Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
The legal age for marriage is completely subjective. For a marriage to beo be islamically permissible, two major points must be satisfied:
1.Both to be wife and husband must have reached puberty
2.Both are freely willing to get married

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Something i want to point out, though i dont support the protest itself, from memory only one man was wearing a baklava, and yes those black, red and whites scarves that many men were wearing are part of the cultural Arab dressing

Frostbitten

HSC
Well as long as the woman has reached puberty at the age of 9 or 10, i don't see anything wrong with it. This is an opinion based matter. In some US states the legal age for marriage is as low as 14, in Australia its 18. Point being, the age of acceptance is an issue surrounded by what is morally accepted within society.
You are pretty much saying once she is biologically ready it doesn't matter despite the fact that a girl that age would have no idea of anything pretty much. Do you honestly think they are mentally capable of deciding if they want to be screwed by a 40 year old man or not at that age? The age of consent in Australia is 16 because it is recognised that people of that age have a bit of a developed mentality about them, no one of the ages of 9 and 10 have the ability to comprehend something like this. This is one of the things which gives Islam a bad name, because of radical beliefs like this people hold onto.

Peccadillo

HSC
Since when was a placard with a threatening slogan a form of violence. It may be a form of provocation.. but I fail to see your evidence? Furthermore this child is an exception.

Most "moderate muslims" (or whatever term you feel comfortable with) do not agree with the extreme sentiments conveyed in such placards. There were also many peaceful and non-threatening placards which of course do not make headlines and of course you do not take notice of.

Edit: You surely acknowledge this is a minority?

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
the problem is religion, people seem to think that a higher power is willing them to do immoral acts hence they dont see anything wrong with what they're doing.

H

hobozforlife

Most "moderate muslims" (or whatever term you feel comfortable with) do not agree with the extreme sentiments conveyed in such placards. There were also many peaceful and non-threatening placards which of course do not make headlines and of course you do not take notice of.

7eleven

HSC
N/A
"Do you honestly think they are mentally capable of deciding if they want to be screwed by a 40 year old man or not at that age?" Again something highly subjective. Your own opinion on this is strongly influenced by social ethics. Again, if a 20 year old girl out of free will, likes to maryy a 90 year old man, she is more than happy to do so. We are no one to deem such marriage socially unacceptable.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well as long as the woman has reached puberty at the age of 9 or 10, i don't see anything wrong with it. This is an opinion based matter. In some US states the legal age for marriage is as low as 14, in Australia its 18. Point being, the age of acceptance is an issue surrounded by what is morally accepted within society.
Interested to know if the other muslims here support the above view.

RANK 1

HSC
the people at the top, i.e pope etc has probably seen through the facade of religion but understand that religion is the easiest medium to influence and control the masses, hence they carry on the pretensions of piety and religious devotion and why not they pretty much control the whole thing and they earn enormous amounts of wealth from it.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yes obviously everyone understands this venn diagram, there's no need to keep repeating it ad nauseum.

RishBonjour

HSC
its still going on..

@lolsmith. m8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw903mGrkKY

heres your proof for media portraying muslims in a wrong way ALL THE TIME.
(i don't support the protests, i think its fucking stupid, pointless and disgraceful - so does every other muslim guy/girl I know - THOSE people there are just looking for something to "fight for religion"- when there is nothing.

FreeLearner

HSC
Please stop hating on Muslims, the more you provoke them and hate them, the more they fear the rest of society and the more trouble you will cause. In the end Athiests fear death, most religious people don't so your fighting a losing battle, by the looks of it, some people are trying to cause a "holocaust #2" - Islamaphobia is starting to look like Nazi Germany. So rather than preaching all this hatred, get to know a religion and its followers before inciting all this hatred. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)