First in Course List (1 Viewer)

Heydosaurus

HSC
i did a photoshoot with josh and 2 others from the hunter/central coast region! it was awkward because we were asked to pretend we were talking to each other for a few photos :p
Haha, that's when you start talking about something completely random. It's great to see some more Hunter/Central Coast representation in state firsts this year! Hopefully the trend continues.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Girl from my highschool got first in the state in Gen Math. We're ranked like 600th in the state. Unbelievable.

kenkap

HSC
When does the distinguished achievers list come out??

Rawf

HSC
Is a distinguished achiever just someone who receives a band 6? So they actually have a list with everyone who got a band 6 for each sub? O_O

Rawf

HSC
Is a distinguished achiever just someone who receives a band 6? So they actually have a list with everyone who got a band 6 for each sub? O_O
Nvm haha I found it. Woah, I spotted my bro on the 2010 one. I remember he said he got 2 band 6's but turns out he only got one

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
why aren't they over the moon?
they just make it seem like its nothing too good
Notifications were sent out last Friday, so they had time to process it. I think the achievement seems a lot bigger than it really is because we all sat the exams, so we all have the same context, and we have been told time and time again how important the HSC is. Ultimately though, the HSC is really insignificant, and being first in course is just a bit of study combined with an immense amount of luck. Also, on its own, it means virtually nothing in regards to ATAR or uni admission.

Jabbz

HSC
congratulations to all state rankers and also to all HSC students hopefully our marks will be favourable tomorrow:)

mac1996

HSC
Notifications were sent out last Friday, so they had time to process it. I think the achievement seems a lot bigger than it really is because we all sat the exams, so we all have the same context, and we have been told time and time again how important the HSC is. Ultimately though, the HSC is really insignificant, and being first in course is just a bit of study combined with an immense amount of luck. Also, on its own, it means virtually nothing in regards to ATAR or uni admission.
congrats on ur state rank:)

HSC
Uni Grad
Ryde secondary college - 3 1st in place ppl, plus two others, one who topped indo extension and the other who topped chinese background speakers. topping chinese background speakers has got to be one of the hardest things ever, given that the chinese who do the course are all so tank at chinese =_=

J18134

HSC
Why should dancing/VA/music not be subjects? They have written exams and projects just like any other subject. I did music for a long time (including music 2for prelim) and academically it felt the same as all my other subjects.
You could have written exam for basketball. Still doesnt make it a subject.

pHyRe

HSC
Not sure, but I have a feeling James Ruse will rank 2/3
You're very wrong, ruse will be 1st for sure! just cause they only got 2 tops doesn't mean anything. They got none last year hahaha
It's ruse, they'll keep coming first until the crappy measurement the tables use catches up with them or some super small contingent from like malek fahd or open high school beat them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)