Who are your favourite comedians/comediennes (1 Viewer)

JHF

HSC
N/A
If any of you want to discover your new favorite comedian watch a man by the name of Pablo Francisco...you will love it! Oh and Henry Rollins because he is pure awesomeness.

hayabusaboston

HSC
OMG GUYS!! Seriously!! the best 3 standup comedians EVER are
1. Robin Williams
2. Gabriel Iglesias
3. Danny Bhoy

Thats pretty much indisputable for most people. If you disagree go on youtube. Then there's also jeff dunham. But you guys can spend a month solid on youtube killing yourself laughing by looking at the above three comedians. Absolutely guaranteed. You'll get six pack abs in no time ;) All that tension in the abs from laughing helps build up your core, could be a great new exercise routine...

Last edited:

JHF

HSC
N/A
OMG GUYS!! Seriously!! the best 3 standup comedians EVER are
1. Robin Williams
2. Gabriel Iglesias
3. Danny Bhoy

Thats pretty much indisputable for most people. If you disagree go on youtube. Then there's also jeff dunham. But you guys can spend a month solid on youtube killing yourself laughing by looking at the above three comedians. Absolutely guaranteed. You'll get six pack abs in no time ;) All that tension in the abs from laughing helps build up your core, could be a great new exercise routine...
Oh, it can be disputed, trust me. If you want to talk about an indisputable list you are looking at comedians like Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Jerry Sienfeld, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and probably the best of all time George Carlin.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Oh, it can be disputed, trust me. If you want to talk about an indisputable list you are looking at comedians like Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Jerry Sienfeld, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and probably the best of all time George Carlin.
yea man, that's why I said undisputed for most people. Some might disagree. Very few though. Check out Gabriel Iglesias and Danny Bhoy on youtube

Lentern

HSC
yea man, that's why I said undisputed for most people. Some might disagree. Very few though. Check out Gabriel Iglesias and Danny Bhoy on youtube
Judging by his list he would be well aware of those comedians, he seems quite hard core in his knowlege of he industry. I don't think "most people" would have any common ground, the field is too varied. The acts you named are all excellent, but I probably wouldn't have any of them in my top twenty and believe me I appreciate their calibre, I saw Danny Bhoy live last year he was fantastic.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Judging by his list he would be well aware of those comedians, he seems quite hard core in his knowlege of he industry. I don't think "most people" would have any common ground, the field is too varied. The acts you named are all excellent, but I probably wouldn't have any of them in my top twenty and believe me I appreciate their calibre, I saw Danny Bhoy live last year he was fantastic.
Nope I actually don't watch many people other than them haha. Could be many more. "Most people" refers to the people at my school. I saw danny bhoy too, live. He is great :)

Lentern

HSC
Nope I actually don't watch many people other than them haha. Could be many more. "Most people" refers to the people at my school. I saw danny bhoy too, live. He is great :)
Well the "peoples choice" prizes at the end of Melb Com for the last decade has seen Wil Anderson win about half of em so...

Oh and I meant JHF showed that he knows his shit, Carlin, Pryor, Seinfield are like the fathers of the American stand up scene. The only sort of Australian equivalent to them would be Barry Humphries.

Chrissiee

Frost Yourselves
HSC
i saw carl barron recently, he was the best i nearly died

JHF

HSC
N/A
Exactly, most people don't have any commom ground in comedy - especially gen Y who don't know how talented guys like Martin, Pryor, Carlin, Murry etc. are. Anyhow, the newer comedians of today are great such as Bhoy, Barron etc. but it is hard to compare them to the legends. Also, don't know if any of you guys know Pablo Francisco, but I recommend checking him out he is amazing.

Lentern

HSC
Exactly, most people don't have any commom ground in comedy - especially gen Y who don't know how talented guys like Martin, Pryor, Carlin, Murry etc. are. Anyhow, the newer comedians of today are great such as Bhoy, Barron etc. but it is hard to compare them to the legends. Also, don't know if any of you guys know Pablo Francisco, but I recommend checking him out he is amazing.
Honestly I do prefer the newer guys, I think as in many arts as time has gone on new, more professional and disciplined artists have developed the art, taken it to new levels etc and I, simply put, enjoy watching them more. But I appreciate "the legends" and how they blazed a trail for others to follow, particularly Carlin and before him, Milton Berle. I mentioned Michael Workman before, he is a Sydney comedian who has tapped into a strange delicate melancholy sort of style, it still funny but there are really heartbreaking, sobering moments as well. I've never seen anyone do what Michael does before and its amazing but I'm sure in twenty years time it'll be fairly common trend and younger, smarter comedians will have polished up his genre and left him for dead.

Shooky_Nooky

HSC
Uni Grad
Ooh, love this thread ^_^

Um,
A few of mine have already been mentioned, but here goes ;):
Dylan Moran
Tim Minchin (can't wait to see him in Feb next year)
Bill Bailey
Simon Amstell
Noel Fielding
Greg Proops
Ryan Stiles
Colin Mochrie
Stephen Fry
Hugh Laurie
Danny Bhoy

And yeah, far too many more to list :)

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Ooh, love this thread ^_^

Um,
A few of mine have already been mentioned, but here goes ;):
Dylan Moran
Tim Minchin (can't wait to see him in Feb next year)
Bill Bailey
Simon Amstell
Noel Fielding
Greg Proops
Ryan Stiles
Colin Mochrie
Stephen Fry
Hugh Laurie
Danny Bhoy

And yeah, far too many more to list :)
Gunna see Amstell in April?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)