The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

boris_noname

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I have a question.

So, if someone was to be a junior employee (eg. 16 years old) and be paid 50% of the regular, 38 hour week rate, and they turned 17 (usually 60% of the 38 hour week rate), but were getting paid at the 18 year old rate of 70%, basically they would be paid as if they were a year older. What would be the correct course of action for an employee in this situation? This is all hypothetical, of course

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I was browsing Storenet today and came across documents relating to Intelli-Safe, it's a system used to accept/dispense? money instead of manual handling, e.g. to stop robberies and such.
Do any stores actually use this yet? I haven't heard anything about it.

BSammy

HSC
I was browsing Storenet today and came across documents relating to Intelli-Safe, it's a system used to accept/dispense? money instead of manual handling, e.g. to stop robberies and such.
Do any stores actually use this yet? I haven't heard anything about it.
Hah, I actually saw that the other day too, no idea what it is, didn't have time to read it.

quick90

HSC
So these new uniforms (green plaid) that are being trialled are pretty cool! I'm guessing they are produce?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Ours was 9am-5pm and consisted of one long quizz which you answer in a group from various workplace DVD clips, etc. If yours is only 4 hours, thats a good thing!

Btw our deli members are wearing the nightfill polo's now because they're sick of dirtying their cotton tops. Deli needs their own uniform imo.

nalim

HSC
Starting my first shift next monday! Do you guys have your uniform on before you arrive at your store or do you change at the store? Also can nightfill people wear the other shirt (button up one) instead of the polo? I've been given nightfill but I want to work earlier hours later down the track (I think its called replenishment). I want to buy more shirts I don't want to buy more of the polo shirts if I can't wear that during earlier hours. Thanks.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Welcome to the team. You can wear your uniform to work, that is perfectly fine. Nightfill can wear the cotton shirt or the polo, the decision is completely up to you. The polo is just an option if you want to be more comfortable while working.

nanakid12

HSC
At my store it's usually the guys that are shit at all jobs, it all depends though. I get the most skilled people to do the jobs (mixture of both girls/guys), otherwise you're just running around in circles.
Yeah, well usually I just let whoever do whatever. Some people I leave on their register purely because they don't want to get off. But this lady stays on, and seems to think I have it out for her. Weird :S

Ours is supposed to be happening before Christmas :)

I hope we don't get new checkouts like these, they look weird!
(Thats the new Wolli Creek concept store - the story/pics are on AllYours)

That looks weird. Is it supposed to be so the customer can take their own bags? Or pack their own bags? It is a good idea though :)

So these new uniforms (green plaid) that are being trialled are pretty cool! I'm guessing they are produce?

Looks good, hopefully they are JUST for produce. They give that sort of farmer-look, makes them look more Aussie.

Ours was 9am-5pm and consisted of one long quizz which you answer in a group from various workplace DVD clips, etc. If yours is only 4 hours, thats a good thing!
Induction was reduced down to four hours, apparently. They do four hours of safety and all that sorta stuff, then two three-hour training shifts in their own store of registers/nightfill/etc. Apparently the induction is now online? (as of this week) I wonder how that's going to work for people who don't have the Internet.

MONDAY EVENING, AAAAARGHHH!!! They had "Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday" on a loop all night, no other songs at all. I WAS READY TO STAB SOMEONE.

sheepy111

HSC
N/A
is it possible for woolworths to fire you after day one? i had a training shift a couple of days ago, i made a couple mistakes but nothing major. im kinda scared

BSammy

HSC
is it possible for woolworths to fire you after day one? i had a training shift a couple of days ago, i made a couple mistakes but nothing major. im kinda scared
everyone makes mistakes, don't stress. they'll understand that it was your first day surely.

also, you're new, so feel free to ask a question if you're not sure of something or if you think you've made or about to make another mistake.

sheepy111

HSC
N/A
everyone makes mistakes, don't stress. they'll understand that it was your first day surely.

also, you're new, so feel free to ask a question if you're not sure of something or if you think you've made or about to make another mistake.
thanks for responding. also when do u think ill be contacted about my next shift. the manager told me that i would be contacted shortly, what should i do if i dont hear back.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'm sure you'll hear back. There was a week between my training shift and my first rostered shift. If you haven't heard back in 1-2 weeks, then give your service manager a call.

nanakid12

HSC
Hey guys, I have a question. I supervised tonight, and half way thru my shift, one of my operators went out the back crying, and I sent one of her friends to comfort her. I asked if she was alright when she came back out, but she didn't let on much, so I shrugged it off.

Later in the night, the friend told me that she had got threatened over some personal matter (something to do with texting a boyfriend or something?) and that's what had upset her. The operator is nice girl.

Can we ban her from the store or anything for making these threats? Or do we have to wait until she does it again? Cause they are not work-related matters, but she is getting threatened at work, which is what pissed me off.

I'm going to discuss with the CSM in the morning about it, but just wanted to see what you guys think. Thanks!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Banning somebody is usually a painful process unless it is processed on the spot (e.g. by loss prevention who does the paperwork on the spot).
Basically, people need to be issued with ban notices, paperwork needs to be filed. Without that, they can come back at any time, a verbal message isn't enough.

Getting to that stage would require some dedicated pushing by the staff member

Clank_

HSC
Starting my first shift next monday! Do you guys have your uniform on before you arrive at your store or do you change at the store? Also can nightfill people wear the other shirt (button up one) instead of the polo? I've been given nightfill but I want to work earlier hours later down the track (I think its called replenishment). I want to buy more shirts I don't want to buy more of the polo shirts if I can't wear that during earlier hours. Thanks.

You can wear either shirt at any time during the day (unless you have a douchebag manager). The polo is far better even though it doesn't look as good as the button up, as it needs far less maintenance. It's such as pain having to iron the button up Coles shirt multiple times and it gets dirty so easily. I wouldn't bother getting additional shirts unless you're going to be working like 30+ hours a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)