BMus/BScience (2 Viewers)

kakuna

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, first time poster. I was checking undergrad degrees from the different unis and I stumbled across this BScience/BMusic double from UNSW- really interested since that’s exactly both of my interests. Does anyone here do this/heard anything about it, or a BMus at UNSW? I’m also not too sure about their music program since we all know the Con is the premier place in Sydney for a music degree.

Thanks in advance!

kakuna

HSC
N/A
Well, I finished my LMus in piano a few years ago, but interested in theory/musicology as well.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well... UNSW has a free piano you can use (people sometimes go there and play music for the entertainment of others in the place), and also as a Music student - you have access to free pianos in the Robert Webster Building.

If you want more info, there's an Info Day on January 4 where you can go and ask questions.

HSC
Uni Grad
Well... UNSW has a free piano you can use (people sometimes go there and play music for the entertainment of others in the place), and also as a Music student - you have access to free pianos in the Robert Webster Building.

If you want more info, there's an Info Day on January 4 where you can go and ask questions.
Isn't that free piano only available when a lecture is not on?

kakuna

HSC
N/A
Hmm, going for the Info Day might be interesting. But I don't know if I'll be in Sydney on the 4th :S

Does anyone here actually do B Mus at UNSW?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
There is a huge amount of Maths in music. The study of scales, major/minor 5ths etc, and why it seems pleasing to us.... it's all related to the logarithmic scale for base 2 and base 5.

jnney

lemon
HSC
There is a huge amount of Maths in music. The study of scales, major/minor 5ths etc, and why it seems pleasing to us.... it's all related to the logarithmic scale for base 2 and base 5.
nerd.

kakuna

HSC
N/A
That's good- I enjoy maths!

HSC
N/A
I've heard of some people who have done BSc/BA with a music major in the Arts degree. And some people who have done a BSc at UNSW and then gone to the Con to do music degrees. The BMus/BSc looks like a new combination?.
If your main interest is in the science bit, but you'd like to keep up your music it sounds good. If my main interest was in music I'd probably head to USyd (though I don't know what their double degrees are like).

kakuna

HSC
N/A
I've heard of some people who have done BSc/BA with a music major in the Arts degree. And some people who have done a BSc at UNSW and then gone to the Con to do music degrees. The BMus/BSc looks like a new combination?.
If your main interest is in the science bit, but you'd like to keep up your music it sounds good. If my main interest was in music I'd probably head to USyd (though I don't know what their double degrees are like).

Yeah, the problem is that the Conservatorium won't allow double degrees in music, so if I go there I can only do a B Mus. So I am thinking to do the UNSW double. Plus it's not like you do more work or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)