How can I study (1 Viewer)

har

HSC
Basically got math exam in 2 days, not studied yet.
Take out the time factor, should I just read my hole math text book and look at examples of how to do EVERYTHING because my major concern with doing past papers is that what if all of them don't question a certain aspect of something and it pops up in my exam.. then im screwed.. Is this necessarily true? Thanks!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Take out the time factor, should I just read my hole math text book and look at examples of how to do EVERYTHING because my major concern with doing past papers is that what if all of them don't question a certain aspect of something and it pops up in my exam.. then im screwed.. Is this necessarily true? Thanks!
You're gone.

har

HSC
Great thanks for the reassurance and help

har

HSC
I have a graphics calculator if that helps and without studying I could probably easily get a 70+
Please answ my question!

Aysce

HSC
Reading won't do anything - hit the past papers and some textbook questions. Start PRONTO and I will wish you the best of luck. When I did this in year 11 where my study habits were terrible, I had to chuck an all nighter and learn all the content. If you're REALLY desperate you could do that but I don't recommend it...

har

HSC
yeah my study habits are terrible to i wake up at 12 and go to the library and i dont even think i study properly. I just write out notes and run out of time to study them before the exams :/
Btw 99.80 atar with standard english is amazing welldone

har

HSC
Also I have a legal exam on monday (math is on tuesday) which I have yet to study for

Aysce

HSC
yeah my study habits are terrible to i wake up at 12 and go to the library and i dont even think i study properly. I just write out notes and run out of time to study them before the exams :/
Btw 99.80 atar with standard english is amazing welldone
Haha no that is my inspiration. Another BOSer got that - I wish that was me haha
Good luck!

har

HSC
Oh okay thanks for the advice also how come all these people are so into the hsc and all this. I just sit and mess around being a retard

Aysce

HSC
Oh okay thanks for the advice also how come all these people are so into the hsc and all this. I just sit and mess around being a retard
Many reasons I don't really know. I for one am just motivated to study since I kinda know the calibre of students I will be facing in the HSC from BoS.

Thief

!!
HSC
Dont worry, BOS just has a lot because this is an HSC forum after all, so everyone wants to try hard. The rest of your cohort isnt like this :p

Mdzabakly

HSC
perhaps they have a strong motivation ?
(aysce wants to get 99.80 atar with standard english)
( many people wanna get through the hsc with a good atar)
( personally my drive is that i wanna do medicine so yea XD)
if you find something you want ( perhapse a certain mark or a what ur planning 2 do or a certain raank) then you will start to get motivated :)

And as ^ said: This is a forum for ppl who plan or want to get high or do good ( you wont see many ppl with no motivation or bothered to to stuff looking up bos or yea XD)

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Cram maths? Yeah, good luck. Maths is about understanding - not regurgitating what you've learned.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
That's a bit harsh guys. Just do your best from now on in, read the examples and do every second question. Then have a look at past papers. I'll be here to help if you need me.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
If you have two days, I highly suggest reading the textbook. Past papers are not going to help at this rate.

Excel is good for cramming.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Chill out. It's general maths, can't be that hard. Just get 94%+. If you did your homework, that should be sufficient enough to do well.

Thief

!!
HSC
Chill out. It's general maths, can't be that hard. Just get 94%+. If you did your homework, that should be sufficient enough to do well.
Maths isn't easy for everybody.

enoilgam

HSC
Most of the people who use the school forums are high achievers who are very dedicated - so this site isnt an accurate representation of all HSC students. With two days to go there isnt really much you can do, just go over the textbook or something like excel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)