So apparently they are getting rid of Belonging... (3 Viewers)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
It is important that they change it every 5 or so years. There is already so much information on belonging online, such as theisis, essays, etc. It is an easy topic to analyse and find related texts for. IMO, a 45/45 in 2015 (edit) would be more impressive than a 45/45 in 2012.
Not necessarily, if Belonging is easier, everyone finds it easier and hence in order to maintain some sort of bell curve, even if you are absolutely right about whatever Belonging it is, if its not deep enough compared to the top of the year people then you are going to get 'scaled' down for it (not literally but you will be shunned down)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
It's good that 2013'ers do Belonging.

The more years it's been going for, the more resources available on it :D

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yes, but all the available notes apply to every one as well. What I'm saying is that it evens out, there's no real benefit.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
If anyone is seriously considering under-the-table notes dealings for HSC, you need to reconsider your goals in life.
Chill, I was referring to notes from family friends/cousins that others don't have access to...

Rohanco

HSC
Do you think that markers might go a little easier when marking whatever the 2015 module is going to be, because it's a new thing and no one would be quite used to it by then?

iPhone4

HSC
N/A
I was talking about this with my english teacher, and she said:

The 2014ers will find it hard as there are no past notes or guidelines or examples to gain ideas from, however
thhe 2014ers will find it better as there is more opportunity for originality, because if they did belonging it is harder and harder each year to be original.

I have to agree.

However, I would rather do belonging and I am the last year to do it :)

tomp1612

HSC
Re: So apparently their getting rid of Belonging...

New syllabus for those taking the HSC in 2014 is what I'm hearing.
that is so bullshit, put up with belonging crap and now they're taking it away, so messed up by the DET

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
They do it so there's less chances of plagiarism and copying of past essays and stories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)