The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

Tsonga is putting up a good fight. It's now to 5 sets. He's toppled the top players in grand slams before so he has the potential to do it again.

RishBonjour

HSC

fuar, Fed vs murray. Can't wait.

Not sure if Murray is gunning this year or just faced easy opponents (although I personally like how Simon plays) (all straight sets)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

fuar, Fed vs murray. Can't wait.

Not sure if Murray is gunning this year or just faced easy opponents (although I personally like how Simon plays) (all straight sets)
Yeah see, although it was 5 sets, no way tsonga was going to win.

Murray has had the easiest draw tbh, hard to tell what form he's in (and who's going to win)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Woot! Li Na is in the finals!

tigerian

HSC
N/A

tennis will be fun to watch now. Serena gone - really pleased to see her gone - and no Williams in the doubles. Hopefully she will retire now

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

tennis will be fun to watch now. Serena gone - really pleased to see her gone - and no Williams in the doubles. Hopefully she will retire now
That's like saying Federer is gonna retire. Not gonna happen anytime soon :p

tigerian

HSC
N/A

but Federer is a delight to watch and is very very humble. a big difference

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

the Djoker way too good, cya later ferrer.

fed vs murray - tough one to pick out, going to be a thriller (hopefully)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I'm going to guess... Federer in 5.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

but Federer is a delight to watch and is very very humble. a big difference
That doesn't really affect when they're gonna retire. Williams is closing in on the all time greats (she has 15 grand slam singles titles whilst the all time leader is Margaret Court at 24 grand slam singles titles) so I think she would stick around for a while to chase a few more grand slams :p. Federer on the other hand has nothing much to prove other than extend his record lead of 17 grand slam singles titles.

I don't mind watching Williams play. You can learn a thing or two from her form. She would give some of the male players a run for their money too. I think a major reason a lot of guys don't really appreciate her is because she's got a masculine streak and isn't as attractive as say Sharapova or Ivanovic.

the Djoker way too good, cya later ferrer.

fed vs murray - tough one to pick out, going to be a thriller (hopefully)
I think Djokovic showed more of his offensive side in this match and Ferrer was forced to be defensive (which isn't his strong point). When he was against Wawrinka, he was forced to be mainly defensive and survived.

RishBonjour

HSC

Woot! Li Na is in the finals!
Sharapova prematch interview, she said something along the lines of "I just don't want to be pushed/challenged (laughs)"
and then loses.

djokovic is just overrated.
Hopefully Murray or Fed for aus open.

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

Sharapova prematch interview, she said something along the lines of "I just don't want to be pushed/challenged (laughs)"
and then loses.

djokovic is just overrated.
Hopefully Murray or Fed for aus open.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Federe in straight sets against Murray, maybe 4

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

Yeah, gonna hedge my bets on 4

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

He is mate.
What do you mean he's overrated? He's rated as he is, and is playing freaking good - I thought you've been watching the tennis. Plus you can't be really 'overrated' in tennis, if your are rank 1 and performing (obviously defending points by winning) then you deserve your position. Especially in this modern era, it's crazy hard to break top 10 - let alone top the rankings man

Why is he 'overrated' to you? What's murray then?

RishBonjour

HSC

What do you mean he's overrated? He's rated as he is, and is playing freaking good - I thought you've been watching the tennis. Plus you can't be really 'overrated' in tennis, if your are rank 1 and performing (obviously defending points by winning) then you deserve your position. Especially in this modern era, it's crazy hard to break top 10 - let alone top the rankings man

Why is he 'overrated' to you? What's murray then?
Djokovic is a great player no doubt, I just don't like how some people talk him up as better than federer lol.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Djokovic is a great player no doubt, I just don't like how some people talk him up as better than federer lol.
Clearly a Federer fan lol. I don't think I've encountered anyone who said Djokovic was better than Federer. Djokovic still has a lot to prove. If anything Federer is becoming overrated because I always get people talking him up to win every single grand slam when he is well past his prime and no longer the invincible player he used to be. He almost always gets beaten by Nadal or Djokovic (plus a few others every now and then like Berdych and Tsonga) in the majors these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)