Enrolment Questions (1 Viewer)

Readaholic

HSC
Uni Grad
I was offered a place in Bachelor of Crimininology and Criminal Justice 3422 and have a few questions regarding enrolment.

Can I do part 2 of enrolment and enrol in lectures/tutes and still be eligible for an offer in second round?

If I get accepted in second round to a higher preference (B. Law/ Criminology at UNSW) will I need to unenrol in the single Criminology degree?

What is the difference between free electives and general education?

Which subjects can I enrol in for free electives? For example is the number in front of course indicative of level- can I take a course starting with 2?

Thanks in advance and sorry for being so stupid!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
1. Yes you're actually supposed to enrol in lectures and tutes ASAP.
2. If you get accepted, you have to unenrol and re-enrol. HOWEVER, your classes that you have enrolled in will be kept, iirc.
3. General Education is just something you have to do to be a more 'well rounded' student. You have to do one or two courses, I believe - outside of your faculty. But if you're in a double degree, you do not need to take General Education courses.
4. Free electives are anything you want. Check the Handbook to see if you meet prerequisites for the course. Usually, you'll have to take something with a 1, because 2 means there is a level 1 course to be completed. Like I can't take MATH2901 - Higher Theory of Statistics without doing first year maths.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Yes you're actually supposed to enrol in lectures and tutes ASAP.
2. If you get accepted, you have to unenrol and re-enrol. HOWEVER, your classes that you have enrolled in will be kept, iirc.
3. General Education is just something you have to do to be a more 'well rounded' student. You have to do one or two courses, I believe - outside of your faculty. But if you're in a double degree, you do not need to take General Education courses.
4. Free electives are anything you want. Check the Handbook to see if you meet prerequisites for the course. Usually, you'll have to take something with a 1, because 2 means there is a level 1 course to be completed. Like I can't take MATH2901 - Higher Theory of Statistics without doing first year maths.
You do have to do general education in a double degree, but only 6uoc not 12. At least for the ones I've seen.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You do have to do general education in a double degree, but only 6uoc not 12. At least for the ones I've seen.
You do? I thought I read somewhere that the General Education was waived for double degrees for those degrees split between two faculties.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
You do? I thought I read somewhere that the General Education was waived for double degrees for those degrees split between two faculties.
Not sure about those. Varies I guess? I think most law degrees don't have general education though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)