Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (10 Viewers)

wildchild666

HSC
Its good. It tests speaking ability a lot more and eliminates a lot of people who get good marks by getting tutors to write stuff and memorising word for word- caution wild- MOST people will blank at some point in their speech. Don't be one of them. Know your content and memorise it almost word for word but you have to be able to also speak naturally in case you forget something.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. i got dis.

Thief

!!
HSC
But my essays were a bit sus.. managed to remember all my quotes/examples so I'm happy =)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Its good. It tests speaking ability a lot more and eliminates a lot of people who get good marks by getting tutors to write stuff and memorising word for word- caution wild- MOST people will blank at some point in their speech. Don't be one of them. Know your content and memorise it almost word for word but you have to be able to also speak naturally in case you forget something.
But...

tutors are good.

It's just a stupid task imo, since people will prepare anyway - it's just that they'll have to do 12 mins of memorising.

And so what is it, you come in on the day with 12 mins of your knowledge prepared and then they pull out a question of a hat from the 4 choices?

wildchild666

HSC
But...

tutors are good.

It's just a stupid task imo, since people will prepare anyway - it's just that they'll have to do 12 mins of memorising.

And so what is it, you come in on the day with 12 mins of your knowledge prepared and then they pull out a question of a hat from the 4 choices?
debatable.

HSC
Actually this is an interesting question- how much do you guys plan your english responses? Personally for me, I plan in my head in reading time and then pretty much write for the straight two hours (I think again for like a min in my head in between each essay).
Wow, I'll definitely try to aim for this

I try to write up a brief plan with the intro and body main points, plus working out how to fit in the main question. It worked for eco, but I guess not in English because of the time factor.

I guess I would have done better if I practiced writing the essays under exam conditions. For the second essay, we literally only learnt the stuff last week, only had a few days before today to prepare an actual essay :(

Not sure if srs
Srs

Why not? It's good practice, even though my hand will probably die.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
I don't think I'm able to top the grade.. lol.

Focusing on inner journeys.
With preparation you probs can (hey, if you get 15/15, they can't beat you :p)

And for related's, T.S Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" (a poem - my prescribed for my AOS) is pretty good, most Leunig cartoons are good.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Wow, I'll definitely try to aim for this

I try to write up a brief plan with the intro and body main points, plus working out how to fit in the main question. It worked for eco, but I guess not in English because of the time factor.

I guess I would have done better if I practiced writing the essays under exam conditions. For the second essay, we literally only learnt the stuff last week, only had a few days before today to prepare an actual essay :(

Srs

Why not? It's good practice, even though my hand will probably die.
You don't have the practice and expertise until you're in Year 12, and there's basically a 90% chance you'll falter.

By Year 12, it's less of a problem as your practice is 100 x more than Year 11, and you can write more without tiring quickly.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

And for related's, T.S Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" (a poem - my prescribed for my AOS) is pretty good, most Leunig cartoons are good.
That's what my maths teacher told my class because they were saying there is no point going for 1st lol.

HSC
You don't have the practice and expertise until you're in Year 12, and there's basically a 90% chance you'll falter.

By Year 12, it's less of a problem as your practice is 100 x more than Year 11, and you can write more without tiring quickly.
Ah fair enough

I'm probably just a masochist lol

wildchild666

HSC

inb4 sam li 16/15

wildchild666

HSC
also, legal studies yearly is only multiple choice and short answer questions. no essay. win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)