is he trying to achieving by discussing Ba and a rumoured release clause? Any discussion about a player's contract outside the two parties in question is in contravention to the rules outline by the FA.

Can't resist tapping up players. What a fucktard.

twistedrebel

HSC

the FA want him to be next england manager hence he can do anything he wants now. Really overrated manager imho.

twistedrebel

HSC

also pool want to sell carroll back now hahaha fuck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)