CSSA Paper 2 - English Advanced (1 Viewer)

vinhkn

HSC
This paper was more straightforward compared to past years.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
OMG! Stuffed up so bad. Mod C (History and memory)...for those who are studying smithsonian....WHAT ELSE WAS THERE BESIDES THE AMERICAN BIAS?????

Demise

HSC
OMG! Stuffed up so bad. Mod C (History and memory)...for those who are studying smithsonian....WHAT ELSE WAS THERE BESIDES THE AMERICAN BIAS?????
Could've talked about memory contrasting history and vice versa. The site is all documents, then 'conversations' has pure perspectives, another conflict. Pretty good question IMHO.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess so. However, would they mark you down for going on about the American bias and the perspective of the Americans? I know that is what a lot of weaker responses tend to do, but this question was basically asking for it.

samawi12

HSC
hEY gUYS

did anyone else do julius caesar for mod c if so can anyone rembeer the question exactly cause i want to check what i wrote with my tutor but cause i did mod c first i have tos forgotten the question and also what the stimulus

thanks

welbeck11

HSC
DAMN! half way through my Mod A essay (frankenstein/blade runner) I realised I had the wrong position - I said although there are similarities, differences are more revealing....NO!

can I still get a decent mark even though the my position and argument was wrong? :S

Bells88

HSC
DAMN! half way through my Mod A essay (frankenstein/blade runner) I realised I had the wrong position - I said although there are similarities, differences are more revealing....NO!

can I still get a decent mark even though the my position and argument was wrong? :S
That's exactly what I did too...we can only hope...it'll depend on each teacher's marking standards (prepares to die)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad

The question said 'to what extent' so you could take any position on the question as long as you could back it up.

George121

HSC

lmao i spoke about how the differences in the characters appearances revealed more
im so stupid rofl

You should get marks if you justified what you said. Justify/to what extent means no right or wrong answer - just prove it

smalik

HSC
Can anyone quote the history and memory question?, im comparing it to the independent paper

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
Oh gosh for paper 1 I think I misinterpreted the essay question which is bad because my other sections will be worse. Paper 2 I think was better but you can never really tell. But both weren't my best - although chemistry was really good lol

HSC
lol hahaha for the frankenrunner one i said differences help reveal the similarities
The hamlet was was perfect for my prepared essay lol

George121

HSC
lol hahaha for the frankenrunner one i said differences help reveal the similarities
The hamlet was was perfect for my prepared essay lol
The question asked if they revealed more than similarities, though

Can you do that? Some people told me you had to manipulate your essay, not the question (i manipulated the question to suit my essay) xD

t-razz

HSC
Does anyone remember or have the questions? :( Our teachers aren't giving them to us for some reason ... they said its 'not available'

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone remember or have the questions? :( Our teachers aren't giving them to us for some reason ... they said its 'not available'
CSSA Terms and Conditions and copyright law prohibit them from giving the questions to you.

Please don't ask for the paper here either.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
CSSA Terms and Conditions and copyright law prohibit them from giving the questions to you.

Please don't ask for the paper here either.
What are you talking about? All my exams were CSSA and we got them all back (I'm sure others did too) + because a majority of my class didn't 'want' the english one, I just asked my teacher individually, and other people in my class did aswell...

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC
What are you talking about? All my exams were CSSA and we got them all back (I'm sure others did too) + because a majority of my class didn't 'want' the english one, I just asked my teacher individually, and other people in my class did aswell...
He meant posting the questions from the exam on here.

Muzy

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have CSSA advanced English papers i can ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)