Which Australian Prime Minister is better: Gough Whitlam or Julia Gillard? (1 Viewer)

Which Australian Prime Minister is better: Gough Whitlam or Julia Gillard?

• Total voters

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it is Rudd's very arrogance which will convince him that he can take back the leadership, sweep to victory and become a hero. He knows he's more popular than Abbott.
I'm more popular than Abbott.

I think everyone is.

It doesn't mean shit, and I think Krudd knows that.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it is Rudd's very arrogance which will convince him that he can take back the leadership, sweep to victory and become a hero. He knows he's more popular than Abbott.
Hahaha, will give you $100 if that happens

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
*pats lolsmith* sure sure Dearie
really though how do you go from being one of the most popular democratically elected leaders to a back bencher while your party is still in government

and then that same party literally falls apart even to the extent where rusted on voters are convinced they can't win the next election

that doesn't exactly scream competency though does it

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I'm more popular than Abbott.

I think everyone is.

It doesn't mean shit, and I think Krudd knows that.
Abbott is fairly popular actually. The only Labor politician who stands even a fighting chance of beating Abbott is Rudd.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
really though how do you go from being one of the most popular democratically elected leaders to a back bencher while your party is still in government

and then that same party literally falls apart even to the extent where rusted on voters are convinced they can't win the next election

that doesn't exactly scream competency though does it
Leaders aren't democratically elected, people elect MP's who then decide the leader, in that sense gillard was just as democratically elected as Rudd

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
am i the only one who thinks an abbott-greens coalition would be glorious

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
am i the only one who thinks an abbott-greens coalition would be glorious
I want to see a Liberal - One Nation (led by Pauline Hanson) coalition. Labor & the Greens are dying parties in Australia.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to see a Liberal - One Nation (led by Pauline Hanson) coalition. Labor & the Greens are dying parties in Australia.
Yes because one nation is winning plenty of seats in elections lately isn't it, it's not dying it's already dead

You are such an idiot

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Abbott is fairly popular actually. The only Labor politician who stands even a fighting chance of beating Abbott is Rudd.
Don't mistake the unpopularity of gillard for the popularity for abbot

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Leaders aren't democratically elected, people elect MP's who then decide the leader, in that sense gillard was just as democratically elected as Rudd
and this has absolutely nothing to do with my point ffs

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Christian, lets not do this again. Why cant you understand that i you post a comment, then you might get challenged on it even if it is tangential to your point. These are the risks of tangents. (although in this case the rudd comment was about half your post......)

Also your original point about incompetence was about gillard, as she is the current leader, Rudd being turfed was about his incompetence not hers. Now if you want to amend your original claim to the party as a whole being incompetent, then the rest of what you said is more valid).

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol seriously
And yes seriously - we accept the same premise for legislation. We elect MPs to
Vote on legislation, there's no difference to voting on the leader. Either both are democratic or neither. You could legitimately argue that gillard never had a mandate to be PM but that doesn't necescarily mean it is somehow un democratic.

Lentern

HSC
Also your original point about incompetence was about gillard, as she is the current leader, Rudd being turfed was about his incompetence not hers
Ha! More like it had to do with trade union hacks like Don Farrell and David Feeney resenting that they were being boxed out of the main policy deliberations.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ha! More like it had to do with trade union hacks like Don Farrell and David Feeney resenting that they were being boxed out of the main policy deliberations.
Oh ffs go join the liberal party then or the greens

M

MichelleV

Obviously Frank Forde was the greatest PM and if anybody contests this shame on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)