Modern Music like KPOP vs Classical Music (e.g Mozart) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
kpop is disgusting and just further proof that asia is ~20years behind the west

HSC
best part is how 402325236 is always like asia is #1 asia best lol if it is so good why isnt your family still living there oh yeah glorious australia much better freedom opportunities etc

xAlan

HSC
although i agree some kpop music is better than some american style music but obviously some kpop music has been derived (even copied) from american music as well. so if you dont like it, keep your opinion to yourself because some people may not like your music genre as well.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
lol kpop and western pop are both fucking horrid and deserve to burn eternally in a pit of raging hellfire

HSC
although i agree some kpop music is better than some american style music but obviously some kpop music has been derived (even copied) from american music as well. so if you dont like it, keep your opinion to yourself because some people may not like your music genre as well.
omg some people might now like the same type of music as me whatever will i do?

HSC
lol ok so we outsourced all our manufacturing to china because it was hella cheap now none of us work in sweatshops making ipads for $1 a day good work

HSC
Uni Grad
best part is how 402325236 is always like asia is #1 asia best lol if it is so good why isnt your family still living there oh yeah glorious australia much better freedom opportunities etc
Because I was born here. I am planning to move out of Australia once I'm older though. So, happy?

and somehow america is in massive debt?
This.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
k-pop is like any other form of pop music in the sense that it has like 1 good song every few months, and the sea of others is shit

animeiswild

HSC
Kpop isn't the only meaningful music in the world. American music isn't all great but you have your fair share of 'meaningless' music in kpop as well. I mean can you really tell me that "Chocolate Love" or "Mr Taxi" by SNSD really relates to my life? Or "Mirotic" by DBSK or "Mister" by Kara really conveys any meaningful and deep message? For one, American music is more exposed because the songs are sung in English which we all know is sorta an universal language by now. I mean many if not most people who pay attention to music will understand English but not a lot of people understand Korean. More than anything, I think Korean music is popular because the idols who sing them are all supposedly 'attractive', the tune itself sounds good even if the lyrics are a load of crap and as youtubers have commented, their MVs have 'easy to follow' dance moves unlike American MVs. How attractive the singers are and how well they dance is not exactly related to music.

And regarding classical music, you do know that a lot of modern music is ripped off classical music right? Take the OST of the Korean drama "MY Girl" for example. It contains a song called "Never say goodbye". Listen to the background music in that and you know it's Mozart. So classical music is still important. Also, unlike any music sung in any language, classical music is played in a universal language. Someone from China can read the music notes in exactly the same way as someone in Germany. It's all straight forward alphabet from a-g. Aside from that, as the name suggests, "CLASSICal music" is supposed to stand the test of time. This is just like asking why do we study Austen, Shakespeare, Chaucer or even Skrzynecki? Why don't we all just go and study Twilight in English?

Not to mention the behaviour of some kpop fans are horrible. Constantly see them bashing American artists and always starting fan wars...

Last edited:

The Bui

HSC
Kpop isn't the only meaningful music in the world. American music isn't all great but you have your fair share of 'meaningless' music in kpop as well. I mean can you really tell me that "Chocolate Love" or "Mr Taxi" by SNSD really relates to my life? Or "Mirotic" by DBSK or "Mister" by Kara really conveys any meaningful and deep message? For one, American music is more exposed because the songs are sung in English which we all know is sorta an universal language by now. I mean many if not most people who pay attention to music will understand English but not a lot of people understand Korean. More than anything, I think Korean music is popular because the idols who sing them are all supposedly 'attractive', the tune itself sounds good even if the lyrics are a load of crap and as youtubers have commented, their MVs have 'easy to follow' dance moves unlike American MVs. How attractive the singers are and how well they dance is not exactly related to music.

And regarding classical music, you do know that a lot of modern music is ripped off classical music right? Take the OST of the Korean drama "MY Girl" for example. It contains a song called "Never say goodbye". Listen to the background music in that and you know it's Mozart. So classical music is still important. Also, unlike any music sung in any language, classical music is played in a universal language. Someone from China can read the music notes in exactly the same way as someone in Germany. It's all straight forward alphabet from a-g. Aside from that, as the name suggests, "CLASSICal music" is supposed to stand the test of time. This is just like asking why do we study Austen, Shakespeare, Chaucer or even Skrzynecki? Why don't we all just go and study Twilight in English?
nice

asparagus

HSC
N/A
you are an excellent troll (no you're not kill yourself lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)