Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beatles? (1 Viewer)

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

SO MUCH SWAG!

acemusic415

HSC
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

Kpop is far from true talent. I love listening to it, but please don't make that assertion. If you want talent in mainstream music, look to Adele, Christina Aguilera, Jessie J, Michael Buble etc. If you want to see talent in musical (mainstream) history, look to Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc.

Kpop is the direct antithesis of true talent: they lip sync the majority of the time and they use dancing, gimmicks and lighting to overshadow true talent. However, I must admit there are some brilliant talents in the kpop industry - but hollistically, it's far from it.

Mikelseo

HSC
Uni Grad

If you can convince Beethoven to tell me this, I'll believe you.

And some of kpop is full of auto tune stuff that it sounds good but once you hear the live version, you just wonder what happened. Also with classical music you can't really auto tune that which only further emphasizes the real talent needed to play well.

Your refusal to accept others opinions and giving over-exaggerated compliments on kpop whilst insulting other music to the max indicate that you possess a closed-mind. It is understandable that you cannot properly appreciate classical music with a closed mind that only knows of repetitive music that only speaks of love in comparison to the broader themes and concepts classical music explores.
No. I don't believe I have a closed mind. I have legitimate reasons to be state that Kpop is the absolute best music in the world. True you can't auto-tune classical music but the most important thing is to be able to relate your music to the current audience who have contemporary views of the world. This can only be through smart musicians like kpop stars who themselves have contemporary views of the current audience. It is still a shame that people find the relevance of classical music in the current world when it really doesn't do anything for the modern generation.

Also i find that classical musicians tend to practice the same song over and over again prostituting themselves to a master orchestrator instead of being able to write their own songs. I find this pityful unlike the majority kpop musicians who have to freedom to write brilliant quality music for their fans. No one likes classical music now. It is dead and long gone. sorry about that.

The Bui

HSC

No. I don't believe I have a closed mind. I have legitimate reasons to be state that Kpop is the absolute best music in the world. True you can't auto-tune classical music but the most important thing is to be able to relate your music to the current audience who have contemporary views of the world. This can only be through smart musicians like kpop stars who themselves have contemporary views of the current audience. It is still a shame that people find the relevance of classical music in the current world when it really doesn't do anything for the modern generation.

Also i find that classical musicians tend to practice the same song over and over again prostituting themselves to a master orchestrator instead of being able to write their own songs. I find this pityful unlike the majority kpop musicians who have to freedom to write brilliant quality music for their fans. No one likes classical music now. It is dead and long gone. sorry about that.
hahahaha yeah it does. Classical music is like a universal language where everyone understands how beautiful the sounds are. How can kpop even appeal to older population of the world.

The Bui

HSC

can you see yourself liking kpop 20 years from now kpop fans

Mikelseo

HSC
Uni Grad

Kpop is far from true talent. I love listening to it, but please don't make that assertion. If you want talent in mainstream music, look to Adele, Christina Aguilera, Jessie J, Michael Buble etc. If you want to see talent in musical (mainstream) history, look to Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Aretha Franklin, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin etc.

Kpop is the direct antithesis of true talent: they lip sync the majority of the time and they use dancing, gimmicks and lighting to overshadow true talent. However, I must admit there are some brilliant talents in the kpop industry - but hollistically, it's far from it.
I donot understand what you mean when you said Christina Aguileria has talent?? She gets all her songs from songwriters at her record company. In terms of composing her own song she is hopeless. and Led Zeppelin is just cacophony. Why do people even listen to that stuff about all those immoral things like drugs and sex?

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

can you see yourself liking kpop 20 years from now kpop fans
I have this weird feeling that some odd genre of pop from the middle of Africa will emerge and overtake the music industry by storm.

Kpop give or take has a 5-10 year life span in my opinion.

Kinda like Jpop and how the fad just died out after people realised the damage they were doing to their cerebral cortex.

Mikelseo

HSC
Uni Grad

I have this weird feeling that some odd genre of pop from the middle of Africa will emerge and overtake the music industry by storm.

Kpop give or take has a 5-10 year life span in my opinion.

Kinda like Jpop and how the fad just died out after people realised the damage they were doing to their cerebral cortex.
Some support for Kpop from someone who identifies himself as korean. Where is your patriotism?

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

Some support for Kpop from someone who identifies himself as korean. Where is your patriotism?
My patriotism only activates if a Japanese person talks sh#t about our country or of some idiot believes that history has no importance to the present or future.

I don't mind Kpop but i'm being realistic. Also I identify myself as a Korean Australian so I endorse both cultures to be exact.

I'd rather see the Korean Ministry of Culture (or w/e its called) promote Korean indie music and underground hip hop music or even ballad groups such as Brown Eyed Soul, Vibe, Noel, Urban Zakapa and so on.

The Bui

HSC

That's the same with all KPop groups you hypocritical, trolling piece of shit.
his just being a troll or just a clown who loves kpop abit to much to accept any other genre

acemusic415

HSC

I donot understand what you mean when you said Christina Aguileria has talent?? She gets all her songs from songwriters at her record company. In terms of composing her own song she is hopeless. and Led Zeppelin is just cacophony. Why do people even listen to that stuff about all those immoral things like drugs and sex?
Christina Aguilera gets all her songs from songwriters and her record company - true, but so does every artist in the Kpop industry. The difference between her and the entire Kpop industry is the mere fact that she can can genuinely sing - she's a true vocalist. She has massive pipes and on the basis of talent (singing, acting, dancing included) can destroy every kpop artist in the industry.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad

In all honesty is there even anything Korean in KPop, apart from the people and the name of the genre? There's nothing Korean about the music at all. It's just a blend of Europop and imitation of American music. I don't understand how KPop fans are so critical of western music when KPop takes so much from it.
Europop is trash. How dare you compare Kpop to such terribad music.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Hey, Europop is great. I look forward to the Eurovision Song Contest each year to see what treats Europe can give pop music.

"Satellite" is one of the best songs evar.

RANK 1

HSC

Hey, Europop is great. I look forward to the Eurovision Song Contest each year to see what treats Europe can give pop music.

"Satellite" is one of the best songs evar.
are you talking about this song??

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

wtf

i meant:

[youtube]K9NjZMsY9y8[/youtube]

It's 3rd on my 'Most Played'.

RANK 1

HSC

wtf

i meant:

[youtube]K9NjZMsY9y8[/youtube]

It's 3rd on my 'Most Played'.
smash, but her accent is a bit too weird for my taste

i prefer satellite by ocean lab

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

smash, but her accent is a bit too weird for my taste

i prefer satellite by ocean lab
the accent makes the song, though.

jamesfirst

HSC

who ever thinks that SNSD are ugly is srsly blind.

jamesfirst

HSC

This is what the youth of America think of Kpop LOL.

The common reaction to a non Kpop listener to 2NE1 is immediately:

'Why are they copying Lady Gaga?'

'Only in Asia ...'

'What is wrong with them?'

Ignorance I know. Eventhough I despise all forms of pop music I think the Asian (at times the South Amercian) market particularly Japan,China, Korea, Brazil, Peru etc are more than enough in terms of a profit v.s. exposure sense for Kpop. Rather than expanding Korean entertainment agencies should consolidate their places as a musical force and genre in these current markets rather than attempt to get their 'hands full'.

yup. Who says that asian fans are the ruthless one. I mean I know many "fangirls/fanboiis" that don't know shit about music and only praise the kpop groups... but that doesn't make Americans any smarter. 2NE1 debut before Lady gaga. They have singers such as Justin Bieber, Lady gaga, Nicky Minaj... they aren't any greater than the kpop groups LOL.

just sayin'. but Justin bieber can't sing for shit.

jamesfirst

HSC

You know that Koreans are well known to be arrogant and patriotic in terms of them being the "best" and that their music (food, etc.) is "better" than everyone else's and everyone should listen to it.
what about Australians and Americans mate.

the cunts stole Australia from the Aborigines people and they thought that they were the best because they were white. fking racist cunts LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)