Dr Pepper's "I had good ranks and screwed them with trials" Club (1 Viewer)

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
anyone can do whatever prelim subject they like next year, there are no barriers. so anyone who hasn't done commerce in yr9/10 won't be barred from doing eco. btw eco is concerned about the economy and the labour market than some of the stuff they cover in yr 9 & 10 commerce so it's kinda different. I doubt your school would care about your commerce performance because in year 11 you have the freedom to choose whatever subjects you like :)
That's good to know :)

mazza mouse

HSC
Yep I'm screwed...was ranked 1st in half of my subjects and ranked above 5 in the rest and know I'm lucky to be in the top 10 :cry:

Apparently the trials are harder than the HSC exams, is that true?

Aysce

HSC
Yep I'm screwed...was ranked 1st in half of my subjects and ranked above 5 in the rest and know I'm lucky to be in the top 10 :cry:

In most cases but CSSA trials this year were much easier than the past ones so I doubt they'll be harder than HSC - neither on par.

eat_well

HSC
I COMPLETELY stuffed up biology.
I also dropped ranks in just about all of my subjects.
I need a miracle in my externals to achieve my atar.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A

It probably only seems that way because you have less time to prepare for them compared to the HSC.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I think I've done surprisingly well since I've done little to no study throughout - I'm 99% sure I've kept first in MX2 because of my huge gap, I'll probably drop 10 or so places in english though. As for MX1, I found the exam easy, but since there's like 2 marks between first and fifth, a few silly mistakes could cost me 10 places (although I realised it at the start of the year, so i'm okay with it).

That being said, I've got legal on wednesday and physics on thursday, which are my most content-heavy subjects. Right now, I probably know about 20% of the content for legal and maybe 50% for physics - I'm expecting dropping to 15-20 in legal and 3-4 in physics. Did I mention that I've only had one rehearsal for one of my music pieces? There goes third place.

The worst part is that right now, I don't even care. I know I should, and I want to, but I just don't.

Ph03nix

HSC
Well can't say I had good ranks to begin with, but probably screwed up my best 2 subjects and didn't improve in the rest so :/.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Its meant to be Sgt Peppers I think.
Yeah I was using the song title/album as inspiration, but I used Dr. as this thread is for commiserating and "healing". In my crazy mindset, it sounded catchier too haha (Trials frazzled my brains guys! Sorry!).

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah I was using the song title/album as inspiration, but I used Dr. as this thread is for commiserating and "healing". In my crazy mindset, it sounded catchier too haha (Trials frazzled my brains guys! Sorry!).
I can definitely see that.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Anyway the good thing about after trials is that we all can help each other as rankings don't really matter. We can attack the externals every way possible by sharing notes etc.

This will require strict planning, which I doubt I will follow...

Anyone else have any plans?

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I know how it feels :p
Bro, you're in year 10. Chill. When I was in year 10 instead of studying, i played halo 3. Instead of doing work in class, I spent an entire term building an awesome castle in minecraft on my craptop. Instead of worrying about my marks I spent all of my spare time thinking about girls. I'm not saying you should take it to those extremes, but you need to relax!

Anyway the good thing about after trials is that we all can help each other as rankings don't really matter. We can attack the externals every way possible by sharing notes etc.

This will require strict planning, which I doubt I will follow...

Anyone else have any plans?
I'm up for that. I'm not exactly any good at the whole "planning" thing though :p

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Bro, you're in year 10. Chill. When I was in year 10 instead of studying, i played halo 3. Instead of doing work in class, I spent an entire term building an awesome castle in minecraft on my craptop. Instead of worrying about my marks I spent all of my spare time thinking about girls. I'm not saying you should take it to those extremes, but you need to relax!
It's hard to relax :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)