The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Starting my first shift next monday! Do you guys have your uniform on before you arrive at your store or do you change at the store? Also can nightfill people wear the other shirt (button up one) instead of the polo? I've been given nightfill but I want to work earlier hours later down the track (I think its called replenishment). I want to buy more shirts I don't want to buy more of the polo shirts if I can't wear that during earlier hours. Thanks.
My understanding is that the polo shirt can be worn by anyone whose job is primarily the filling of stock. Some of the day workers that work in Grocery working through overstocks, filling ends etc wear them instead of the button up shirts. You can wear the button up shirts if you prefer. Since the polo shirts don't need ironing and don't need to be tucked in I think you'll find them far more comfortable, IMHO. I also recommend obtaining a good pair of black leather sneakers, your feet will thank you. :)

That said I do envy the nightfillers that start when the shop is closed. No uniforms and they don't need to deal with a single customer!

nanakid12

HSC
Banning somebody is usually a painful process unless it is processed on the spot (e.g. by loss prevention who does the paperwork on the spot).
Basically, people need to be issued with ban notices, paperwork needs to be filed. Without that, they can come back at any time, a verbal message isn't enough.

Getting to that stage would require some dedicated pushing by the staff member
Ahh righto, cheers mate. Turns out that there was some mix-up in the story... the girl called her own her own phone while she was on her tea break. So no such process can happen :( but I know the person in question, so it should have been easy to ban to issue if she came in again... maybe?

Oh well.

The Woolworths Memes page on Facebook sucks now.

nanakid12

HSC
Banning somebody is usually a painful process unless it is processed on the spot (e.g. by loss prevention who does the paperwork on the spot).
Basically, people need to be issued with ban notices, paperwork needs to be filed. Without that, they can come back at any time, a verbal message isn't enough.

Getting to that stage would require some dedicated pushing by the staff member
Ahh righto, cheers mate. Turns out that there was some mix-up in the story... the girl called her own her own phone while she was on her tea break. So no such process can happen :( but I know the person in question, so it should have been easy to ban to issue if she came in again... maybe?

Oh well.

The Woolworths Memes page on Facebook sucks now.

nanakid12

HSC
Especially Paul McCarthy's song. "...the spirit's up, we're here tonight, and that's enough." I think we can all relate to that ha.

We got a CoreComm's yesterday saying that all Service Cashiers can now use the Qty function, where previously only Service Supervisors could override it. One of the cashiers tried it and it still prompted her for the Supervisor's login. I guess it's coming soon?

That's about the only exciting thing I've heard about lately ha.

BSammy

HSC
Especially Paul McCarthy's song. "...the spirit's up, we're here tonight, and that's enough." I think we can all relate to that ha.

We got a CoreComm's yesterday saying that all Service Cashiers can now use the Qty function, where previously only Service Supervisors could override it. One of the cashiers tried it and it still prompted her for the Supervisor's login. I guess it's coming soon?

That's about the only exciting thing I've heard about lately ha.
THAT IS THE ONLY FUCKING CHRISTMAS SONG I CANNOT STAND!

Also yeah, it gave a date for unlocking the QTY button., it's not yet, but it's soon. there's a team talk to explain to all the people too dumb to have supervisor access how to not mess up the stock counts with the QTY function. it won't be enough i reckon :D

nanakid12

HSC
THAT IS THE ONLY FUCKING CHRISTMAS SONG I CANNOT STAND!

Also yeah, it gave a date for unlocking the QTY button., it's not yet, but it's soon. there's a team talk to explain to all the people too dumb to have supervisor access how to not mess up the stock counts with the QTY function. it won't be enough i reckon :D
Haha I meant that with sarcasm. I'm sick of it, it's the only one I recognise each year, apart from that one by John Lenon.

And agreed about the QTY thing though, lol. Lucky that's not my problem. ;)

We hired heaps of new staff, oh my god, I've realised how shit at training I am haha.

quick90

HSC
We don't have that xmas song at our store this year...yet! There have been some welcome additions, Like a few Mariah Carey xmas ones.

Anyone heard about this 'Lunchroom Challenge'?

nanakid12

HSC
We don't have that xmas song at our store this year...yet! There have been some welcome additions, Like a few Mariah Carey xmas ones.
A- ar- ar- are you serious? I simply cannot fathem the reason for the amount of times I have heard that song.

Just to make sure you know which song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9BZDpni56Y

Or there's this one, which is the John Lenon song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4Uu0OlmTg

BTW I hate the new YouTube layout, it's all shitty and shit.

Anyone heard about this 'Lunchroom Challenge'?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please enlighten me.

Beege

HSC
Hey guys,

I am currently employed as a checkout operator at Woolies and I'll be finishing my uni course this week, so I'll need to be working more hours until I find work in my industry. I've worked on the checkouts for 2 and a half years and tbh I'm quite sick of it, so what's a good department I could ask to be transferred to? Bakery seems to be the one that appeals to me most, so if there are any bakery assistants here, please tell me all about it!

Last edited:

quick90

HSC
A- ar- ar- are you serious? I simply cannot fathem the reason for the amount of times I have heard that song.

Just to make sure you know which song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9BZDpni56Y

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please enlighten me.
I remember it from last year, I hated it too! but nope, not once this year.

And the lunchroom thing, Don't know much about it. But I know that a couple of staff members have been asked to come up with ideas to 'makeover' the lunchroom... apparently its a challenge between stores.

Edit: A friend from another store told me they have just been asked to submit ideas of what they would like in the lunchroom eg. a TV, re-painted...

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
I am currently employed as a checkout operator at Woolies and I'll be finishing my uni course this week, so I'll need to be working more hours until I find work in my industry. I've worked on the checkouts for 2 and a half years and tbh I'm quite sick of it, so what's a good department I could ask to be transferred to?
I've worked on checkouts for officially four years on the 27th. Didn't realise that til just now... wow :S
I did like two or three produce shifts, it seemed alright. Apparently Nontrade is pretty good too, although the only experience I've had with that is helping the SSA take down tickets when they're shortstaffed. But it was fun. :)

I remember it from last year, I hated it too! but nope, not once this year.

And the lunchroom thing, Don't know much about it. But I know that a couple of staff members have been asked to come up with ideas to 'makeover' the lunchroom... apparently its a challenge between stores.
Ahh, okay then. And weird, maybe it's just your area group or something? Do you guys have many area-events between your stores, like a meet up or anything? We had one few weeks ago, twas hilarious seeing all the bosses so drunk haha.

quick90

HSC
Ahh, okay then. And weird, maybe it's just your area group or something? Do you guys have many area-events between your stores, like a meet up or anything? We had one few weeks ago, twas hilarious seeing all the bosses so drunk haha.
We had some sort of area managers meeting at one of our stores last week, is that the same thing?

Also I started working at woolies when I got back from schoolies in 2008. So I'm pretty much the same as you, coming up 4 years!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)