Just wondering if you need to know this for preliminary: (2 Viewers)

HSC
i know we will need it for year 12. But i was introduced to it by a friend, and we have done nothing like it in preliminary.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
It is to calculate molarity:

M= n/v

Molarity = number of moles/volume
To be picky, it's actually c = n/V. The capital 'M' stands for the units of molarity, but isn't used by convention to represent the aforementioned quantity itself. Also, 'V' is capitalised by the same guidelines.

Pointing it out because I would've lost a mark at baulko with that.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
To be picky, it's actually c = n/V. The capital 'M' stands for the units of molarity, but isn't used by convention to represent the aforementioned quantity itself. Also, 'V' is capitalised by the same guidelines.

By losing a mark, do you mean the M or the V - I personally don't think a capitalised V would really make a difference but c and M should be penalised.

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
By losing a mark, do you mean the M or the V - I personally don't think a capitalised V would really make a difference but c and M should be penalised.
Both. The capitalised V is definitely a problem. By convention a small 'v' means velocity.

The Matrix

HSC

What iSplicer said is correct, you can see for yourself here http://library.thinkquest.org/12354/gather/gasvnc.htm

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)