CADETSHIPS 2012 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbecile

HSC
Sure thing, but again take my advice with a pinch of salt, because chances are they've changed up the interview process from last year.

Written Task & Group Activity: Basically you're given some information in the form of a report, and you have to analyse it and write some kind of summary/recommendation. If you do business studies it should be a breeze, but otherwise just use some common sense and think. Its hand written so be legible! Then you pretty much just form a team and discuss and make a decision (see the stuff i wrote for ey, its pretty much the same)
This is going to sound stupid, but since I don't do either economics or business, how exactly do you write a business report?

tambam

HSC
Thank you very much for that, I think I'll find it very useful.

I was just wondering: from what you said I gather they send out offers a week or so after your interview. Is that the case?
No sorry if I was misleading, but I was implying that as an exceptional circumstance.

In most cases with the big 4 they will call you to let you know on the day of the interview, even as soon as an hour afterwards.

tambam

HSC
This is going to sound stupid, but since I don't do either economics or business, how exactly do you write a business report?
Youre not really asked to write a report, youre given a report and they just want to see that you can analyse it and draw conclusions from it. I cant remember the exact details but its really just a mini essay of sorts and I dont think it would be particularly challenging.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you very much for that, I think I'll find it very useful.

I was just wondering: from what you said I gather they send out offers a week or so after your interview. Is that the case?
i'd say it varies by firm and circumstances. some will call soon after, others take several days, etc.

DR11

HSC
N/A
No sorry if I was misleading, but I was implying that as an exceptional circumstance.

In most cases with the big 4 they will call you to let you know on the day of the interview, even as soon as an hour afterwards.
Oh wow I wasn't expecting such a fast response from the companies! Thanks for letting me know.

imbecile

HSC
just saying, if you are lucky enough to get an offer, when do you have to accept it by?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I believe the Institute has a 3 week rule which applies to all firms offering cadetships. This should help alleviate any concerns over rushed decisions or being pressured to sign. Remember to read everything and ask questions BEFORE you sign.

imbecile

HSC
I believe the Institute has a 3 week rule which applies to all firms offering cadetships. This should help alleviate any concerns over rushed decisions or being pressured to sign. Remember to read everything and ask questions BEFORE you sign.
Thanks mate!

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I'm really lost between the discrepancies between the use of the phrase "closing date" - e.g. if a firm says a closing date is July 30, does this mean they close July 29 11:59pm? or July 30 11:59 pm?
Because I just got this when I applied for Pitcher Partners

Re: 2013 Cadetship Application

Thank you for your application for a position as a Cadet at Pitcher Partners Sydney for 2013.

Applications closed on Sunday 1st July. From this date we will be reviewing applications.

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly. For all other updates, please refer to our website: www.pitcher.com.au .

Thank you for your interest in Pitcher Partners.

All the best for your studies.

Kind regards,

M

MichelleV

Ehhh, I'm so nervous.

I applied for two cadetships that both closed recently.

One had an automatic reply saying they'd start making calls this week.

Anxiously taking my phone and a notepad everywhere I go justttt in case :(

imbecile

HSC
had my KPMG interview today. only 9 people! really friendly staff and interviews were very casual

tambam

HSC
I'm surprised noones mentioned receiving offers yet. Was anyone successful?

imbecile

HSC
just got rejected from KPMG. major feedback included: need to research more about what you'll be doing. more in depth answers. but apparently "I set benchmark for written and verbal"

I have an interview tomorrow so can someone just clarify, what do you do in assurance? I know what assurance is, but like what do cadets do in assurance? Any help appreciated.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
just got rejected from KPMG. major feedback included: need to research more about what you'll be doing. more in depth answers. but apparently "I set benchmark for written and verbal"

I have an interview tomorrow so can someone just clarify, what do you do in assurance? I know what assurance is, but like what do cadets do in assurance? Any help appreciated.
What did you say in your interview to give them that impression? As a trainee/cadet applicant I don't think anyone expects you to know much about anything other than the role which auditors play in society and how we are an independent party providing a degree of comfort (i.e. lending our credibility/reputation) to our clients for the purpose of improving the disclosure of information whether it be to shareholders, or other stakeholders (e.g. creditors, regulators).

M

MichelleV

I feel so on the outside here.

Haven't even heard back from 1 firm I applied for yet.

I'm seriously hoping it's just because they closed on Saturday (the 30th) and nothing else :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)