• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

bleakarcher

HSC
You both probably did Exam Choice.
Yeah I thought my teacher bought my paper. It's the reason she still hasn't given it back, it's on security period.

EDIT, you were referring to their physics paper lol.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Mathematics Tutoring @ Hurstville - especially if you get the 98+ in 3U and 95+ in 4U which everyone is expecting you to :)
Lemme rephrase paid jobs. Currently I have $500 in my piggy bank. I don't care what marks I get, i'ma still tutor later in life.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yeah I thought my teacher bought my paper. It's the reason she still hasn't given it back, it's on security period.

EDIT, you were referring to their physics paper lol.
What tends to happen in Year 11 is that they order the paper or cut and paste past commerical papers. In Year 12 they usually start to make their exams.

Note: It is extremely difficult and time consuming for teachers to make a "perfect" exam.

bleakarcher

HSC
So, how are we feeling for Year 12?
lol tbh I'm going to give it a similar approach as to year 11, obviously study more, concentrate on my weaker subjects now that I've identified them. But yeah, basically try to keep myself calm and not worry too much.

deswa1

HSC
lol tbh I'm going to give it a similar approach as to year 11, obviously study more, concentrate on my weaker subjects now that I've identified them. But yeah, basically try to keep myself calm and not worry too much.
This is good. Don't kill yourself with stress and you'll be fine.

And remember you've always got Team BOS to help with questions if you need it

theind1996

HSC
N/A
So, how are we feeling for Year 12?
Kinda worried, but mostly pumped.

Planning to be one of the snakes that come out of the bush.

Starting early, already 1/2way through Eco, Chem and Legal Module 1 and started Belonging essay and creative - also been doing some maffs (reviewing prelim + finishing binomal and circle geo these hols).

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The social's the perfect thing after a 'poor' performance (if you think so) because it'll take your mind off it.

And I'm not happy. I caught the early bus on the way back from USyd that stops like 700m from my house instead of waiting for the one that stops 30m from my house. I get off the bus and its bucketting with rain. And I've got a heavy backpack. And there's a hill. And I didn't have an umbrella. That run was painful :(
My shitty performance:
- Questions asks for Vertex and Focus of a parabola. Only found vertex and didn't even notice focus in the question. 1 precious mark gone.
- Some shitty silly I know for sure - 1 mark again
- There was a chord of contact section (CHORD OF CONTACT WAS NEVER IN THE PAST PAPERS, EVEN PALMER SAID IT WAS RARE SO I DIDNT STUDY IT MUCH)..... 9 marks worth.... Optimistically I can get like 5 or 6 for the whole section? So let's say 4 marks gone.

6 marks AND counting (unidentified sillies)

It's out of 66 I think. 60/66 is the 90% that I want but... looks like it might end up like the first assessment where I miss out again...

Sorry man, disappointed team BoS and most importantly, disappointed myself once again. Forever, a one-time wonder.

This might even affect my Economics performance... I just want to wing Economics now... no motivation at all....

starshine02

HSC
My shitty performance:
- Questions asks for Vertex and Focus of a parabola. Only found vertex and didn't even notice focus in the question. 1 precious mark gone.
- There was a chord of contact section (CHORD OF CONTACT WAS NEVER IN THE PAST PAPERS, EVEN PALMER SAID IT WAS RARE SO I DIDNT STUDY IT MUCH)..... 9 marks worth.... Optimistically I can get like 5 or 6 for the whole section? So let's say 4 marks gone.

It's out of 66 I think. 60/66 is the 90% that I want but... looks like it might end up like the first assessment where I miss out again...

Sorry man, disappointed team BoS and most importantly, disappointed myself once again. Forever, a one-time wonder.

This might even affect my Economics performance... I just want to wing Economics now... no motivation at all....
I think it should be alright and you should stop beating yourself over it! I know you still want to do well but maybe your marks will come back and it won't even be that bad! And if they are, then it'll probably just motivate you to do so much better in Year 12 when it actually counts. So just go to your social and enjoy it. I don't think I did that well in my yearlies either but I'm still going to go to my social and have fun. And if it makes a difference, in my 3U maths exam, I skipped a minimum of 3 parts in each of the questions and I still didn't finish the paper. I'm pretty sure I've list 20% of the paper for not attempting the questions already :\

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it should be alright and you should stop beating yourself over it! I know you still want to do well but maybe your marks will come back and it won't even be that bad! And if they are, then it'll probably just motivate you to do so much better in Year 12 when it actually counts. So just go to your social and enjoy it. I don't think I did that well in my yearlies either but I'm still going to go to my social and have fun. And if it makes a difference, in my 3U maths exam, I skipped a minimum of 3 parts in each of the questions and I still didn't finish the paper. I'm pretty sure I've list 20% of the paper for not attempting the questions already :\
I defs will. It's probably the only thing that can cheer me up in the end.

It's just that this performance was truly disappointed compared to my previous 3U exam performance. I just couldn't maintain the standard... nor the consistency....

deswa1

HSC
My shitty performance:

Bro trust- 90% in 3U is a great mark. Do you know how others went? Its highly likely that everyone else found it hard (I'll talk to some peeps and find out).

And where do 9 marks on chord of contact come from? WTF?

Good luck for eco BTW :)

What tends to happen in Year 11 is that they order the paper or cut and paste past commerical papers. In Year 12 they usually start to make their exams.

Note: It is extremely difficult and time consuming for teachers to make a "perfect" exam.
A lot of schools also do this in year 12 (assuming your school doesn't use a complete commercial paper). I know our 4U trial was an amalgamation of questions from the 70's and 80's but they were so far back that no one had seen them before. Our economics trial was a mis-mash of 2012 independent and previous independent papers (recent though- like 2009) so if I had been bothered to analyse all the papers, I would have seen the questions lol.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Bro trust- 90% in 3U is a great mark. Do you know how others went? Its highly likely that everyone else found it hard (I'll talk to some peeps and find out).

A lot of schools also do this in year 12 (assuming your school doesn't use a complete commercial paper). I know our 4U trial was an amalgamation of questions from the 70's and 80's but they were so far back that no one had seen them before. Our economics trial was a mis-mash of 2012 independent and previous independent papers (recent though- like 2009) so if I had been bothered to analyse all the papers, I would have seen the questions lol.
Our 4U tasks/assessments were 1980s-2011s paper, the rest were legit.

enoilgam

HSC
This is good. Don't kill yourself with stress and you'll be fine.

And remember you've always got Team BOS to help with questions if you need it
Very true, especially whats in bold. Rivalry, if things do go bad, just look over what went wrong, learn from it and move on from there. Its only year 11, so you have time to learn from failures.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Very true, especially whats in bold. Rivalry, if things do go bad, just look over what went wrong, learn from it and move on from there. Its only year 11, so you have time to learn from failures.
Only problem is that even if I learn from my failures, perform better in the next test. I'll still end up screwing up in a later test. That trend has been evident this year.

In fact, in my junior years, I usually do much better in the half-yearlies then decline when I hit the yearlies... only exception was like Year 9?

Consistency has always been a problem for me. It'll still be a problem for me in Year 12 realistically.

I said I WANTED 60/66 (90%) in 3U but not sure if I will get it or not. I've already lost 5 to 6 marks for sure and counting. But, I will for sure not live up to my previous reputation and everyone's expectations this time.

I hope I do well in Economics to make up for it. I don't think I can handle another disappointing performance.

I reckon MOST of the grade would have found the test pretty hard. I found the test harder than your year's one but that's just me.

But I expect someone to get like 64/66 or so. I doubt anyone will get 100% though but who knows....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)