Anyone need help? (3 Viewers)

cornchips1

HSC
ok thank you! just getting a bit confused.. so the tRNA anticodons match onto the codons on the mRNA during the ribosome stage? it doesn't happen before that right?

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
You are brilliance, thank you!

Question: am I correct in my understanding of the immune response?

Pathogen enters body and is recognised by the macrophages due to thre presence of foreign markers on cell body, phagocytosis occurs and it is engulfed, it's debris displayed on the surface of the macrophage to alert T cells to initiate the immune response. Recognising this, T cells release interleukins causing the rapid production of B cells which differentiate to plasma cells to produce antibodies and T killer cells are produced to destroy the threat. T helper cells are produced to promote the activity of B and T cells and once teh threat is removed, T suppressor cells bring the immune response to a stop. Memory B and T cells have been produced during this process for fast combat upon reexposure to the pathogen.

Is this right?
That's a great summary & understanding in my opinion.

madharris

HSC
N/A

Pathogen enters body and is recognised by the macrophages due to thre presence of foreign markers on cell body, phagocytosis occurs and it is engulfed, it's debris displayed on the surface of the macrophage to alert T cells to initiate the immune response. Recognising this, T cells release interleukins causing the rapid production of B cells which differentiate to plasma cells to produce antibodies and T killer cells are produced to destroy the threat. T helper cells are produced to promote the activity of B and T cells and once teh threat is removed, T suppressor cells bring the immune response to a stop. Memory B and T cells have been produced during this process for fast combat upon reexposure to the pathogen.

Is this right?
That should be fine

madharris

HSC
N/A
ok thank you! just getting a bit confused.. so the tRNA anticodons match onto the codons on the mRNA during the ribosome stage? it doesn't happen before that right?
that's correct

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
i was going through a past paper that asked for an experiment demonstrating the frequency, wavelength etc of a sound wave. does anyone remember doing anything about this? i certainly didnt.
Thisis in communication, with reference to sound waves: increased frequency=increased pitch viceversa, increased amplitude=increased loudness of the sound vice versa, wavelenth inversely proportional to frequency=determines how far the sound travels, i.e. short wavelength=short distance vice versa :)

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad

Is this right?
Interleukin 2 to be exact ahahah :), note that B cells also possess MHC 2, thus are able to present antigens to T cells

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
can someone briefly describe the role and what the third line of defense is? just need to double check, not sure if my notes are legit.

teeah

HSC
@louieelouiee + @madharris

#winning! Thanks guys :)

@TheOptimist
Okay thanks :)

Is anyone else starting to feel a bit nervous? :/

madharris

HSC
N/A

No problem. Naa I'm not that nervous, just need to fill a few gaps in my knowledge

louielouiee

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad

@TheOptimist
Okay thanks :)

I'm tired actually. Probs going to get some sleep, get up around 6am and study!

I'll be nervous as soon as they sit me down in that chair before starting the exam and when they read us our 'rights.'

madharris

HSC
N/A
Bro you can easily get band 6 imo :)
Thanks, hopefully I can. You'll definitely get one as well

Gonna go to sleep soon and wake up at 4, to do some last minute cramming. I work best in the morning

teeah

HSC
No problem. Naa I'm not that nervous, just need to fill a few gaps in my knowledge
The gap thing is what's making me nervous lol.

I'm tired actually. Probs going to get some sleep, get up around 6am and study!

I'll be nervous as soon as they sit me down in that chair before starting the exam and when they read us our 'rights.'
For some reason, I always feel oddly relaxed at that time lol.

madharris

HSC
N/A
what's the difference b/w tRNA and mRNA?
just read over my notes:
mRNA is a ribonucleic acid which carries information from DNA in the nucleus to ribosomes in the cytoplasm

tRNA is a ribonucleic acid consisting of a single strand, which brings amino acids to the ribosome to be linked together. Each tRNA contains an anticodon which is complementary to a codon on the mRNA

louielouiee

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
What's everyone's plan of attack tomorrow?

Personally I'm going to skim through the paper for about 2mins, then spend a fair amount of time thinking about the large 7/8 markers.
Then I'm going to work through the paper with those in mind, and do all those big markers last. Hopefully I can finish everything except those with about an hour to go.

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
What's everyone's plan of attack tomorrow?

Personally I'm going to skim through the paper for about 2mins, then spend a fair amount of time thinking about the large 7/8 markers.
Then I'm going to work through the paper with those in mind, and do all those big markers last. Hopefully I can finish everything except those with about an hour to go.
I'm going to sit down, stare at the exam I've been preparing my whole year for, and completely rip it apart, won't stop for 3 hours and attempt to flood the markers with information

louielouiee

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
What's the 3rd line of defense?
Huge ass dot point.

It is a SPECIFIC immune response.

Consists of antibodies, T-cells (cytotoxic, helper, supressor & memory) and B-cells (plasma & memory)

T & B cells interact during this process.

Look a couple pages back, @teeah explained this perfectly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)