Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beatles? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

who ever thinks that SNSD are ugly is srsly blind.
they are ugly.

i'm sure there are guys in the world who appreciate girls like that, and i encourage them to pursue girls like that. more white gals for me. (hehehehehe)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Re: Girl's generation on David Letterman show + will they become bigger than the beat

yup. Who says that asian fans are the ruthless one. I mean I know many "fangirls/fanboiis" that don't know shit about music and only praise the kpop groups... but that doesn't make Americans any smarter. 2NE1 debut before Lady gaga. They have singers such as Justin Bieber, Lady gaga, Nicky Minaj... they aren't any greater than the kpop groups LOL.

just sayin'. but Justin bieber can't sing for shit.
Lady Gaga has talent to be honest. Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber are crap I agree. But Gaga attended NYU, she plays instruments, writes her own songs, co-produces her music and can actually sing non-pop.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad

they are ugly.

i'm sure there are guys in the world who appreciate girls like that, and i encourage them to pursue girls like that. more white gals for me. (hehehehehe)
SNSD is not pretty! They are mediocre in my opinion but defs not ugly :(...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

SNSD is not pretty! They are mediocre in my opinion but defs not ugly :(...
Fine, they're "not my type". They aren't ugly but they're not attractive to me. Better?

animeiswild

HSC

No. I don't believe I have a closed mind. I have legitimate reasons to be state that Kpop is the absolute best music in the world. True you can't auto-tune classical music but the most important thing is to be able to relate your music to the current audience who have contemporary views of the world. This can only be through smart musicians like kpop stars who themselves have contemporary views of the current audience. It is still a shame that people find the relevance of classical music in the current world when it really doesn't do anything for the modern generation.

Also i find that classical musicians tend to practice the same song over and over again prostituting themselves to a master orchestrator instead of being able to write their own songs. I find this pityful unlike the majority kpop musicians who have to freedom to write brilliant quality music for their fans. No one likes classical music now. It is dead and long gone. sorry about that.
I think not. So long as there are humans and the use of musical instruments, classical music will continue to be practiced and would be far from fading. Kpop on the other hand has no guarantee. I remember before the kpop wave, Chinese music was extremely popular for a few years and now look where it is now? Kpop will be the same. It'll die out eventually. Sorry about that.

Also you argue that you don't have a closed mind. How so? You show no indication of accepting other genres of music. Just like kpop there are songs that I like and dislike. You speak as though you completely hate all other music and there is no exception. How does that not show your closed mind?

And repetitiveness? Now that's not new with SNSD. Where were you when they released all their songs? Can you not hear their annoyingly repetitive music as well? Despite this they still win all the awards even if their song is crap. Talk about being biased to the max...

And what do you mean "It is still a shame that people find the relevance of classical music in the current world when it really doesn't do anything for the modern generation". So kpop actually does something for us? Oh really now? You're going to tell me there are 9 girls in this world who are genies and will grant me my wish? Or something about Taxis speeding in the night? Or stupid, love struck girls repeatedly crying 'gee'. I see it. EXTREMELY relevant to the modern society, my butt.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I think not. So long as there are humans and the use of musical instruments, classical music will continue to be practiced and would be far from fading. Kpop on the other hand has no guarantee. I remember before the kpop wave, Chinese music was extremely popular for a few years and now look where it is now? Kpop will be the same. It'll die out eventually. Sorry about that.

Also you argue that you don't have a closed mind. How so? You show no indication of accepting other genres of music. Just like kpop there are songs that I like and dislike. You speak as though you completely hate all other music and there is no exception. How does that not show your closed mind?

And repetitiveness? Now that's not new with SNSD. Where were you when they released all their songs? Can you not hear their annoyingly repetitive music as well? Despite this they still win all the awards even if their song is crap. Talk about being biased to the max...

And what do you mean "It is still a shame that people find the relevance of classical music in the current world when it really doesn't do anything for the modern generation". So kpop actually does something for us? Oh really now? You're going to tell me there are 9 girls in this world who are genies and will grant me my wish? Or something about Taxis speeding in the night? Or stupid, love struck girls repeatedly crying 'gee'. I see it. EXTREMELY relevant to the modern society, my butt.
don't feed the troll

but when was chinese music popular?

RANK 1

HSC

i actually hate the traditional chinese singing and opera

animeiswild

HSC

don't feed the troll

but when was chinese music popular?
It was. Taiwanese I think it was. It was like 05-07? I'm not really sure, but from going on Chinese forums and such, that's what they say. =d

animeiswild

HSC

i actually hate the traditional chinese singing and opera
Yeah, I actually hate that as well. I think most Asian traditional music is pretty bad. Including Korean ones as well.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah, I actually hate that as well. I think most Asian traditional music is pretty bad. Including Korean ones as well.
Hey! That's not true!

There are many folk songs in Korea and in other parts of Asia that in my opinion holds more musical integrity than pop music of today.

If you look at traditional pieces they usually have complex, intricate chord progressions that have become the foundation of modern music today.

Therefore traditional Asian music = modern Asian music.

Since you hate old folk songs which equals to modern music I can conclude you hate music.

Lol.

RANK 1

HSC

Hey! That's not true!

There are many folk songs in Korea and in other parts of Asia that in my opinion holds more musical integrity than pop music of today.

If you look at traditional pieces they usually have complex, intricate chord progressions that have become the foundation of modern music today.

Since you hate old folk songs which equals to modern music I can conclude you hate music.

Lol.
i was talking about the singing

animeiswild

HSC

Hey! That's not true!

Lol.
Are you listening to yourself? How is modern music even remotely similar to traditional pieces? I like traditional music using traditional instruments but when vocals are introduced... (especially in Chinese ones). To conclude that I hate music overall based on flimsy evidence, is a weak argument. And if you note, I did say 'most'.

Anyway, since you think that modern music is equivalent to traditional music. Please enlighten me by explaining how this relates to Yui's Rolling Star:

Lol.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

isn't (insert asian language)pop just western music in a different language anyway

i.e. Asians trying to be white.

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad

Are you listening to yourself? How is modern music even remotely similar to traditional pieces? I like traditional music using traditional instruments but when vocals are introduced... (especially in Chinese ones). To conclude that I hate music overall based on flimsy evidence, is a weak argument. And if you note, I did say 'most'.

Anyway, since you think that modern music is equivalent to traditional music. Please enlighten me by explaining how this relates to Yui's Rolling Star:

Lol.
Ignorance is bliss.

Your attempt to constructively criticise me failed after the first sentence.

Why are you comparing traditional sound/vocals to modern music?

I blatantly stated 'chord progressions'. Do you not agree music is a dynamic form of art always influenced by change and evolution?

And ... Wtf is a Yui?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)