General Thoughts: IPT (1 Viewer)

nifkeh

HSC
honestly though, this years paper isn't that hard, it seems quite easy. I did multimedia & TPS for my options last year, and this years sections on those were really straightforward.

but I think the core was a little harder than the options itself, multiple choice wasn't that hard

note: I didn't sit for this paper, I just looked at the scan :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
honestly though, this years paper isn't that hard, it seems quite easy. I did multimedia & TPS for my options last year, and this years sections on those were really straightforward.

but I think the core was a little harder than the options itself, multiple choice wasn't that hard

Wow, smart girl :). Already doing hsc papers.

geraldobananas

HSC
If you sat the exam after spending weeks studying all the technical bullshit in the syllabus you would know how much it hurt to see the questions they gave... I reckon that the sam davis idiot had something to do with this exam

_Arsenal_

HSC

We are not saying it was hard, we are saying that instead of testing your technical knowledge of the subject, they just asked you a lot of logic based questions.

quoi

HSC
I don't think I did too well, I pretty much made up the answers for most of the 5 mark questions because I didn't understand what they were asking for :(

geraldobananas

HSC
I don't think I did too well, I pretty much made up the answers for most of the 5 mark questions because I didn't understand what they were asking for :(
Yeah same and I FU#*#*#$ my schema ): ... Oh well

Premium Member
HSC
Sounds to me like the IPT paper was a LOT like the one I did last year - and not in a good way. Lots of BS that didn't test the whole syllabus. I mean, a full question on a global positioning system (iirc), when there is only like 1 dot point on it in the syllabus - who saw that coming?

Anyways, if you just BS'd the exam with a good knowledge of the syllabus you should be fine. I went into it with 1 hour study and got a band 6.

Abbyskies

HSC
N/A
Quick question: Does IPT scale ridiculously poorly, how bad are we talking? If I were to get an 80 (prediction) would it be scaled into a 70?

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Quick question: Does IPT scale ridiculously poorly, how bad are we talking? If I were to get an 80 (prediction) would it be scaled into a 70?
If you were to get an 80 as a raw in the exam... then that raw would probs scale to low 90's and you would end up getting a band 6 which will scale. However, if you are talking about 80 being the final... after moderation and everything... that 80 would go down to 70.85 in the atar calculator... this will have a huge impact in your atar.
IPT only scales well if you get a band 6 as your final... that is 90+ after moderation and scaling of raw marks

EDIT: Just realised that it still scales down even if you get 91.. only starts to scale from 92+... fml.. I'm so screwed :(
But hopefully it scales well this year because there were some changes made from previous standards of paper... This year's paper was way out of syllabus and focused on one's understanding rather than cramming... so I think the scaling might change for the better...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)