The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
No more Homebrand milk?
Yea, pretty glad about that. The Woolies Fresh (now Select) milk tastes better than H/B anyway.

One of our registers we haven't used since last Xmas is having some trouble with the scales. The scale display shows the weight of the produce, however the register just awaits the scale input, and eventually just comes up with the "Scale Error..." screen. Any of you guys know how to fix this without involving IT? They always take 2+ weeks before coming to our store.
Cheers :)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yea, pretty glad about that. The Woolies Fresh (now Select) milk tastes better than H/B anyway.

One of our registers we haven't used since last Xmas is having some trouble with the scales. The scale display shows the weight of the produce, however the register just awaits the scale input, and eventually just comes up with the "Scale Error..." screen. Any of you guys know how to fix this without involving IT? They always take 2+ weeks before coming to our store.
Cheers :)
Has the register been rebooted? Could be a cable has fallen out somewhere. If you call IT then they will do a hard reboot which could also fix it.
Either way, you should call them ASAP if you want it ready for Christmas?

nanakid12

HSC
I'm guessing, due to its lack of usage over the past year, is that it has been crashing at least four times a week for the past three months. I usually just reboot it from the start menu an the Storeline application boots up. We only use it for spot checks.

Except for now. Anyway, how do you ring up IT? You call the service desk, and then what? I've never had to ring up before. The 2ic said she called up once to ask them why they hadn't fixed a broken register from 3 weeks ago and they got up her for nagging them.

I don't want to speak to them if they've always got their cranky pants on.

BSammy

HSC
i always have to try not to comment when people complain about the IT people

yes they are hopeless and don't know what they are doing.

the fact most of them are indian or asian has nothing to do with them being useless tho.

Clank_

HSC
It's probably something to do with accepting lower than normal working/pay conditions.
Trolley contractors (not store employees) actually get paid very well. Most of them are in 100k+ and it's very tough to get into.

oldmanjoe

HSC
N/A
Hey - I've been reading this thread for a couple of months, and registered just so I can engage in this discussion :D

I've read a lot of the thread, but I'll introduce myself here.

I'm a 15yr Woolworthian. I've got a Supervisor ID in the Service department and I'm a Cash Office Assistant.

I've been working for Woolworths for 4 months, and I'm loving it so far!

Does anyone have any tips or pointers?

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
apparently with the innov8ive ideas, rejected emails were sent our mistakenly to all the accepted ideas as well as the accepted email.
anyone heard about any development of the ideas?

or anymore on the renovations (project swordfish)?

and does everyone else have shifty looking sandwiches in their drinks fridges now? those things look nasty.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
apparently with the innov8ive ideas, rejected emails were sent our mistakenly to all the accepted ideas as well as the accepted email.
anyone heard about any development of the ideas?

or anymore on the renovations (project swordfish)?

and does everyone else have shifty looking sandwiches in their drinks fridges now? those things look nasty.
Haven't heard about any ideas being worked on. Would love some of them to happen, especially https://www.allyours.com/benefits/ideas/idea.html?ideaid=123&page=0

My store got made over with Swordfish I think. We got new signage in fresh departments, all our shelves got moves, new bakery section and new-look produce section. Looks awesome!

We haven't got any sandwiches?

nanakid12

HSC
Trolley contractors (not store employees) actually get paid very well. Most of them are in 100k+ and it's very tough to get into.
Yea, that's the position I originally applied for. The massive benefits included a car complete with unlimited fuel card. Unfortunately, my trololol was unsuccessful. :)

i also read this thread a lot, been working at woolworths for a year, front end, just want to be 18 to work in smoke shop :) , also how do you become a supervisor???? i'm 17 now
And yous reckon QLD is a backwards state! We can serve customers cigarettes, regardless of the cashiers age.

I became a supervisor when I was 16... but started getting regular shifts when I was 17. I would say just ask them and tell them you're interested. I know it seems like a sort of promotion you don't ask about... seriously, just ask your CSM about it. Or if you're a bit nervous, just ask questions about the position and they might catch on that you're interested.

Also, I love my roster for next week... never seen that before.
image.jpg

BSammy

HSC
with the last half hour after midnight on the following days box? yeah, i get that a bit.

just wait til you work a sunday night after midnight, the last half hour doesn't show up unless you look at the following weeks roster.
to be sure, always check the wall rosters at work.

the way to go

HSC
My store got made over with Swordfish I think. We got new signage in fresh departments, all our shelves got moves, new bakery section and new-look produce section. Looks awesome!
now im jealous. my stores getting a bit rundown, everything seems to be breaking atm, even door handles.

just found some stats for the innov8ive ideas :D

Ideas currently active205
Closed0
Pending Review284
Declined (post investigation)2*
Approved0
Work in Progress0
Implemented1*
Declined (Pre-Investigation)62

*all for Thomas Dux stores and the 1 implemented idea was implemented before the idea was accepted so i assume it was being implemented already then he suggested it, and they decided to make it count.

looks like they've got a lot of work to do.

_be

HSC
Well life got the better of me, completely forgot about BoS for a while!
Just got through a good few pages, I'll just respond to some recent posts. :)

I could almost swear they're made in the same factory, from the same milk?

One of our registers we haven't used since last Xmas is having some trouble with the scales. The scale display shows the weight of the produce, however the register just awaits the scale input, and eventually just comes up with the "Scale Error..." screen.
Depending on how tech savvy you are, you could pull the computer tower out from it's tray and check all the cables are securely connected to the back of it?

Anyway, how do you ring up IT? You call the service desk, and then what? I've never had to ring up before. The 2ic said she called up once to ask them why they hadn't fixed a broken register from 3 weeks ago and they got up her for nagging them.

Yeah pretty much that, ring the 1800 number, click through to IT, then sit on hold for about half an hour!

I'm a 15yr Woolworthian. I've got a Supervisor ID in the Service department and I'm a Cash Office Assistant.

I've been working for Woolworths for 4 months, and I'm loving it so far!
Are you serious? I couldn't believe that someone barely off probation would be doing cash office shifts..
My store was a complete nazi for policy and procedure, being old enough before doing any elevated shifts. Unless of course you were a pretty little blonde..

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Are you serious? I couldn't believe that someone barely off probation would be doing cash office shifts..
My store was a complete nazi for policy and procedure, being old enough before doing any elevated shifts. Unless of course you were a pretty little blonde..
Meh, one of the chicks at our store was barely 16 when she started doing cash office. They'll promote anybody these days

bensneddon

HSC
Anyway, how do you ring up IT? You call the service desk, and then what? I've never had to ring up before. The 2ic said she called up once to ask them why they hadn't fixed a broken register from 3 weeks ago and they got up her for nagging them.

Dial **4000 from Cisco phones.

All I will say about IT is log jobs immediately, make note of the incident number, call back every 24 hours and if the incident isn't being resolved the ask to speak to the CSR's manager.

The manager will often not be available, and they will say 'my manager will call you back in an hour'. Make note of what time it will be when this hour is up. Call back, and escalate again. Keep escalating until the problem is resolved.

Also, after each call, there is an automated survey. Don't ignore this and just hang up! If you received poor service, make sure you give them low ratings. The IT Service Desk is outsourced, and the contractor will be financially affected by poor ratings.

Register hardware issues are dealt with by contractors (NCR for SCO and Bytecraft for standard registers). Always get an ETA on when the technician will attend on-site for register hardware issues. If they do not arrive at the ETA, call the service desk back and ask for the issue to be escalated to the NCR or Bytecraft Service Coordinator.

tl;dr - log issues immediately, follow up every 24 hours, if you don't get results then escalate continually until resolved.

On a positive note, there are a few good IT guys that work for our contractors. To those select few - thank you :)

nanakid12

HSC
Thanks for your help, but I got it done yesterday. The dispatched a technician within 2 hours! Pretty sure all he did was plug a cable in though, cos he wasn't there long. But at least it's working again haha :)

Also I heard a tip that could be useful over the next couple of weeks: if your EFT machine freezes up or anything, hold down "Cheque" "Savings" and "Cancel" button simultaneously and it will reboot the machine. You'll have to do an WOW EFT logon again... sign off the register, hit menu, EFT LOGIN (or something like that). It does take a few minutes to initialize but yea, it worked when I needed it! :)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Thanks for your help, but I got it done yesterday. The dispatched a technician within 2 hours! Pretty sure all he did was plug a cable in though, cos he wasn't there long. But at least it's working again haha :)

Also I heard a tip that could be useful over the next couple of weeks: if your EFT machine freezes up or anything, hold down "Cheque" "Savings" and "Cancel" button simultaneously and it will reboot the machine. You'll have to do an WOW EFT logon again... sign off the register, hit menu, EFT LOGIN (or something like that). It does take a few minutes to initialize but yea, it worked when I needed it! :)
Yes that was the trick with the old pinpads but I'm not sure now with the new ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)