CSSA Paper 2 - English Advanced (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
DID ANYONE DO HISTORY AND MEMORY?!!
I had prepared for the RELATIONSHIP between them, not the conflict! aaah!
was it ok to say, they're conflicted but they can also work together??

For module A - do you also have to talk about similarities or just differences, to prove theyre stronger?

Goood luck everyone for results!
History and memory (I did it as well) have contrasting natures. History makes memory, but memory is also contrasted by history (documentation, photos, etc). There's a 'tug-of-war' sort of motion going on between them, so there is definitely a conflict.

Module A, you had to talk about how the differences in the texts showed their similarities. Difference could have been form, content, context, genre, etc, but then it showed their similarities with the negativity of 'playing God', 'what it means to be human', etc.

sophisms

HSC
paper 2 was better than paper 1. though i screwed paper 2 as well :(
but hey, no more english papers :D:D:D (until the hsc ._.')

George121

HSC
did anyone doing hamlet disagree with the question, saying that it lead to unsatisfying conclusion, rather than a satisfying?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
did anyone doing hamlet disagree with the question, saying that it lead to unsatisfying conclusion, rather than a satisfying?
i know at least for the harwood one, it said justify how it was dealt with in a satisfactory manner so i just agreed.

Flauntastic

HSC
Does anyone know how it is possible for schools to do these papers on different days? Is this just common practice or is it not allowed?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know how it is possible for schools to do these papers on different days? Is this just common practice or is it not allowed?
I didn't think it was allowed :\ Are some people doing the cssa paper on a different day?

George121

HSC
It's not fair if other schools do them on different days, because they get an advantage

Flauntastic

HSC
Yes, it was definitely the catholic paper 1. I can only assume we'll be doing paper 2 tomorrow.

George121

HSC
Yes, it was definitely the catholic paper 1. I can only assume we'll be doing paper 2 tomorrow.
if board of studies find out, i think they can penalise your school (not sure though)

the point of having a timetable for all schools is so that they all follow it.

its not fair if schools sit exams on different days compared to the timetable.

Bells88

HSC
Not for that question, I agreed that revenge and the political were tied up nicely, but I did disagree with the similarities>differences one for Pride and Prejudice.

George121

HSC
guys stop posting the questions

some schools havent done the paper yet (i dont know why)

George121

HSC
it doesnt matter though if their internal marks get better it wont affect our results..or will it ?
internal marks do count.
you can't average 30% in your internals, whoop out a 90 in your hsc and get the 90 (unless you ranked 1st with the 30%)
internals mainly count towards ranking, which helps determine your atar
thats what ive been told, not sure if its true though.

deswa1

HSC
internal marks do count.
you can't average 30% in your internals, whoop out a 90 in your hsc and get the 90 (unless you ranked 1st with the 30%)
internals mainly count towards ranking, which helps determine your atar
thats what ive been told, not sure if its true though.
No, his point is that the internal marks in OTHER schools have no impact on your own mark which is true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)