General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Airstrike

HSC
Yeee, its was the most easiest paper that i have ever done

YES, I WAS JUST FUCKING KIDDING, its was fucking hard and really stupid as a whole.... The unseen text was fucking stupid and its was far more ghey than ponies fucking each other.... the creative was also fucking stupid, yes.... why the fuck make a story on a kid on a swing.... all 5 were really fucking ghey, far more ghey than unseen text and ponies fucking each other, and i didn't even follow any of them, so i created some random story how the 5 stimulus is really ghey and ponies..... Then came part 3, which is was less that impressive, but eh... at least its not ghey....

Overall, that exam was suck and die followed up with too much gheyness in it....... hope paper 2 hasn't have too much gheyness in it......
you made my day man!

Yindi

HSC
We already do 4 hours of english which is more than any other subject, I doubt anyone would be happy if they made the exam longer.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Went pretty well. Wrote a bit more than I did in Trials for each section do I was quite happy with that.

Section 1 was good, creative stimulus was easy enough to incorporate, but I did that section last so the end was a little bit rushed. Essay was good, could've worded myself a bit better at times but the question wasn't too difficult.

Overall I'm quite happy. Didn't find it particularly hard.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I swear that paper was similar to 2012 CSSA question
That is because it was virtually EXACTLY the same to the CSSA paper. So much so that even the 4th question mirrored the CSSA paper...

Honest opinion, paper was too easy. The only difficult part was paper 1, and even then I didn't find it that hard. Not sure about how the other prescribed texts dealt with that, but that question was perfect for Romulus, My Father.

Keelan134

HSC
Alright,
I went section 3,2,1 did these amounts of booklets respectively 2,2,1
I do immigrant chronicle and was really praying on something I could use postcard and folk museum
Time made me do ancestors and feliks. If I had have prepped more for 10 Mary st and st.pats I woulda romped it. Rt was all about immersion through expatriation, it was rank with bs, took me 50 mins

Section 2 I prepped a story about two brothers growing up in Germany from 30s to 40's and how their world was perfect and then nazi propaganda changed one of the brothers identity and their relationship faltered. Worked good for time but couldn't really pick a stimulus. I chose the kids in a circle and even wrote image 3 on my response. But reading this there was apparently an image with two brothers???? Btw what was with the chick in the cafe?. Got this out in 40 mins

Had 30 mins for section 1 rushed through it. Didn't see papa, or I did but I was too busy scanning it for techniques to correlate it to the sc 2010.
Didn't get to do q5, wrote two dot points down so could scrape a 2 if I'm lucky. Never liked sect 1
For the imagery I said the traffic island where he could hear the music sounding like a larksong represented his past memories but when he crossed to the mainland or present day, he couldn't see it anymore meaning that the past only remains a minority aspect of the present, thus transitory nature of belonging or some bs. Shoulda sounded like he was in Amsterdam or John Lennon the amount of LSD he was on

Reckon ill go fine, and it really helps that a lot of you we're in the same boat, best of luck for section 2

stuffmattsays

HSC
Was eh. 3 pages for Unseen Texts, 3 for Creative and 5 for Essay - not enough time! Should make it 2.5 hours :(

deswa1

HSC
How much does your story have to be based around the picture for it to qualify as "central idea"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)