Cadetshipp (3 Viewers)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
What are they like?

Do you have much free time when you do them?

Do you get paid much ?

It's for business/commerce

Dylanamali

HSC
generally $30,000/year..

so straight out of high school your earning a decent salary.. + doing uni part time.
They are really good.. especially if you can get it with one of the big 4 accounting firms.. e.g. PWC, KPMG, EY etc.
Once you finish your degree (ie after 3 years) you should be on about 60k/yr and it should only increase from there.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
What about Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu? :tongue2:

Edit: On top of applying for cadetships - fill in the paper work for co-op aswell.

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I would love to do it. But I also want to do economics. Can you major in accounting in a economics course ..

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Yes. you can also major in economics in a commerce degree

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Ideally I would do a double degree of economics and commerce at unsw. But I need 95.

Question. How easy is it to get from macq uni (I live near there) to unsw

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I said 95 because it is a round number

Still that High. Do you know what is the max bonus points you can get for academic advantage ?

Cl324

HSC
N/A
You can also get max 5 bonnus points for HSC PLUS, 2 for you if you get b6 in maths
If you can get AAA thats another 5 bonus points
EAS can also be added on top of this
They also have this scheme that if you participated in certain levels of sports or competitions/are school captain/did silver award in doe etc. you get extra points

So yeah lots of extra potential bonus points

Dylanamali

HSC
+1, yeah powlmao.. it's preety easy to get into commerce @ UNSW, you basically only need around 91, because the 5 bonus pts from HSC PLUS will take you to the cut-off, assuming you get a couple of Band 6's.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Well I am top 2 in business, legal and economics. Top5 in English and top 20 in maths (including 3 and 4u)

So I assume I'll manage a 92

But with the cadetship you can do that with a double degree right?

Also where abouts are the firms in Sydney? I assume the city?

Lastly, how long does it add to your degree

amour

Female
HSC
Well I am top 2 in business, legal and economics. Top5 in English and top 20 in maths (including 3 and 4u)

So I assume I'll manage a 92

But with the cadetship you can do that with a double degree right?

Also where abouts are the firms in Sydney? I assume the city?

Lastly, how long does it add to your degree
You can't do double degree with Ernst and Young.

Dylanamali

HSC
Yeah the big 4 firms are in the city. My brother works for PWC.

A lot of the people who receive the cadetships choose to go to uni at UTS, even though they have the marks for UNSW just for ease of travel.

He only got a UAI (back in the day) of 91.95 - but his interpersonal skills were fantastic and he interviewed really well. He was also school captain of girraween high school (selective) which really aided his cause.

Dylanamali

HSC
I would assume you wouldn't do a double degree if you were going for a cadetship.. why do a 5 year course if you've already got a secure job that only needs a 3 yr course. =/
you'll only be taking away from your working time, which isn't ideal for them or you imo.

Manroop

HSC
Im pretty sure with KPMG and PWC you can't either unless if you can strike a compromise with them. Its usually BComm and a major in Accounting. You can do you second major in whatever if thats what you wanna do

Dylanamali

HSC
Im pretty sure with KPMG and PWC you can't either unless if you can strike a compromise with them. Its usually BComm and a major in Accounting. You can do you second major in whatever if thats what you wanna do
manroop, what have you decided to do with yourself with that high ATAR? did you take up a cadetship offer?

Manroop

HSC
nah i got a cadetship with PWC and KPMG but i decided on taking up UTS Bachelor of Accounting COOP. I thinks its a better option cos it allows for diversity in your practical experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)