The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

the way to go

HSC
hmm, lunchroom challenge, thank god, our lunchroom is a craphole.

i noticed the QTY thing the other night when i went to swipe my supervisor barcode for them and it didnt ask for it....

do the new employees still have to take tests to see if they're good (ill just be honest) smart enough for the job?
the new employees at my store... :mad2:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
hmm, lunchroom challenge, thank god, our lunchroom is a craphole.

i noticed the QTY thing the other night when i went to swipe my supervisor barcode for them and it didnt ask for it....

do the new employees still have to take tests to see if they're good (ill just be honest) smart enough for the job?
Oh dear, I think the exact same thing.
There wasn't really ever any testing, it was just a performance review.

nanakid12

HSC
We had some sort of area managers meeting at one of our stores last week, is that the same thing?

Also I started working at woolies when I got back from schoolies in 2008. So I'm pretty much the same as you, coming up 4 years!
WHOA! Nah, we had a trivia night for a fundraiser for a few stores in the area for the Fresh Food Kids. We all got drunk haha :)

What's this?
New employee's at my store are pretty good. I'm not a very motivated role-model though, so I don't think I'm training them properly.

Also, I have a technical question about that law for sale of tobacco products, where they can only be served from ONE counter. Some old guy was getting all cranky at me because he was deaf, and wouldn't listen to me to come around the other side of the service desk to serve him cigarettes. So I took the money around the other side, put it through the smokeshop register and went around the other side again and gave them his change/receipt/shittarettes. Is this illegal?

EDIT: I told him about 50 times to come around the other side, and in the end he started "Fucken hell mate, just SERVE 'EM ALREADY, I WANNA GET HOME AND HAVE A FUCKEN BEER!" Hence, why I gave in.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Also, I have a technical question about that law for sale of tobacco products, where they can only be served from ONE counter. Some old guy was getting all cranky at me because he was deaf, and wouldn't listen to me to come around the other side of the service desk to serve him cigarettes. So I took the money around the other side, put it through the smokeshop register and went around the other side again and gave them his change/receipt/shittarettes. Is this illegal?
No, doesn't matter where the customer is standing, you still put it through the correct register..?

BSammy

HSC
they worked mostly

the pay girls computer died because it was plugged into a normal power point, not then special ones with the round hole for the bottom prong.

i saved the day by stealing a cord from another computer :D

BSammy

HSC
The main pwoer was down but the store backuppower was still up. what the registers use etc

that's what the cpmputers should be using, and would be if they used the pwoer p[oints with the round role a tthe bottom not a normal prong.
but i don't know why but they had the wrong cord and were in the normal mains.,

most of the comoutpers were fine except for this one/ cause it was plugged into mains not woolowtrths backup power

slorry for typing, i'm quite driunk

BSammy

HSC
The main pwoer was down but the store backuppower was still up. what the registers use etc

that's what the cpmputers should be using, and would be if they used the pwoer p[oints with the round role a tthe bottom not a normal prong.
but i don't know why but they had the wrong cord and were in the normal mains.,

most of the comoutpers were fine except for this one/ cause it was plugged into mains not woolowtrths backup power

nanakid12

HSC
Haha clearly.

No, doesn't matter where the customer is standing, you still put it through the correct register..?
Yea, but I thought the law stated that "The sale of tobacco can only take place from one counter", meaning he also has to be receiving them over the smokeshop counter.

I would look it up, but I can't be bothered when I'm on my phone

mash121

HSC
hi guys i have applied for a job at woolworths at least over 200 times (serious) but i keep getting the rejection letters. do they even take people based on online applications, because i cant see anything wrong with my application, i have experience and i put in the application all the things they want to hear/see, yet they keep rejecting me.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It's very hard to figure out why that is happening. It's almost lucky dip. To be honest, it probably has something to do with your age (if your HSC was 2010), as you're not cheap like a 15 year old and if they do want to employee mature people, they probably have stronger candidates (older people with many more years of experience) as a result.

Hard to say. Just keep trying, different stores, different roles and different divisions.

Clank_

HSC
Hard to say. Just keep trying, different stores, different roles and different divisions.
Also try to apply asap. I think timing has something to do with it.

Coles seem to do record overs in a very inefficient way. You have to write the product code, category code, amount of stock and expiry date for perishables on a sticker and put that on the box and they then input those codes into the scanning gun. At Woolies I'm pretty sure all they did was scan the box barcode and input the amount.

the way to go

HSC
can anybody clear this up for me? I think I've missed out on a huge amount of days off...?

At least once in every 2 weeks an employee shall be granted 2 consecutive days off, which shall be a Fri/Sat, Sat/Sun or Sun/Mon, except where an employee requests an alternative roster arrangement.

An employee who works ordinary hours on a Sunday shall be given 3 consecutive days off which shall include Saturday and Sunday, once every 4 weeks. By mutual agreement alternative arrangements may apply.
edit: I have NEVER seen a general power outlet with a round bottom prong in my store.

BSammy

HSC
by signing a contract which doesn't give you those days off, you have agreed to not have them.

next time they offer you a roster contract change, or if you ask for one, and you want those days off, let them know and don't sign anything that says otherwise.

the round pronged outlets i think are only in offices for computers, have a look next time you're in one. computers and printers should be in them. we have them at my store, and i'm pretty sure we had them at my old store in tassie.

Fireworkss

HSC
What are my chances of securing a replenishment job at Woolies?

I applied 4 days ago, I'm a full-time uni student (18 y.o) had previous retail experience. I mean is a job at woolies really that competitive? All u need is pulse right?

Fireworkss

HSC
How long after you applied online did u get a response? And also, should I call them u to better my chances of landing the job?

nanakid12

HSC
Well, I got a reply within three days. But that's over four years ago now.

Highlight of my day: creating an enormous traffic problem in the car park while collecting trollies. Though the customers who are over-protective of their car may have had something do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)