lmaooo its powlamo in his new hidden identity which is really obvious haha

loapowm

Banned
HSC
It is like a inside joke for old BoSer users

loapowm

Banned
HSC
haha really? what did you do you bad person?
Lots of things.

Back on topic. It is stupid to write a report for section 4- It really shows your inability to write an essay, which is pretty bad.

mike12345678

HSC
yea i would agree with that. traditionally its been a report then an essay so just stick to it. its essentially the same thing i guess same content just a different structure.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
yea i would agree with that. traditionally its been a report then an essay so just stick to it. its essentially the same thing i guess same content just a different structure.
The HSC business studies marker at my school (External HSC marker) said always for section 4 write an essay, however it shows your inability to respond to the question.

After all it says a extended response not a report. This means that the markers are looking for a essay

iamorbid

HSC
The HSC business studies marker at my school (External HSC marker) said always for section 4 write an essay, however it shows your inability to respond to the question.

After all it says a extended response not a report. This means that the markers are looking for a essay
Extended response is a long response....not a structure

Aysce

HSC
I agree with Pow, when it says extended response it definitely refers to providing an essay.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.a...usiness-studies-assessment-reporting-2012.pdf

Page 7

Time allowed: 3 hours plus 5 minutes reading time.
The paper will consist of four sections.
Section I (20 marks)
There will be objective-response questions worth 20 marks.
Section II (40 marks)
There will be four to six short-answer questions.
Questions may be in parts.
There will be approximately 12 items in total.
Section III (20 marks)
There will be one question that requires an extended response in a business report format.
This question will incorporate elements from across topics in the HSC course.
The expected length of response will be around six pages of an examination writing booklet
(approximately 800 words).
Section IV (20 marks)
There will be two extended-response questions.
Candidates will be required to answer one question.
Each question will be drawn from a different topic in the HSC course.
The expected length of response will be around six pages of an examination writing booklet
(approximately 800 words).
This.

The Syllabus says Section 3 will always be a report whilte Section 4 will always be a extended response

And since the BOS describes as extended response as long answers (i.e. essays) it would be a esay

loapowm

Banned
HSC
link to BOS definition of an extended response
On my phone so I will later

But thing about this. When you do other extended responses - in other subjects- do you write reports? No you don't

Ask examine. He will say the same thing I have, that section 4 should be a essay

randomnocity

HSC
our hsie coordinator said that section 3 must be a report, which is obvious, but section 4 it is recommended that it is written in report format, so all u do is answer it as an essay, but for each part of the question u just put it under a heading, and your intro becomes your exec summary

loapowm

Banned
HSC
our hsie coordinator said that section 3 must be a report, which is obvious, but section 4 it is recommended that it is written in report format, so all u do is answer it as an essay, but for each part of the question u just put it under a heading, and your intro becomes your exec summary
I have never heard a teacher say this.

findx

HSC
Different teachers will have different opinions on the Section IV format. When they are marking in the HSC, they will probably allow both formats.
I went to a business lecture held by two of the authors of Business Focus, both recommended an "Essay with headings"

Last edited:

randomnocity

HSC
Different teachers will have different opinions on the Section IV format. When they are marking in the HSC, they will probably allow both formats.
I went to a business lecture held by two of the authors of Business Focus, both recommended an "Essay with headings"
being exactly what i was told to write, u still write an essay but u just put each point under headings

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
The teachers which recommend the extended response to be written in report, are doing so for the speds in the class because it simplifies what the amount of thought they need to put in, in order to get a "band 4/5".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)