General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

micwes12

HSC
I was quite put off by the stimulus for the creative. So I quickly checked the rubric and it didn't say that we will be marked on our ability to use the stimulus as a central idea. So i just sorta mentioned it in there a bit...screw having it as the central point lol
Um I think that the fact that the QUESTION said it had to be a central idea kinda makes it self-explanatory. I guess they figure most people can work it out? Of course it doesn't specifically say it has to be a central idea, some years they don't say that and they just recycle the same rubric every year.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
I was quite put off by the stimulus for the creative. So I quickly checked the rubric and it didn't say that we will be marked on our ability to use the stimulus as a central idea. So i just sorta mentioned it in there a bit...screw having it as the central point lol
The stimulus for the creative is pretty much what my whole story is about. This is why I never bother making a prepared one.

Esmerelda49

HSC
For all those complaining about the creative, why didn't you just interpret the pictures metaphorically? My teacher said they like that stuff. :)

smskasper

HSC
I think the test was really hard and as I studied peter sckrzynecki as prescribed text which had really less to do with time made it even weird!

HSC
My prepared one was nothing like it at all...( i used the two shoes one) so i tried to use it as a recurring motif.....I hope the markers pick it up................

wierdowackjob

HSC
the stimulus was so easy in that exam haha there were 5 images to pick from, surely you could have come up with an idea from one of those pictures, i thought it was a fairly easy exam :)

Esmerelda49

HSC
I said loss of identity from the shoes one. I hope i aced my creative, because i completely screwed up my essay. I wrote it in like 25 minutes. :S

lolcakes52

HSC
The essay was basically how does ones understanding of belonging at the conclusion differ from that of the introduction. Easy peasy. Destroyed it.

Creative was a cake walk, ripped it up with image 4.

comprehension was harder, obscure in some regards, but doable.

tara1794

HSC
It was easy...all the questions were good and straightforward plus the creative was pretty broad :)

laurenlulz

HSC
Went in there with a creative writing piece about a man in a nursing home reflecting on the fun times he used to have by the lake with his best friend when they were kids....cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeering

DrWho94

HSC
For Creative writing how strict are they on the stimulus because the image with the boy and the grandpa in front of a lake I interpreted it as in from of a sea.

MustBeWizadry

HSC
N/A
I think it was alright on the whole because of the fluidity of the questions. Although, I left myself only 20 minutes to do the first section (left it last).... so that would have lost me some marks for sure.
Now I am stressing for the next english testttttttt!!!!! Wish I didn't leave all my studying till the last minute (Seems I'll never learn).

MustBeWizadry

HSC
N/A
I know someone who did that to so you're not alone.
For Creative writing how strict are they on the stimulus because the image with the boy and the grandpa in front of a lake I interpreted it as in from of a sea.

DrWho94

HSC
But do they care or what they want is the main principles - i.e. boy and grandpa and water

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
For all those complaining about the creative, why didn't you just interpret the pictures metaphorically? My teacher said they like that stuff. :)
I made a story on how gay all these images are...... hope i get 15/15

Harry96

HSC
I found it really quite easy. Nailed the short response. Nailed the creative. Not as good on essay, but not bad :)

vbv

HSC
What is the aim in having a 2hr paper? Do they want to see how much we can write be we breakk our wrists? Such a joke. A girl in my writes innately fast so she has 10minutes more than everyone which means the world as bos likes 5 sec exams
I know right? I really think it should be 2.5 or 3 hours if they want our best responses

shumit

Prayboy
HSC
if my handwriting wasn't shit. Would have raped that exam.
The essay was perfect for dickinson.
But only ended up writing around 750 words for essay.
Fml. The answer paper was so slippery.

Overall, just failed my hsc.
hahahaha riashad

mrcomplex

HSC
People are saying the kid in the poem died? Like wtf? What makes them think this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)