• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

STUDY HOURS - 99 (2 Viewers)

SanjoyM

HSC
The time is really getting to me. I'm sorry, I've been failing everywhere :(. I still recommend taking more breaks but if it works for you...
Just give it all you have got! Only 6 months left:) Anything can happen! Cheer up:)
Do you best and success will follow :)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Just give it all you have got! Only 6 months left:) Anything can happen! Cheer up:)
Do you best and success will follow :)
LOL NO, he's talking about not recognising that you're in Year 12. DW about his results, he's gonna pwn. DUX OF SYDNEY TECH 2012!

HSC
just wondering is studying about the hours or the right studying techniques

For, e.g a student may study 5 hours a weekday and another student may study 2-3 hours but some good techniques

deswa1

HSC
just wondering is studying about the hours or the right studying techniques

For, e.g a student may study 5 hours a weekday and another student may study 2-3 hours but some good techniques
Studying is about how much you learn. Its not an end in itself, its a way to get to a goal. Some techniques- Create goals and as soon as you are done, stop. Take regular breaks, if you ever lose concentration, don't push through it because that's unproductive- take a small break. Expose yourself to as many types of questions as possible. For example, when you finish say Acidic Environment in chem, go through all the HSC papers and do all the acidic environment questions.

Siddy123

HSC
Studying is about how much you learn. Its not an end in itself, its a way to get to a goal. Some techniques- Create goals and as soon as you are done, stop. Take regular breaks, if you ever lose concentration, don't push through it because that's unproductive- take a small break. Expose yourself to as many types of questions as possible. For example, when you finish say Acidic Environment in chem, go through all the HSC papers and do all the acidic environment questions.
good technique there!!!

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I did 1 a day (only Maths) for 8 weeks then 12-14 hours a day (other subjects) in the week before exams.
Mind you, I never thought I'd get 99+. Cramming isn't a very secure method of study.

Siddy123

HSC
I did 1 a day (only Maths) for 8 weeks then 12-14 hours a day (other subjects) in the week before exams.
Mind you, I never thought I'd get 99+. Cramming isn't a very secure method of study.
1 a day? wow big transition from 1 to 14 ?? :p

qwerty44

HSC
Well, the higher the risk, the higher the return.

enoilgam

HSC
Dont forget about efficiency with study - you dont want to spend more time on it then you have to. Why take 5 hours to do something when you can get just as much done in 2 hours.

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dont forget about efficiency with study - you dont want to spend more time on it then you have to. Why take 5 hours to do something when you can get just as much done in 2 hours.
This man speaks the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)