The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

the way to go

HSC
m
My contract just had my hours on it. It also had a few different sets of terms, which we ticked the appropriate set for the contract. For example, something along the lines of

* This is a contract for permanent set of hours for part-time.

* This is a temporary contract for a set of hours, commencing from 14/10/2012 to 17/4/3077.

(there were more options, those were the only two I can remember)

Then it just had the hours I'm contracted for written underneath. No other terms or anything on it at all, except obviously my name, store, employee number, etc... and the Woolies logo :)
ours don't even have the terms to check or anything , just " i, [name] from [store No] under the _____ agreement... non specific vague easily forgettable crap" then a grid with each day if the week with the hours for each day, employee sign, manager sign. nothing about pay rate or terms of employment.

newcastle2

HSC
m

ours don't even have the terms to check or anything , just " i, [name] from [store No] under the _____ agreement... non specific vague easily forgettable crap" then a grid with each day if the week with the hours for each day, employee sign, manager sign. nothing about pay rate or terms of employment.
Thats the one i signed and i convinced him to make it a temporary contract (because i wasnt sure i could deal with the amount of hours he wanted me to work) and he made it for review in a few months. Can i ask him to review it now? and thanks everyone for your advice:)

Last edited:

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
For those wondering, the rebranded BWS stores were MEANT to be running exactly the same, however, they've found, and I quote, a "loophole" which means anyone who works part/full time in BWS is covered by the BWS workplace agreement and not the Woolworths one. Anyone who's a manager or 2IC in Liquor will not be able to work normal store departments anymore, and will be constrained to the BWS agreement and BWS hours. A few people at my store were affected and given the choice of continuing in BWS, but being unable to work normal store hours, or returning to the normal store and giving up BWS full time hours.

nanakid12

HSC
The new Wolli Creek store opened on thursday. It has some really cool features, such as ipads for customer assistance on the end of the aisles.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/fresh...ind-the-vegemite/story-e6frea6u-1226493173722

I should also add its in Sydney even though that article is from an Adelaide paper
WOW! That store looks awesome :)

For those wondering, the rebranded BWS stores were MEANT to be running exactly the same, however, they've found, and I quote, a "loophole" which means anyone who works part/full time in BWS is covered by the BWS workplace agreement and not the Woolworths one. Anyone who's a manager or 2IC in Liquor will not be able to work normal store departments anymore, and will be constrained to the BWS agreement and BWS hours. A few people at my store were affected and given the choice of continuing in BWS, but being unable to work normal store hours, or returning to the normal store and giving up BWS full time hours.
So does that mean it's only for managers and 2ic in liquor? Or all part-time/full-time employees?

Time to go to work.

nanakid12

HSC
I'm fairly sure I'm going to stab someone soon if I hear that "Cats need their food in room temperature and in a clean bowl, blah blah blah Fancy Feasts".

Seriously! They interject that ad at least every two songs, it is seriously starting to get to me.

EDIT: Wow, what happened to all the pages?

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Big conflict at our store for no reason other than one of our operators not getting promoted to a supervisor. She's apparently keeping a diary complete with everything the other supervisors do, and anything negative, she puts in. For example, if we are doing "nothing" at the service desk for even three meagre seconds, she writes it in. Anything negative about all other staff apparently go in there. Our SM has been away for a few weeks, so she can't complain about us until he gets back.

Also, I'm fairly sure I hurt my back at work, I woke up one morning and it was paining the fuck outta me. I go to work and tell them, and they're like "Awwww, you okay?" "Yeah, I should manage" (thinking they'll give me light jobs and maybe some time OFF registers). What do you know, I'm stuck on there all afternoon. Remember me saying I'm quite tall? Yeah, they don't make the registers high enough for me. It's hard maintaining straight posture when the register is down at your crotch. Okay, maybe not that low, but still fairly low.
And then I'm sent out for trolley collection. And then they got pissed off at me for taking too long. GRRR.

There's also these random moodswings: everyone is happy, and all of a sudden, everyone is generally fucked off about nothing. For example, CSM was happy this afternoon explaining about new recruited staff, then later on, I tell him that there's customers waiting at the smokeshop while I'm serving on mains, I can see him swearing at me under his breath. Like wtf??

I'M ON THE VERGE, MAN!!!
I've lately just been getting drunk by myself to end the week. Isn't that just awesome?

Now how's everyone else going?

Last edited:

sheepy111

HSC
N/A
when the interviewer asks "do you have any questions to ask me?" what should i say? i want to sound enthusiatic about the job but at the same time i dont want to sound overconfident like i alraedy got the job

HSC
when the interviewer asks "do you have any questions to ask me?" what should i say? i want to sound enthusiatic about the job but at the same time i dont want to sound overconfident like i alraedy got the job
It is retail. Nothing is really needed to be said.

Ask any geniune questions.

somegronk

HSC
Ask them where the nearest exit is.

Haha but yeah, I guess you could ask them about career progression i.e. what is on offer to employees to further their career at woolies.

britto89

HSC
Ask the question "Ask where does it go from here and if I get the job. Is their a probationary period or trial period, etc.?"

It may sound like a silly question but can lead into a discussion about the probationary period and is an easy way to find out how much you will get paid without having to ask it bluntly.

britto89

HSC
Ask the question "Where does it go from here and if I get the job. Is their a probationary period or trial period, etc.?"

It may sound like a silly question but can lead into a discussion about the probationary period and is an easy way to find out how much you will get paid without having to ask it bluntly.

the way to go

HSC
@nanakid fuck, that woman sounds like a bitch and a complete sore loser. that's just pathetic, how old is she? and from now on, give her all the shitty jobs because "you can't be supervisor unless you're an expert in EVERYTHING" and if you see her writing in her diary ask her why she's not working instead, because she's not getting paid for journal entries.

as for the back stuff, did you lodge a report? just tell them that it hurts, and don't just shrug it off cause then it seems like its not that serious, that's why you still got all the crap jobs.

in my interview I just said "um no, I think you've answered everything already actually" she seemd to like that.

my store is getting so fucking stingy that its not even funny anymore. it's seriously pathetic.

nanakid12

HSC
@nanakid fuck, that woman sounds like a bitch and a complete sore loser. that's just pathetic, how old is she? and from now on, give her all the shitty jobs because "you can't be supervisor unless you're an expert in EVERYTHING" and if you see her writing in her diary ask her why she's not working instead, because she's not getting paid for journal entries.

as for the back stuff, did you lodge a report? just tell them that it hurts, and don't just shrug it off cause then it seems like its not that serious, that's why you still got all the crap jobs.
She really is, she's one of the older staff. She's been in our store since it opened, and was booted from the deli for causing shit over there. She's been on checkouts ever since. She doesn't keep the diary on her at work, she must write it at home, literally no joke, when she isn't seving she just stands at her register, watching us at the service desk. Makes me feel very uncomfortable.

She got up me the other day because I hadn't filled bags the night before. Firstly, you are not the manager, this does not concern you. Second, I didn't fill bags because it was fucking busy as fuck, and because it is such a petty matter, I didn't think they would care the next morning, considering it is left like that all the time when I open. GRR.

How do I lodge a report about my back? The pain is sorta, slowly fading away now, although it still hurts a little bit. We have to report something like that don't we?
I think I must have done it somehow when pushing trollies: our strap is broken, so I just push them without it (very dangerously, and unsafetly) and sometimes when it's quiet I push like 20 at a time. Would I be covered if something did happen? I am, TECHNICALLY not following their safety stuff. But they're making no effort to get a new strap, or tell me off... so... yeah. Yeah, it's my fault ha.

my store is getting so fucking stingy that its not even funny anymore. it's seriously pathetic.
Stingy as in rostering hardly anyone on, expecting you to make your customer the number one priority, do every job and get out on time? Or a different reason...

quick90

HSC
I'm dropping my hours from FT to PT, & was told today that I need to write them a letter to say that I approve of this!
Anyone want to help me out with this one, not exactly sure how I should word it? :)

nanakid12

HSC
(Date)

To whom it may concern,

I approve for my full time contract to be altered to part time, with specified hours on my contract.

Kindest regards,

(Your signature)
quick90

Also, iMathew, she's the sort of woman who loves doing all the jobs. Even cleaning mats and stuff.
She just wants to be a supervisor to have the upper hand again. She is not getting it though, if its even considered, I will talk him out of it.

nanakid12

HSC
(Date)

To whom it may concern,

I approve for my full time contract to be altered to part time, with specified hours on my contract.

Kindest regards,

(Your signature)
quick90

Also, iMathew, she's the sort of woman who loves doing all the jobs. Even cleaning mats and stuff.
She just wants to be a supervisor to have the upper hand again. She is not getting it though, if its even considered, I will talk him out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)