Reputation/Rep Power (5 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: How do youse get rep powr

I guess the rep system was implemented so people would get an indication of who the 'helpful' users were; it wasn't implemented to be a system of circle-jerking.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

I know this is going to be far-fetched, but I seriously think that the death of NCAP is a reason for this. When I first joined, there were a tonne of people in NCAP, now you can count the number of users who regularly post in NCAP on your fingers. What you're getting is less viewpoints and less contribution

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A

I guess the rep system was implemented so people would get an indication of who the 'helpful' users were; it wasn't implemented to be a system of circle-jerking.
Of course. Users like you, Aerath :)

SunnyScience

HSC

But yes, on topic.

How many times can you rep for a day? Does it correspond to a particular number?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

I don't think anyone knows the exact number, but as you've probably ascertained, you can only rep people a limited number of times per 24 hours, and you'll need to rep a certain number of times before you can re-rep a member.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A

lol mate do you just spend all your time checking your rep :p
I used to do that when I started but I no longer do it because it is unhealthy. You shouldn't care about what other people think of you, be who you want to be and if people dislike that, they don't need to be part of your life :)

SunnyScience

HSC

I used to do that when I started but I no longer do it because it is unhealthy. You shouldn't care about what other people think of you, be who you want to be and if people dislike that, they don't need to be part of your life :)
repped.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A

Hahaha thanks. It is just something I learnt ages ago. I used to even apologise to the people who neg repped me but I don't do that anymore. Just remember, you can't be liked by everyone! :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Rep power is the culmination of your: post count, date of account and also amount of rep you have.
This is correct. We knew the old formula, but Rafy has tweaked it since.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC

Of course. Users like you, Aerath :)
^ rep begging :p

This is correct. We knew the old formula, but Rafy has tweaked it since.
To be honest rep is soo much easier to get nowadays and has sorta been "devalued". This may partly be due to circle jerking but the rep powers on heaps of users are just ridiculous.

I've seen members, who posted a couple of years ago, with over a couple of thousand posts yet only of green bars (not quite sure about the quality of their posts though :p).

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

To be honest rep is soo much easier to get nowadays and has sorta been "devalued". This may partly be due to circle jerking but the rep powers on heaps of users are just ridiculous.

I've seen members, who posted a couple of years ago, with over a couple of thousand posts yet only of green bars (not quite sure about the quality of their posts though :p).
Us NSers keep hoarders in check.

enoilgam

HSC

Whilst individual rep power has gone up lately, so has the amount you need to reach certain levels of rep (i.e. I think a couple months ago, light green was only 600 now its 1000). Also, I dont think rep existed for an extended period a couple of years ago (older mods would know more).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)