Insomniacs..How Do You Get To Sleep? (2 Viewers)

eja2000

HSC
It's one of those nights where you can't sleep. You're either too hot or too cold, your eyes just won't stay closed..

What do you guys do to get yourselves to sleep when you're struggling? :confused:

My sleeping pattern is pretty out whack at the moment. I tend to have difficulty sleeping until the early hours of the morning, and I'll wake up around 10:30AM. The only thing that seems to help me get to sleep is camomile tea, herbal sleep supplements and sleeping pills, which I'm reluctant to use because I don't want to get dependent on them.

starshine02

HSC
I'm not sure if I'm an insomniac but it always takes me a long time to get to sleep so I always try to get into bed early so that I won't be sleeping too late.

Sometimes I drink warm milk which may/may not work or sometimes I just listen to really soft music or something.

I'm also really sensitive to light/sound so I always use the eye mask thing when sleeping and listen to soft music to block out disturbances.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I have no idea.

I've slept ~15-16 hours in the last 100 hours.

Maybe ask someone that actually sleeps…?

Thaler

HSC
N/A
Stop trying to go to sleep and just read in bed.

ahdil33

HSC
Apparently keep reading in bed til you're tired works. My sleeping patterns are screwed up, about 4:30am-11:30am atm

WeaselPowa

HSC
Do what the dude did in The Cider House Rules :O It seemed somewhat effective ^^
Or get addicted to a game and no life ;)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
It's annoying... I'm one of those people that require >8 hours of sleep, nothing less, and at least 1 time every week I go to sleep past midnight when I go to bed at 10:30, that's a hour and a half in trying to get to sleep.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
My sleeping pattern is fucked, I probably sleep as much as an Investment Banker.

Dash8

HSC
Go to bed at the same time every day and get up at the same time (e.g. 21:30-07:30) and stay in bed even if you are awake, relax for an hour before bed, do not have naps during the day, minimise stress, eat healthy and don't eat just before bed. I think that's what I would do if I had insomnia :)

starshine02

HSC
Go to bed at the same time every day and get up at the same time (e.g. 21:30-07:30) and stay in bed even if you are awake, relax for an hour before bed, do not have naps during the day, minimise stress, eat healthy and don't eat just before bed. I think that's what I would do if I had insomnia :)
Damn I take naps during the day. Maybe that's why I can't sleep well at night. Always go to bed at weird hours too...

Will take that advice for now :)

shakini12

HSC
well i have been suffering from insomnia too. still i am. usually music and warm milk before bed helps me. although i try to reduce my time in front of computer at least 2 hours before bed

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
eat and drink less energy-heavy things
exercise a bit before sleeping but not in the half hour leading up to it
don't have music/noise or light in ur room

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Apparently keep reading in bed til you're tired works. My sleeping patterns are screwed up, about 4:30am-11:30am atm
this thread frustrates me a bit because this is NOT insomnia. You're still sleeping 7 hours a day and that's maybe a little less than normal (9 hours is considered what adults need) but it's within the normal range. It's just a screwed up sleeping pattern that CAN be fixed. Insomnia is a much more complicated issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)